Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,714 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
atxaggie07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too soon man, too soon.
Texan76
quote:
Say what you will about the lack of symmetry or cohesion inside, but Populous and the engineering consultants should be embarrassed.

This is an awful, sloppy detail that looks like it came from a TxDOT highway interchange. I hope there's a metal cap that will go around the top of that post to conceal the pipe connection.

A ****ter Runs Through It
MaysGrad09
Red brick > tan brick

Has this been discussed?
74OA
AG
BFD. A little paint and it disappears. Half-a-billion-dollar upgrade that isn't even finished yet and this is what we're *****ing about? If so, Populous has apparently done a great job.
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:
BFD. A little paint and it disappears. Half-a-billion-dollar upgrade that isn't even finished yet and this is what we're *****ing about? If so, Populous has apparently done a great job.
Who is going to paint it? They took the scaffolding down.

I assume the penetration in the column does not affect it's structural integrity, right?
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
Who is going to paint it? They took the scaffolding down.

I assume the penetration in the column does not affect it's structural integrity, right?
Probably a painter... There's no need for scaffolds when you have boom lifts and scissor lifts.

There are inspections for this kind of thing. Holes in beams/columns don't make it through unless they're supposed to.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
quote:
Populous and the engineering consultants should be embarrassed.
Theyre not. This will probably be the crowning achievement of most of their careers. Youre being absurd.
chipotle
quote:
Half-a-billion-dollar upgrade that isn't even finished yet and this is what we're *****ing about?

Have you read the thread? There's a ton more stuff.
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
The pipe isn't the worst thing in the world, I blame the idiot who took a close up pic for drawing attention to it.
Haha. Aren't you the one to blame for the close-up pic that cannot be un-seen? I won't call you an idiot though. Thanks for all of the ongoing pics!
Jack Cheese
AG
quote:
quote:
The pipe isn't the worst thing in the world, I blame the idiot who took a close up pic for drawing attention to it.
Haha. Aren't you the one to blame for the close-up pic that cannot be un-seen? I won't call you an idiot though. Thanks for all of the ongoing pics!

Dude.
45-70Ag
AG
Watching the '95 a&m/tu game.

Kyle field looks incredibly different. Horseshoe and deware.

Not everyone is wearing maroon, no ribbon boards, AstroTurf and maroon numbers.
45-70Ag
AG
And that midfield logo, holy crap that was awful. If more people saw this they wouldn't complain about the bevel.

Horrible effort, looks like a botched 3d image
ABATTBQ11
AG
After looking at Scotch's pics, there's multiple pipes like that, and they're all the same. It's probably the only way those roof drains could get down without running along the columns since there isn't any kind of press box/stairs/elevator shaft to hide them with like the east side.

On a different note, it looks like a lot of the area in front of the west side has been graded and there seems to be some formwork going up for site concrete.
duffelpud
AG
I just drove by the west side and those drain pipes do look like an awkward afterthought - they definitely need painting or something.
agsalaska
AG
TEXAS AGGIES
spanky
AG
quote:
After looking at Scotch's pics, there's multiple pipes like that, and they're all the same. It's probably the only way those roof drains could get down without running along the columns since there isn't any kind of press box/stairs/elevator shaft to hide them with like the east side.

So why not run them into the column on the other side of the column at least? If they are hidden on the east side it is in the roof of the pressbox since the columns are exposed inside the pressbox.
sharpdressedman
quote:
It's pretty bad when even Fitch cannot explain or defend it.
He said in a respectful way that it disappointing.

He is a solid, responsible source for information on the build, and I appreciate his frequent participation here. I have not met him, but I sense he is sufficiently well-connected that he would be uncomfortable being highly critical of anything related to the stadium. I respect and accept that.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:

So why not run them into the column on the other side of the column at least? If they are hidden on the east side it is in the roof of the pressbox since the columns are exposed inside the pressbox.
The necessary hole might have been too big for that side of the column. There also might have been something already on that side of the column that prevented it. Could have to do with how the metal panels attach or something else.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
quote:

He is a solid, responsible source for information on the build, and I appreciate his frequent participation here. I have not met him, but I sense he is sufficiently well-connected that he would be uncomfortable being highly critical of anything related to the stadium. I respect and accept that.
Sharp- it wasn't meant as disrespectful toward Fitch. He has not just been a solid source of information but the best source in this thread. That's why it was surprising that even he sounded a little defeated by this particular design "flaw".
Swagmanag
This old army is a bit peeved! I wanted to use that money for build a new, enclosed 80K best in the world stadium. Instead we got plumbing from arkansas. Oh lordy, OI hope we fill it up!
chipotle
EVERYONE SHUT UP! THE DRAINAGE PIPE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
I just drove by Kyle Field and I didn't notice pipes because there's a half billion dollar stadium there to look at.

texags will always complain. Ignore those people as they will never be pleased.
The Collective
AG
I just want you to know that I greatly appreciate the work that you do.
SlackerAg
AG

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
From the website that brought you critiques such as "her boobs are too jiggly" and "a line in the logo is why we haven't won a championship", comes "the 1' section of visible pipe has ruined a $ half billion stadium"
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
West Point, there's ridiculous *****ing and there's legit *****ing. Tholas is absolutely right, that's some garbage work right there, looks like they made a mistake and aren't fixing it the right way.

If you haven't looked at scotch's pictures, do so.

I have looked at every album Scotchtx has ever posted about new Kyle...no one, repeat, NO ONE will give a **** about this irrelevant, silly uproar in about 4 weeks...

The worst thing that has happened in this thread is that a tea sip decided to pollute it by posting! That's worth getting upset about...a small elbow pipe WAAAAAAAY up is not!

/HTH
spanky
AG
Meh, website also pointed out the bad 12 empty seat plan, turf that got replaced, obstructed view seats in the zone club that got redone, SEZ bleachers that got moved up an inch to allow drainage, west side statue design that later got rejected by the university, etc. etc.

Pointing out obvious flaws doesn't mean somebody hates the whole project and wants to implode the whole thing.
AustinAgAnonymous
AG
Anyone know why there aren't 4 stars on the north face of the northwest activation tower? It looks like they're taking scaffolding down but haven't put the stars in between the arches yet.
SlackerAg
AG
The north Zone flagpoles/speakers/wi-fi still need to be added.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
Pardon the interruption
love that show
sharpdressedman
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sharp- it wasn't meant as disrespectful toward Fitch. He has not just been a solid source of information but the best source in this thread. That's why it was surprising that even he sounded a little defeated by this particular design "flaw".
I understand your point as not being disrespectful. We are good.
MarathonAg03
AG
quote:
quote:
Half-a-billion-dollar upgrade that isn't even finished yet and this is what we're *****ing about?

Have you read the thread? There's a ton more stuff.
But not really anything worth complaining about.

And I don't understand why any reasonably educated person would think that a half-billion dollar construction project, especially one that took place under these unique circumstances, would be flawless in every aspect.
BoxingAg84

McGibblets
AG
People are getting so worked up over a few drainage pipes. I bet 90% of the people complaining would have never noticed them if there wasnt a picture posted of them
Corps_Ag12
AG
If y'all like the outside, wait until you see the inside
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.