Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hamm Tweet

30,101 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PanicStream
DontDoubtElDandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the rumor is true, this doesn't even surprise me.
TCU Aggie
AG
Just more hype. Won't believe it until I see it
AgBank
AG
so does anyone have an idea what the Tarp article says?
Tylerjo97
AG
The article is out but it's subscription only
AgBank
AG
Yes, I just saw the tweet. I doubt it has any new info anyway.
tremble
AG
quote:
so does anyone have an idea what the Tarp article says?
We got played by Chavis. Apparently contacted Sumlin when he practically had the deal struck with Durkin.
MaxPower
He probably could of had a DC Wednesday but I bet it wasn't his first choice. So, do you hold out for better or settle hoping it helps with recruits? Keep in mind we have no idea if Malik would have committed anyway.
Madden
So is this LSU sabatoging the recruitment of Malik and Mack?
TSUAggie
No ****ing way. If that's the case, **** Chablis, **** Miles and **** common coaching courtesy when it comes to those *******s.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
Sumlin doesnt care about defense

Yeah, that or he knows his job depends on us having a defense good enough to help us win more than just the easy games next year and is doing what he can to hire the best guy he can get. Maybe he thinks this hire will make or break his career at A&M and wants to make the decision carefully
Deputy Travis Junior
The tarp article is not flattering. Supposedly Sumlin had durkin lined up but paused that whole thing for a swing-for-the-fences hire (chavis) that was almost certainly playing sumlin to drag the process out so that chavis could work on mack.

Sumlin got Ned Stark'd.
misterguinness
AG
If true........Sumlin = Amateur Hour
AgBank
AG
I could definitely see this being the case. Sumlin seems to be very intent on hitting a homerun. It is like other coaches can smell the fear. Oh well.
aggiesed8r
AG
Ok....now I understand.
mlb87
AG
how is durkin an impressive hire ???? isn't he just a muschamp reject ??
Deputy Travis Junior
Florida has had a pretty good D the last few years. He'd be rock solid (assuming that bridge isn't burnt after the delays).
Madden
Was it Durkin and Mattison?
Madden
So now he's being bashed for trying to hit a HR. Awesome
Texas Tide
AG
If this is all true then this is all utterly insane. I knew the SEC could get shady but that's beyond what I expected.
MarylandAG
Damn so how do you think Durkin feels now, knowing Sumlin was going to cast him aside at the last minute? Not exactly the best relationship to start out if he does become the next dcoord. From what I have gathered, Sumlin was given free rein on this hire to get who he wanted and handle it himself, he has completely botched it. Additionally, the OL coach had to go because our OLine play was atrocious, but the timing of it is suspect, that was on Sumlin too. I think that created mistrust with recruits.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
So now he's being bashed for trying to hit a HR. Awesome

He's being bashed for getting played.
Mr. White
Popcorn bags ready. So many popcorn bags.
Philip J Fry
AG
I would assume he would be glad to be getting a paycheck and continuing to work in the SEC.
Madden
So where does the fear come in?
viva torrente
quote:

He's being bashed for getting played.

He would get bashed if he had hired Durkin and ignored Chavis's outreach, no matter how fishy it may have been.
itsyourboypookie
Zoo breaking news and ****
AgBank
AG
quote:
So where does the fear come in?
sorry, likely a bit overstated desperation. It is more likely that they could tell that someone is susceptible to getting played.
AgBank
AG
LSU fans don't believe that Chavis would do that. They think it is totally made up by 247.
viva torrente
quote:
It is more likely that they could tell that someone is susceptible to getting played.

Sumlin may have had suspicions but if he did not respond to the lsu ploy, then he would have gotten so much **** on not only this board but from the BMAs. Should he have handled it better? Possibly, but he may have thought it was honest interest in the position. It was a sleazy trick from a POS staff from a POS school from a POS state. Now he needs to learn from this and hire the right DC.
quote:

LSU fans don't believe that Chavis would do that. They think it is totally made up by 247.
This is the SEC and they are from lousiana. I could totally believe it, especially with mack leaving as fast as he did. It was too well orchestrated.
MarylandAG
Of course LSU would do it, the bad blood goes back a long time. Some here will remember, this goes back to the Harvey Williams days (Hempstead, TX RB). I have not doubt they would do it, they can believe what they want to believe, hell all is fair in love and war!!!!
Cappy407
AG
We're talking about what could amount to hundreds of millions of dollars to a school with lots of deep pockets involved. There's no doubt stuff like this happens.
dannyv
AG
There is not likely to ever be confirmation of this story...
Bonfire96
AG
As if we didn't already know, Sumlin is a little *****
JJxvi
AG
LMAO, I assume the people that will believe this are the same types who believe that Billy Gillispie flew to Kentucky and tried to call Byrne to "take him back"
mpaggie06
AG
I have a hard time believing that.

But if you told me we'd still be without a DC at this point even though we supposedly have an open checkbook, while letting much needed defensive recruits flounder and go elsewhere, I'd have a hard time believing that, as well.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.