Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No more Oregon game

11,128 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SAR Ag
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Aggie athletic director Eric Hyman exercised a clause from the contract A&M and theDucks agreed to back in 2009 that said they could get out deal if A&M changed conferences.

Is that standard??

I mean, considering that the PAC proposal was being negotiated supposedly behind our backs late 2009 and early 2010, that seems odd to me.

Does it seem odd to anyone else???
Sandman23
AG
Y'all are a bunch of crazies.

This is all due to scheduling. After the conference move, A&M is slated to only have 3 home games in 2018. So A&M asked Oregon to flip the home and home years. Oregon refused. A&M opted out to avoid the 3 home game season.

FriscoKid
AG
3 home conference games. not three home games.

Seems a little chicken to me on Hyman's part.
Sandman23
AG
quote:
3 home conference games. not three home games.

Seems a little chicken to me on Hyman's part.
Apologies, the 3 conference home game season.

Still pretty damn valid to me given how effing expensive season tickets are.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:
Y'all are a bunch of crazies.

This is all due to scheduling. After the conference move, A&M is slated to only have 3 home games in 2018. So A&M asked Oregon to flip the home and home years. Oregon refused. A&M opted out to avoid the 3 home game season.

With the other 3 games at home, six home games total is a decent schedule, and the chance to see Oregon at Kyle would appease the season ticket holders.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:

He did this to save us some money as season ticket holders?????

BMX Bandit
Rather then schedule three other nonconference home games in 2018, we canceled the only actual game we have scheduled because it's on the road?

Not buying it
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
Maybe we can play Sam Houston again or northern Idaho school of nursing...

Those nurses would beat us.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
quote:
quote:
Aggie athletic director Eric Hyman exercised a clause from the contract A&M and theDucks agreed to back in 2009 that said they could get out deal if A&M changed conferences.

Is that standard??

I mean, considering that the PAC proposal was being negotiated supposedly behind our backs late 2009 and early 2010, that seems odd to me.

Does it seem odd to anyone else???

What's odd is that the Greatest University in the world employs the most worthless ad of all time
Meximan
If Hyman replaced Oregon with Stanford, there's an outside possibility that it would mean an upgrade in opponent; and before you stone me, consider that if Stanford continues to recruit strong and win, and Oregon begins to flag (especially if they get hit with a recruiting sanction or two in the future), Stanford could be a top-5 opponent, whereas in that year Oregon could be just outside the top 5. Remember also that Oregon's still breaking in a new coach who doesn't have a long track record; CFB Matrix actually has him as a negative effect coach for his career-to-date, which is not promising for Oregon.

Bit of an outside shot, but it's possible. If it's a name program like Stanford or USCw, I'd be all for it, especially if they're top-3 programs at the time A&M plays 'em. From Looch's tweets, it sounds like the ADpt. is making a concerted effort to establish a west coast presence (Notre Dame excluded) and get at least one "name" program in the OOC slate, and not just a bottom-feeder from another conference.

Some of you Nancys need to get your panties untwisted.
Frok
AG
Oregon > Stanford
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Oregon > Stanford
72jag
AG
This is funny. Those million dollar suites and high price tickets are going to be great for our OOC schedule. Bring on SMU, Ball State, Lamar, etc.
Ag CPA
AG
Laughing at the fools with season tickets; our AD is hell-bent on making our home schedule a ****-show.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
TAMU '74 and U of O '77 here that have long been looking forward to the match-up between our two teams. Bummed out.
JeffHamilton82
Lol at people blaming Hyman. He doesn't make this decision. They just attach his name because it's protocol. If Sumlin wanted to play Oregon then Oregon would still be on the schedule.
SA-AG72
AG
Clemson
EKUAg
AG
quote:
Lol at people blaming Hyman. He doesn't make this decision. They just attach his name because it's protocol. If Sumlin wanted to play Oregon then Oregon would still be on the schedule.
It looks like the issue was home games and needing home games in 2018. Oregon didn't want to flip the schedule as it put them in the same situation. We would have ended up with 3 conf and 3 Non-con home games, only 6 home game.

People have gone ballistic on this board about years we only have seven. Can you imagine the explosion on Hyman later if we only had 6 home games in 2018? It would be equivalent to the explosion of Krakatoa.
EKUAg
AG
quote:
Laughing at the fools with season tickets; our AD is hell-bent on making our home schedule a ****-show.
Still saying that knowing he replace to Ducks with Clemson?
BeveledAg
quote:

I actually think this should be reversed. The zoo is happiest when everyone is unhappy.
TxAg76
AG
Nothing wrong w Clemson at all!
67walkon
Never understood why we would give exposure to a program who is down here buying players already. Funded by Nike. Clemson makes more sense.
Cibalo
we already had a home-and-home with Clemson not that long ago and with USCe being our East "rival" we already have to go there in 2018 and now it looks like we have to go there in 2019 as well.
Saint Arnold
AG
None of this would be an issue if it wasn't for that ******* Jerryworld deal causing the loss of a home game.
Sandman23
AG
quote:
quote:

He did this to save us some money as season ticket holders?????

Never said that. The point was season tickets are expensive. A season with 6 home games would result in a lot of alumni b****ing. Said b*****ing would be fairly valid.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Some of you just refuse to see the bigger picture:

The Arkie game messes things up. L$U should be good, Ole Miss will probably revert back to their mean, and KY will still probably be taking it rough. Realistically, we need a few cupcakes to balance out the SEC opponents we face and also keep us bowl eligible if the season blows up like this one.

More importantly, not a lot of people would have paid big $$$ for that home schedule.

Oregon can cry and leak to the media all they want. If the shoe were on the other foot, they would have done the same thing. The media always blows things up, then people forget the next day when a scandal hits.

Data

Current 2018 Schedule:

Home
-L$U
-Ole Miss
-Kentucky

Away
-Bama
-Auburn
-MSU
-SC

Neutral
-Arkie
BMX Bandit
There's no reason we could not have kept Oregon and added (example) UH, SFA & South Florida as home games.

Well, no reason other than costs. Would be interested to see difference in getting to Clemson v Eugene.
mrnegative
Who the hell would want Oregon to get exposure in Texas while we only get exposure to Oregon. South Carolina and it's neighboring states are still relatively untapped by us but have a lot more talent than Oregon.
mrnegative
Double post
MicheIangeIo
AG

Hymen >>>>>> Hyman
THEamc
AG
Whoa
aggies1960
What is all that grass for?
d78230
AG
Oregon would have been a flashy game but it would have benefitted them more than us. Clemson is solid and let's us access South Carolina where there is a ton of talented players.
BMX Bandit
Can someone explain the access it gives? I don't know all the recruiting rules.
Bernie13
Need that grass for Kyle!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.