Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU Fans

9,746 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by MP24
mgreen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A drunk Lsu fan was behind us ragged on my son three seats down a bit. He finally got out of hand by half time and wanted to take a picture with my son and an Aggie fan two rows below us wearing a Manziel jersey and the Aggie fan said no thanks. Then the lsu fan reached down and kept tapping the Aggie on the shoulder for a picture until some shoving started. The LSU fans actually called the Sherriff over and they took him out. My son has pictures of the guy shooting us the bird. He was harmless, just drunk before he ever got to his seat. No problems otherwise.

[This message has been edited by mgreen (edited 11/24/2013 9:18a).]
maroon15
AG
LSU fans told us to enjoy Baton Rouge. Some shook our hands and told us the best spots to hit after the game. We heard "tiger bait" a lot and a "tiger bait b----" once. Some guy came up to us after the game at a bar repeatedly shouting "F--- Manziel!" But he was harmless. Overall, they were very welcoming. Although it is true, in recent times, we have not beat them and they send most of their hate towards Alabama. I think this will change in time. As a collective fan base, they seem to drink more than I'm used around Kyle which can be bad depending on how the game goes.
Southeastern Conference
AG
Walking to the tailgate, a 6 year old ran up to me and my wife and yelled your team sucks.

There were a few terrible fans in sec 422. One guy would leave his row and run up to us and point and yell after a LSU score.

Met some nice people, but that is my last trip to Baton Rouge.
Joan Wilder
AG
I think the weather and game time kept the fan base from getting as drunk and ugly as many of us experienced in the past. They were still drunk, but it was an absolute down pour for about an hour before the game, and there were a lot of empty seats. We went to Past times and the L club pre game and had no issues - but both were older crowds. Combine that with our dismal performance on the field and it took much of the hate out of the crowd.
biggolfboy
AG
Classless fans
SlygirlAg
AG
There were a few rude, drunk ones, making comments at us, especially after the game, but most fans we interacted with were helpful and friendly (and we sat in the end zone, surrounded by purple). Great food at the tailgates!

I will say I was disappointed in the crowd at the game...granted the weather wasn't stellar but I was surprised at the amount of empty seats around the stadium, and as the game went on past halftime, more and more LSU folks headed towards the exits. The other SEC games I have been to (Alabama last year, and Ole Miss this year) were both packed with fans the entire game...granted they were both closer games, but still...I remember the year we beat up RG3 at Kyle Field and I wanted to stay and enjoy every minute of the beat down...I guess LSU fans prefer tailgating to actually attending the game.

"All summer long she was a sweet Texas lady...then Aggie football started."
PeekingDuck
AG
They hate Alabama too much right now to care about anyone else. That'll change.
Win At Life
AG
The one's I met in their half-full stadium were nice.

I was more shocked at the POOR showing of their fans for playing a top 10 oponent in such a key game. Granted, the weather wasn't perfect, but come on.
Bunk Moreland
All the fans were great. From pre game to in stadium to post game to the bars all night. A lot of them talked to us while out Saturday night but the was all good football talk. A little good natured ribbing but that's what we get for laying an egg.

Only saw one coonass do something over the top and it was some drunk a hole walking by a couple in front of us on the way out and he just said some bull**** comment to them as he walked by.

Extremely hospitable and nothing over the top. Seen worse at every other road game I've been to, tbh.

Only embarrassing thing I truly saw all weekend was the team and coaching on our side

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 11/25/2013 7:40a).]
TMartin
It's so hard to be gracious respectful fans when you're kicking the crap out your opponent from start to finish. Nothing much left to do except get throwing up drunk and leave early.
wontastic
AG
quote:
As pointed out prior, the issue is not cursing during a sporting event. I don't know that I've ever been to an A&M game without cursing at some point.

However, we do not, as a fan base, rally together to tell the opposition to fellate us in a grotesque nature that is unbecoming of a university, and that I would be appalled to have my children witness.

Big difference in just cussing and thousands of people chanting something profane.
mike073
AG
Fans were pretty much OK, but the weather kept many of them from harassing us very much. Saw one tent that had about 10 Aggie Jokes printed on cardboard. Pretty funny stuff.

Nice view.

Gig 'em Aggies!

drewbie96
AG
I was with my wife and her family (all LSU alums) so I probably had a buffer, but everyone we came in contact with was very nice, even after the game, and the next day. Had several Tiger fans comment as to how great our fans were and how well we represented even being down by 24 points.

