Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Greetings from Arkansas

9,237 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by phatbeast
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i am curious how the OP was able to post on the internet from arkansas
OilFieldIRI
S
Only against Lamar.

Seriously though...

Total offense: piggies-33 Ags-2

Total defense: piggies-57 Ags-42

Rushing offense: piggies-6 Ags-38

Scoring offense: piggies-3 Ags-2

Scoring defense: piggies-55 Ags-8

bigboykin
AG
I'm not saying its a gimme, but I'm not seeing how this Arkansas D can stop us (or anyone). The two teams with a pulse that they've played scored avg of 36.5.

And their much-improved run defense let Auburn run for 3 bills at over 6ypc. This is the same Auburn that was held to 150 and around 4 ypc by K state.
SARATOGA
We've heard a couple of times this week that the weak link to Arkie is the secondary.

The weak link for South Carolina was their secondary too.

How did that work out ?
ColoAg95
AG
I just hope are kids are not listening to talking heads and focusing on football. A sloppy start could open the door to hogs controlling the clock and limiting how much offense we can produce. I think it will be much closer than predicted. Talent doesn't mean much if we are not together. If we roll through the first two series, them ags by 24. If we struggle and miscue, I say 3 point differential either way.

Either way, its delicious pork week at our house.
crag
AG
OP, we will hang 40 on you. Thus, if you believe your team can score 40 minimum on us, then you have a chance.

I don't think they can.

My only concern is turnovers. If we do not turn the ball over, game over man!
Aggielandma12
AG
Watching the Tech game and the piggies did not get to the QB very often. Kenny is going to pick them apart like pulled pork.
dgmarshall17
AG
I'm pretty sure Piggie started out 3-1 last season after non-con games...just like this season. The toughest team you've played is Tceh who struggled against UTEP and almost got upset by an FCS team.

Yes Arkansas looks improved on paper, but your 3 wins are against Nicholls State, Tceh, and Directional Illinois...you got blown out by Auburn in the second half. At this point in the season one can argue that Auburn is down from last season, especially after the game against Kansas State.

I think A&M wins this one by at least the spread.
GoneGirl
AG
hmmmmmm..... This thread got me to thinking.
I think I'll grill bacon wrapped shrimp for the game this weekend.
depriest1022
AG
quote:

Offensively I'm happy with where we are. Our O-line is legit and will likely produce a couple first rounders in a year or two. Skipper is a grown ass man at left tackle. Kirkland, Tretola, Ragnow and Smothers are big and nasty.

Skipper is also a dirty player that will get at least one personal foul this weekend. He won't like what Miles and Daeshon are going to do to him.
Tamu_mgm
AG
I like speaking in really short sentences.
HogsSmellGood
It can also be said that SCe is down this year!
They squeaked by A horrible Vandy last week.

The one thing the oddsmakers see that y'all don't is the play of Brandon Allen. 8 TD 1 INT.
61% completions. He is also more than willing to run if the opportunity is there.

We may come up short but it won't be the blow out so many here predict!
Tamu_mgm
AG
quote:
Was wondering about the Arkansas OL. It seems like in years past the Hogs had some real beasts up front. Those teams were hell to deal with. I
don't know where they get those guys from. Most folks like to focus on
the skill players, and I honestly haven't watched much of the Hogs this
year... But what you are describing it is sounding like some of the
Arkansas teams of the past. The ones I'm not looking forward to playing.

Bulldog - you must be referring to their glory days of the Petrino era. Except there is a big difference between Petrino and Bielema. Petrino was much more balanced and much more effective on offense against good opponents. Plus, he developed QBs much better.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
It can also be said that SCe is down this year!
They squeaked by A horrible Vandy last week.

The one thing the oddsmakers see that y'all don't is the play of Brandon Allen. 8 TD 1 INT.
61% completions. He is also more than willing to run if the opportunity is there.

- Vandy had TWO kickoff returns for TDs...and still lost by 2 touchdowns.
- Is 8 TDs and 1 INT that impressive? If he's forced into a position where the defense KNOWS he has to throw, I'm not worried.
- If A&M starts fast, like they did against USC, things could get ugly. A&M is most dangerous when playing ahead.
ADS12
The last time A&M heard a SEC defense weakest link was their secondary, Hill threw for over 500 yards and A&M put up 52 points.

But that's none of my business
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Kool-aid central up in here... damn
Agreed. We played awesome game 1, and **** since then. Hopefully Mastro and Mathews provide the spark.
ZEEB
AG
I'm in Crossett, Arkansas this week and it bops the big one

That said, Ags win 41-21
crag
AG
quote:

by blowout, do you mean cover? We didn't set the spread.

And I have not seen many folks predicting domination.
aggie_accountant
AG
Razorback,

Your comment about your secondary is the reason why I really don't think it will be all that close. Hill should be able to go up and down the field with a lot of WR's getting open for some long plays. Offensively, the Ags will be able to keep the pressure on, which is not a great recipe for a run first team.

I do think that you all are improved, but I think the Ags win by two TD's.
"Sports do not build character. They reveal it." -John Wooden
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
Agreed. We played awesome game 1, and **** since then.

Winning three games by a combined point total of 169-19 is playing like ****? Classic TexAgs.
HogsSmellGood
If y'all just cover the spread we will all be happy!! If our Hogs can keep it close we will have come a long, LONG way back! A&M has a very good team! Not great YET, but very good!
crowman2010
AG
quote:
If y'all just cover the spread we will all be happy!! If our Hogs can keep it close we will have come a long, LONG way back! A&M has a very good team! Not great YET, but very good!
Apparently....most people in the college football world disagree with you...
P.C. Principal
quote:
I'm pretty sure Piggie started out 3-1 last season after non-con games...just like this season. The toughest team you've played is Tceh who struggled against UTEP and almost got upset by an FCS team.

Yes Arkansas looks improved on paper, but your 3 wins are against Nicholls State, Tceh, and Directional Illinois...you got blown out by Auburn in the second half. At this point in the season one can argue that Auburn is down from last season, especially after the game against Kansas State.

I think A&M wins this one by at least the spread.
Arkansas is improved... That's pretty much settled. Doesn't matter if their opponents were weak- if you've watched them, it's pretty obvious this isn't the team from last year. Highly doubt they will upset us this weekend but I can see them giving some teams trouble this year.
HogsSmellGood
In that case there about 12 Great teams out there at the moment!
TexAgs91
AG
quote:
tl;dr

Someone from Arkansas wrote something that was too long for an Aggie to read? I guess we are becoming a football school.
beezman
AG
Hey piggie OP,
your heart says this and your brains says that. But your eyes don't read stats well especially when it comes to your comment regarding you teams sacking ability and Kenny Hill--- 8 sacks in 4 games not even in the NCAA division top 50 . Remember your playing a seasoned offensive line with a mobile quarterback. The only way your defense doesn't have a long day is if you can run a ball control time eating offense.
Reed10
AG
quote:
Kool-aid central up in here... damn

Says Bunny Ag...A&M, from what we've seen from both teams has shown way more than Arkansas.

Yes anything could happen, especially if A&M plays flat and with turnovers. If they play up to their level that they can, say as they did against SC, they will and should win by way more than the spread.

you do not need to drink kool-aid to think this.
spaceman
AG
"Op, your weaknesses should be your undoing."

Brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
snowdog90
Spaceman, wtf are you talking about?

There is nothing redundant in that statement.
msubulldogntx
Line down to -8 now.
phatbeast
AG
Looking forward to seeing Niederhofer and Dolezal getting some more reps in this weekend.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.