Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ITS HAPPENING!!!

105,129 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Saint Arnold
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Couple thoughts...

• The CS to Blacksburg flight is where all the smoke should be. That's a rare flight to make IMO.

THIS!

Who the hell else flies from College Station Texas to Roanoke Virginia?

Roanoke is 47 miles from Blacksburg.
Does Foster live in Roanoke or something?
Wranglers_04
Could this just be in-home visit with one of our LB targets, Ricky DeBerry from the Richmond, VA area? I don't think so since Roanoke is about 3 hours away from Richmond.
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
Brice tweeted about the sumlin / Malik meeting before Malik did IIRC. That means that Brice had time to speak with Malik and then tweet about
it before Malik's tweet.

Winner. See TexAgs IS smart!
Saint Arnold
AG
So much going on!

bigfoot10s
AG
Doubtful that the flight from Meachum to CS had any coaches on it. I could see them driving up there for the meeting with Malik, no plane needed. The only times they use the swagcopter are when they have to get back for a game. Not the case today.

Flight from CS to Roanoke is probably Hyman, no coaches needed for that flight. AD goes to pick up Foster, flies back tonight for a PC tomorrow
Sean_Jones
Is there not an airport at all in Blacksburg?
RichL318
quote:
quote:
quote:
Couple thoughts...

• The CS to Blacksburg flight is where all the smoke should be. That's a rare flight to make IMO.

THIS!

Who the hell else flies from College Station Texas to Roanoke Virginia?

Roanoke is 47 miles from Blacksburg.
Does Foster live in Roanoke or something?
You serious? Its probably the closest airport to Blacksburg.
farmersfightatm
quote:
Really small airport...not even regional...no tower.
ag92tx
quote:

There is. Probably why this is a non story.
Sean_Jones
So why couldn't this plane land at the small regional airport in Blacksburg? Somebody find out where Bud lives.
RichL318
quote:
quote:
Really small regional airport...
Damn. When you fly private you can usually land just about anywhere. Unless there is a netjets deal going on with Roanoke airport.
Wabs
AG
Black Dog Salvage is in Roanoke
farmersfightatm
quote:
quote:
quote:
Really small regional airport...
Damn. When you fly private you can usually land just about anywhere. Unless there is a netjets deal going on with Roanoke airport.
Neatjets might not fly to every airport, just regional ones...???
NorthStar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
malik posted the photo of himself and sumlin at 11:40am this morning. that plane took off from meacham at 11:39am. either malik takes forever to tweet photos or sumlin wasn't on that plane.
I'm sure he wasn't sitting there tweeting while the meeting was going on... it was clearly a later post
i'm sure he wasn't either.

but mesquite to meacham is an hour drive, so malik could have waited a while after the meeting... or this plane is just being sent from meacham to CLL to pick up somebody else from our AD to fly out there. i don't know. rumor is that Sumlin has a liberty bowl press thing to be at at 4:30pm this afternoon, and i'm not sure he can miss that.
Brice tweeted about the sumlin / Malik meeting before Malik did IIRC. That means that Brice had time to speak with Malik and then tweet about it before Malik's tweet.
i think brice's post on premium is from 12:30ish. the tweet i saw from him i thought was around the same time, iirc. but i think it is unlikely sumlin is on that plane regardless. i like the theory about it being having been sent by netjets from fort worth to pick up someone in CLL given where in DFW it came from, but i guess it's all guesswork at this point anyway.
TexAgs2005
May not want everyone at VT to know we are coming. I am sure it would get out quick if A&M officials landed at the VT airport.
VikingNik
AG
Google map it yourself. Blacksburg's airport is tiny. Roanoke's Airport is called Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
With a 4,539 foot runway. Though I see no lear jets parked there on google satellite.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Google map it yourself. Blacksburg's airport is tiny. Roanoke's Airport is called Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport.
that settles it, this the likely airport then.
Tylerjo97
AG
I lived in Blacksburg for 3 years and everyone flies out of Roanoke.
Johncp99
AG
Looks like Foster lives on or near Claytor Lake, in a town called Draper, VA. He's got a Facebook page with a lot of historical photos over the years, looks like a down-home country boy livin life looking for his next gig!! This area is about 30 minutes from VA Tech straight shot on Hwy 81.
Hu11abaloo
AG
quote:
quote:
Why cant KDS fly straight from DFW?

picked up wife
Mile High Club or nah ?
Hoss
AG
quote:
Which are both much closer to Mesquite. That's like flying to Georgetown to get to south Austin.

Some people do that.
Proudest Grasshopper
S
Roanoke Regional IS the closest airport.
Aero95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
With a 4,539 foot runway. Though I see no lear jets parked there on google satellite.
This might not be long enough for a Phenom jet... especially since they've had brake problems in the fleet.
SBISA Victim
AG
and they are less than an hour apart. Blacksburg airport is called Virginia Tech Montgomory Executive Airport. As the name suggests it is on the Virginia Tech Campus.
Baacma02
AG
What if the photo wasn't taken with Malik's phone, and was sent to him by whoever took the photo? Could explain the timing.
RogerEnright
Agreed. It likely doesn't matter.

They key point is it is extremely rare for the flight to go between KCLL and KROA (Roanoke) regardless of who is on the flight.
NorthStar
AG
Telco posted this on Twitter...

This could be Sumlin flying to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl thing:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SBE605
And Dana:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LJY26
PetroAg13
AG
Y'all know Sumlin is on a plane to Memphis right?
OaklandDoubleAg
AG
Guys.. if you zoom in on the highlight on the trophy in the picture Malik tweeted and run it through a few algorithms to enhance it you can totally see who is taking the picture!

Aero95
AG
quote:
Telco posted this on Twitter...

This could be Sumlin flying to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl thing:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SBE605
And Dana:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LJY26

That is likely exactly what is happening.
RichL318
Yea, but I doubt Kevin Sumlin is the one going to get the papers sign. Probably AD or an attorney.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Guys.. if you zoom in on highlight on the trophy in the picture Malik tweeted and run it through a few algorithms to enhance it you can totally see who is taking the picture!

this deserves it's own thread...
Van Buren Boy
AG
I have access to an almost real time satellite feed from my BIL who is a meteorologist. If the satellite is in the right area, I might be able to check the airport out. What time should I try?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.