I did get a little ribbing a couple of times, but only once was someone a bit of an *******, but I called him out in front of all his fellow fans for leaving during the 3rd quarter, and he shut up.

The biggest difference I have noticed, and maybe it is just me personally, but tiger fans tend to cheer "at" the opposing fans, rather than just cheer for their team, whereas we cheer for the team on the field.

I hate to hear that many of you had a bad experience because overall I love the atmosphere on gameday in BR.
gambochaman
AG
amazing experience. i sat to the left of the LSU band near the student section and everyone around me was incredibly nice...talked to a lot of people about the game and we shared tidbits about each university.

A+ would visit again
BiggerAggieFan
I live here, so I deal with LSU fans all the time. I told you guys before the game that most of the reports about LSU fans were false.

The atmosphere the day of the game was amazing for it being cold and raining. LSU fans were still out in full force.

The attendance for the game was a little weak, but we weren't a top 10 opponent like some girl said. We were #12 in the bcs.

I noticed in my Aggie section that some Aggies skipped the game as well. The weather was horrendous.
Mr. Lahey
AG
it's football not church you nancies
coldmoose
I wasn't expecting most people to encounter really bad situations.

I did happen to be back there last year for a
family event during the fall when LSU did have
a conference home game. I didn't catch the game,
but was out and about and on campus the night
before. Mingled with a some folks in from
South Carolina at Mike Andersons.
Talked to a few folks the next day. They seemed
like they were treated well.

I personally didn't think that Baton Rouge was going to be as bad as some others believed. Unless you're Alabama. They hate Alabama.

Some of the things that probably did help with
people not being really inhospitable:

1) Game not being at night will take some of the
bite out of the crowd.
2) The rain probably did dampen things some.
3) A lot of people I know back there don't quite
know what to make of A&M yet, so the hate meter
may not be pegged the same.
4) Haven't beaten them yet.
M.C. Swag
AG
My 2 day Baton Rouge experience:

Friday:
Showed up at LSU campus around 4pm. Walked around campus and had dinner at a local bar/restaurant called "The Chimes." The food was good and the people were nice. Decent showing of A&M fans. We thought about hitting the bars friday night, but decided to head back to the hotel to get rested up for a long day of tailgating the next day. (Side note:I was wearing an A&M shirt the whole time and received no negative feedback.)

My only complaint from Friday: THE TRAFFIC. I don't know if it was because it was friday pre-game, but traffic was terrible all around campus. (But we didnt have anywhere to be, so it didn't bother me all that much.)

Saturday:
From our Friday experience, we figured traffic would be 10 times worse,and left REAL early. We were on campus, ready to tailgate by 8:30am.

This was my favorite part. Despite how awful the weather was, I must hand it to the LSU fans...they know how to make the most out of a bad situation. There was music, food, and all kinds of drinks. Saw one Tiger tent passing around a handle of Jim Bean and had effectiviely killed it before 10am. (It was impressive)

We were on the LSU Parade Grounds and there was a giant gathering of A&M fans. Next to us was an LSU fraternity tent and we had a blast with them. They played their music, we played ours. Both tents combined for beer pong and flip cup. Some ribbing went back and forth but it was all in good fun.

If nothing else, I will be back for the tailgating experience. (Hopefully under better weather conditions)

The game:
We all know how this went. *sad face*
As for the fan interaction: 0 bad interactions. Nothing outside of what you'd expect visiting another school. It was freezing by halftime, and the crowd was considerably affected.

All things considered...
Tailgating: A
Game atmosphere: N/A (Unfair to rate with the awful weather conditions)
Fan Interaction: A
dachsie
Am really glad to hear that most of you had a great time. Every fanbase has its a-holes but I am glad they are held to a minimum. I am kinda glad the games will be moved to Thanksgiving weekend so I can go when they are in BR. I live in CS so go back to LA for Thanksgiving so wont get to see the games here but will be able to at least go tailgate when they are in BR.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
For the most part yes, exception was the jack wagon hollering heil hitler and doing the german salute as we sang our fight song..what an asshat!
mike073
AG
Mike was happy to see all the Aggies who were there.

Gig 'em Aggies!

MP24
Did they smell like corn dogs?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.