Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

when is the last time we played a game that you thought we had no chance of winning?

7,961 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by PeekingDuck
Aggie Joe 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For a change of pace I'll answer for only when I was a student. Going into the Andre Ware de-helmet game against Couger High. They were killing it on offense; it just looked like a slaughter going into that game.

We pulled tickets and yelled our asses of anyway. Turned out ok.
Mr. Lahey
AG
Ole miss. What a dumb ass
Dad
AG
alabama 2014
Auburn 2014
LSU 2014
Missou 2014

Before that, I'd say a few games in Shermans first year.
Meximan
Bama, this year.
AgsMyDude
AG
The bye week
theJonatron
AG
Second half of Duke.

Every other game I've thought there's a chance.

That being said, I'm not even planning on watching football Saturday.
1996OlAg
AG
Uhh hello...lots of Fran games
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Alabama 2012
RingyAg
Ulm
NyAggie
AG
Lots of tu games in the 2000's
LihaiAg06
AG
You people that won't watch an Aggie football game when you think we will lose are pathetic!
Capt. America
AG
Bama 2012
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SGWAsbY.png[/img]
TexaN792
Florida 2012 and Bama 2014

Ive always been a positive thinker, but I see no way where we can come out on top of this one. We just have too many holes in our team to beat a solid team like Auburn
AggieTFA06
AG
Texas Tech 2009
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
AggieIce
AG
Any game that we had JFF there was always a good "chance" in my mind, was never more confident going into weekends.

The last one for me was against Tech '09 after them destroying someone and us losing bigtime to K-St
coupland boy
AG
Good observation OP. Probably OU in 2011 or tech 2009.

It's been a while since I've gone into a game with hope so thoroughly extinguished.

We won that 2009 tech game after being destroyed by the old man and k state. it's not impossible but we've been trending down and Auburn is very good.
shotcaller1
AG
Um never?

We always have a chance at winning
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
It's sad that people thought we had no chance to beat a team that should have lost to Arkansas.

Apparently you missed the two previous weeks. The final scores of both MSU and Ole Miss didn't give credit to how incredibly dominated we were in both contests. If you couldn't see how incredibly broken this team was prior to playing Bama, you weren't paying attention.
JaySugar
I actually thought we had a chance vs. Bama this year. Not a great one, but a small chance though. But this week feels utterly hopeless.
agracer
AG
Tech from 2009. KSU has just smashed us the week before (3rd loss in a row) and everyone was worried Tech would score 100 points.

Then that guy would not get off the can and the Ags could do no wrong
gig_em02
Never and we do have a chance to win. We have played like crap for 4 games but we still have the talent to win. If the coaches take some chances and get lucky then we might just pull it off. We have nothing to loose and they might be looking ahead to Georgia. This is not a bad place to be.
RTB Ag
AG
Yall are such *******
GregZeppelin
AG
quote:
I'm surprise some of yall thought we had no chance vs. Bama in '12.
I felt pretty excited about our chances that night.
I wouldn't have bet money that we would win, but felt like there was at least a 30% chance.

this week feels like 0%

Agree. I actually told a couple bama-grad friends of mine at the time that A&M would beat bama the day before the game. I told them that bama hadn't seen an offense like A&M's and wouldn't be able to stop it. They laughed at me and told me I was delusional. If I recall they didn't make it in the following Monday.

Bama 2014 I genuinely felt we had no chance. Same for Auburn this Saturday. A&M is broken, and the pieces ain't getting glued back together anytime this season.
Urban Ag
AG
I totally believed we would beat Bama in 2012. The team was surging. They were getting better each week. The momentum was building. Everyone could feel it. We were playing with swagger and the players and coaches were clearly having the time of their life.

Pretty much the exact freakin opposite of where we are right now.
SpecAg08
AG
quote:
I'm a big time pumper. This is honestly the first time I think we have no shot, which probably means we win. That is how they keep you coming back for more punishment

Just when you are ready to walk out the door and change your cell phone number, they show up and do something incredible and unexpected. You convince yourself that "this time is different" and all those other times were just a misunderstanding, and you really believe it too. Right up until next week when the beatings start again. The cycle continues. BAS at its worst.
Personal Best
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm a big time pumper. This is honestly the first time I think we have no shot, which probably means we win. That is how they keep you coming back for more punishment

Just when you are ready to walk out the door and change your cell phone number, they show up and do something incredible and unexpected. You convince yourself that "this time is different" and all those other times were just a misunderstanding, and you really believe it too. Right up until next week when the beatings start again. The cycle continues. BAS at its worst.

But this time IS different
Brakeman
Speak for yourself...... I picked Ags to win.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
quote:

Wow! That's prophecy right there.
PeekingDuck
AG
Bama 2014 - I knew that one was going to be bad, but didn't expect 59-0. Auburn I figured would be bad too but they aren't nearly as disciplined as Bama so there is always a chance.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.