Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Thought and Prayers Requested

27,197 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Gigem_94
Whaler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am praying for Luke and his family. Also, Thanks to WallyWonka and others for writing prayers for us to read and pray for Luke.
Whaler
AG
Deleted double post.
sharpdressedman
Please, dear God, bring healing to Luke and physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to him and to his family. We ask in the name of Jesus.
omc
IN JESUS NAME I PRAY FOR HEALING OVER LUKES BODY
sleepybeagle
AG
praying now
ABATTBQ11
AG
Luke was discharged from his latest round of chemo over the weekend. He's doing much better than he had been, but the cancer is still there. Luckily this round seems to have cleared evening but the original relapse site. The chemo means he's once again lost most of his hair, and his mom shaved off what little he had left after they got home.

Speaking of shaving, since Luke's diagnosis, his dad Jason has gotten pretty involved in fundraising for The St. Baldrick's Foundation. They're the largest private source of hugging for childhood cancer research, and they do a lot of good. Every year for the past several years, Jason has grown out his hair and beard future a few months and shaved it all off to help raise awareness and funds for this great organization.

I joined Jason's fundraising team 3 years ago and shaved a pretty nice beard I'd been growing out for a couple of years. With Luke's relapse last year, I decided a few months ago I'd like to help fundraise again this year. I've got a nice 5-6 month shadow going, and I'll be shaving it along with many others at a St. Baldrick's event at Alamo Beer Company in September.

If you'd like to help kids like Luke and donate, my page is here. Sharing on Facebook, Twitter, etc helps bring in donations and is very appreciated, as well as thoughts and prayers for like and his family. With your help, we can beat cancer for kids like Luke!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Luke passed away this morning. In recent months his cancer came back yet again, and after 10 years of fighting, there were finally no more options. He was placed on hospice and sent home last week.

Given his initial prognosis and many relapses, everyone knew this day was coming. That doesn't make it any easier, though. Please keep the Bacas in your thoughts and prayers.
The Agly Duckling
May God rest him.
Shoefly!
AG
Thoughts and Prayers for your family!
StinkyPinky
AG
RIP. May his soul rest in God's peace.
AG81
AG
Cancer sucks. The kid deserves a "here". So......

Here.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Here
HeyAbbott
AG
Here
davido
AG
Damn, a smooth decade. What a fighter. Here.
agtrevino07
AG
Here
Brutal Puffin
AG
Here.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Here!
He is now cancer free and celebrating with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! You will see him again! Prayers for you and the family as you grieve your loss.
fasthorse05
I was going to say something similar, but I'm happy for Luke.

It's those of us left behind with pain and anguish who suffer and long for him.

God Bless and keep the faith! There's no eloquence I can come up with to assuage your grief, just find peace.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Gigem_94
AG
I remember originally responding to this one 10 years ago because I had boys the same age. I can't imagine what he and his family have gone through over that time. Although he is free and with the Lord now, I can only imagine the loss his family is going through - my worst nightmare. I'm praying for them. And I pray that God will spare me from ever having to go through something like that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.