Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Good Bull TexAgs Story: Ordered my replacement Aggie Ring today!

5,682 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by agfan92
Gabe Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
I can't thank all of the guys on the Varsity board enough for this! Truly blessed and blown away by the gesture!

Backstory...I have mentioned before to Aggies that I meet - and have talked about it on the air - that I lost my Aggie Ring a year ago because I never want Aggies to feel that I choose to not wear my Ring. I lost it at my in-laws' house last fall when we were living with them while building our home. Misplaced it and never found it. Don't know if the kids got ahold of it or not but it never surfaced.

I was looking forward to ordering - and paying for - my backup Ring but I had been holding out hope that my original Ring would show up. On Saturday after the ULM game, I was hanging out with iParty (Nick) and some TexAgs guys at our office and we were talking about the Aggie Ring and I kind of asked if anyone had a metal detector that I could use to find mine. Nobody said that they did but iParty secretly decided to go above and beyond. He took it to the Varsity board and in six hours, they had raised the funds and had paid for a replacement Ring...from all of you in the TexAgs community!

This gesture is truly stunning, amazing and incredibly special. I think I'll appreciate this one more than my original one because it came from my TexAgs family!

Apparently the Ring will arrive just in time for my birthday on Tuesday, December 9. Perhaps an on-air delivery - and dunking??? - is in order!
Frankie T
I got my replacement ring paid for because I was doing a Texas Tech Raider recruiter.

- One-upper story killer guy
BeefAg_00~
quote:
I got my replacement ring paid for because I was doing a Texas Tech Raider recruiter.

- One-upper story killer guy

KK?
agmrpink
AG
Thanks for sharing Gabe!
PLUM LOCO
AG

TowerAg90
AG
Whoop
Ag Tag
A friend of mine lost his and he thought it might be somewhere down in the sofa, so he told me that he was going to buy a metal detector and pass it over the sofa to find the ring. I told him that probably wouldn't work because the metal detector would most likely just detect all of the springs in the sofa instead of the ring.

He said, "Oh."
Picard
AG
Fortunately The Association pays half!
coupland boy
AG
quote:

fishinaggiegirl
AG
Whoop
agfan92
AG
quote:
Ah, the urban legend that simply won't die. Would love to know how this one originally got started.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.