Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sumlin

17,193 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Brazos Ag 1970
Maroonblood32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want nothing more than to watch Malik and Daylon flop.
45-70Ag
AG
Both sumlin and kid are right.
Sumlin either can't/wont answer questions about a dc to an 18 yr old, no big deal his call.

The kid wants to know basically who he is working for and had no clue who it migh be.

Both are right and the situation is fubar
fredfredunderscorefred
Yes hawg---the kid wanted to know something that his possible-to-be coach didn't provide. We arent disagreeing on anything. Unless you are saying you know WHY sumlin didn't provide it. At this point nobody knows WHY sumlin didn't provide any info.

Dobre casy
AG
If the DC hire wasn't official or agreed to, he shouldn't say anything.
fredfredunderscorefred
What Irish man said
Dobre casy
AG
If Jefferson really wanted to consider everything, he'd have pushed his commitment date back. Instead, he got his feelings hurt bc Sumlin wouldn't cater to his demands. Lack of maturity? Sure, but he's 17 or 18.
GhostRider76
AG
If you haven't fallen off a horsethen you haven't been ridin long enough.
theperkygrouch
quote:
To be fair, these kids are his business.
My employees are my business, but I definately do NOT tell them everything.

Malik's entire family was pushing for him to be a longhorn. For 2 years he was trying to find a reason to convince them and himself not to. We lost Deandre McNeal when Beaty left within 2 days of his in home, he felt betrayed and it turned him burnt orange...Malik had everything pushing him Austin and the Sumlin hurt his feelings by not telling him what he wanted and Sumlin could not. Those boys made a life changing decision because their feelings were hurt because they did not get to know everything. Time for them to learn that is part of life.
MaxPower
If Sumlin hasn't gotten a yes yet from his guy then what can he tell him? If Malik was truly interested he could have waited a few days to find out who the new DC is tomake a more informed decision. He is an early enrollee but verbalizing his commitment yesterday was an unnecessary self imposed deadline.
CentexAg
AG
quote:
I want nothing more than to watch Malik and Daylon flop.

I really don't care how they do over there. We don't play them, we don't play anybody who does play them. They have nothing to do with us. Let's focus on our guys.
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
If Sumlin hasn't gotten a yes yet from his guy then what can he tell him? If Malik was truly interested he could have waited a few days to find out who the new DC is tomake a more informed decision. He is an early enrollee but verbalizing his commitment yesterday was an unnecessary self imposed deadline.

For you its an early self imposed deadline. Wanting to know where you're going to school in a few weeks isn't an insane thing to announce and find out.
Blaser270
quote:
Yes hawg---the kid wanted to know something that his possible-to-be coach didn't provide. We arent disagreeing on anything. Unless you are saying you know WHY sumlin didn't provide it. At this point nobody knows WHY sumlin didn't provide any info.

What Vito said. NOTHING WAS OFFICIAL! Had he given Malik a name or two and it hadn't happened then Malik would have come back and said he was lied to.

The point you're refusing to acknowledge is that Malik's family wanted him at TU. Some people are burnt orange and have no idea why...
W
AG
Sumlin and the program will be okay as long as he can stop the off-season attrition on the defensive side of the ball. Gotta get these DL's, LB's, and DB's to their senior seasons -- not dropping out after the fish or sophomore year
fredfredunderscorefred
Guess you missed the words I wrote "his parents wanted Texas"--- Yep. Refusing to acknowledge oh wait...geeez
ForeverAg
Meridian Ag
I have trust in Sumlin based on the entirety of his coaching career, and the knowledge he has acquired through it. My trust in him has never wavered. As far as the DC, or recruits for that matter, It takes genuine mutual interest, no matter how badly one party might wish to consumate a deal. I trust that he will find the best person or persons for the DC job that actually care to be here.
whatthehey78
AG
Proven nothing and deservedly earned less.
Touchscreen
AG
quote:
quote:

"Malik is very emotionally invested in things," Mike Jefferson said. "When he feels betrayed in any type of way, you're setting yourself up for failure. I think A&M not contacting him about the defensive coordinator had a major influence."

ETA: Forgot the LINK
Betrayed? Best that he did what he did and just move along to wherever he thinks he has it better.
frogagg
Bottom line Jefferson and Mack do not trust Sumlin - Sheffield does!
WyattAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
Why in the hell do people think kids are so entitled to know all of the business. Blows my mind.

Why in he hell do people not think a kid would have to know who his DC is going to be (not to mention what the rest staff will look like) before he could bet the next 4-5 years and potentially millions of dollars on that decision? You morans can't see the forest for the trees.
Then why commit now? Just put the decision off until you can make an informed decision. How about that?
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why in the hell do people think kids are so entitled to know all of the business. Blows my mind.

Why in he hell do people not think a kid would have to know who his DC is going to be (not to mention what the rest staff will look like) before he could bet the next 4-5 years and potentially millions of dollars on that decision? You morans can't see the forest for the trees.
Then why commit now? Just put the decision off until you can make an informed decision. How about that?

He did make an informed decision. Why must that decision be made on your schedule and not t his. Besides he's an early enrollee, I can't imagine waiting this long.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
Still support him 100%. I'm embarrassed by the whiny babies that seem to have taken over this board. Sumlin knows what he's doing and he will get the best DC who is really available.
I used to think he knew what he was doing, but he suffered some pretty bad lows this season. Now I'm not sure if he does, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

We'll see who he hires for a DC, but I'm definitely on the pessimistic side of neutral at the moment, and I think that's a very reasonable place to be.
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
Bump
Cancelled
Cancelled
AG
I lost my Agtag?
Cancelled
AG
There it is
Bloody-Nine
duddleysdraw88
AG
#ISWT

*not trademarked by my mom
Beveille
Mike_Honcho315
AG
quote:
It takes genuine mutual interest, no matter how badly one party might wish to consumate a deal.

Does Jordan Hicks know about this?
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
This thread just seems appropriate time and time again.

Sumlin is the ****. It's going to be a wild next ten days, but I have all the faith in the world in Sumlin.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
KDS
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.