Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,765 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
Captain Augustus McCrae
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We can't afford two locker rooms?

I really think we'll regret either not building on west campus or starting from scratch in the current spot. For a half a billion dollar project this wasn't well thought out. It looks like a Frankenstein stadium.
Captain Augustus McCrae
quote:
What? Y'all don't like this look? Looks awesome... Said no one...

This is bush league.
Fitch
AG
Anyone saying that hasn't been to see it live. It looks and feels like a GD temple. I cannot wait for cool weather and the game day atmosphere.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I really think we'll regret either not building on west campus or starting from scratch in the current spot. For a half a billion dollar project this wasn't well thought out. It looks like a Frankenstein stadium.

and you're one of the biggest trolls on this board.
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Anyone saying that hasn't been to see it live. It looks and feels like a GD temple. I cannot wait for cool weather and the game day atmosphere.

I'VE SEEN IT AND THE WHOLE THING IS A DAMN EMBARRASSMENT! THE ENTIRE ADMINISTRATION SHOULD BE FIRED! HELL, LET'S JUST SHUT DOWN THE WHOLE DAMN UNIVERSITY SINCE THIS STADIUM IS SO CRAPPY!
NightHawk150
AG
Is it a black eye, Gibbs?
45-70Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Why would the stadium need to be adjacent to the Bright building or the practice fields?

Should they take a bus from the locker room?

Like Clemson.
aprihoda
AG
Pardon the interruption of the grouch-fest, but looks like goal posts are going up this afternoon.
45-70Ag
AG
If the stadium on one side sinks like it did last year, maybe the ribbon boards will line up.
Goose
AG
quote:
Amen, brother! And I haven't even seen it yet.
twk
AG
quote:
We can't afford two locker rooms?

It's not going to win any architectural awards, but I think it's going to serve us fine. I think they made the right choice on location, but I was in favor of playing a year away, which would have given us more flexibility. Still, I think Sharp's fixation with having the largest capacity played as big of a role in the design issues as time constraints.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

This is bush league.

SEC, actually!
rally-cap
AG

Goal posts are up!
chipotle
quote:

Goal posts are up!

I think one post is higher than the other. This is some BULL. S**T!!!!
Aggie@state.gov
AG
The people who selected those seats wouldn't exactly have been high in priority points. I can't remember when those sold it, but I think it was just before I picked (and I'm no BMA). The folks who selected those would have been buying them for reasons other than having a good view of the action--maybe armchair seating was important, or access to the concessions (they will be serving alcohol down behind first deck), or minimizing the climb to their seats. It's not like these seats were forced on unwilling buyers.

I'll lay it out there - I am one of the ones who has seats in 113. Back in Phase 1, I was one of those that was willing to spend the money to get into first deck, but didn't have the PP to do so. So when my turn came around, I could only get into NEZ/SEZ bench on the third deck. Then Phase 2 happens, there were seats in 113 available (and only in 113 left) so I jumped on them, paid the money, now I am only going to get more PP and seniority from there for improving my first deck seats in future years. Are they the crappiest seats in the West side? Probably yes. But I'll move in future years and they will get better. I"m not stuck there for life, probably only 1-2 years.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
At least 113 is angled, those seats of the zone extension look directly across the end zone to the other side of the stadium.

Th best footbal stadiums only have seats parallel to the field maybe between the 20s then start angling all seats toward the 50. Some stadiums, UGA and Bama in particular, all seats not directly behind the EZ are angles toward the 50. But all it means is you don't have to turn your head a little bit.

You symmetry needs should at least be happy the west sideline seats are straight. To do it right they may have curved it out.

I don think it's weird, not bad or terrible or a black eye, that the west decks weren't built to line up with the south EZ not just for ribbon board purposes but just for visual continuity, surely they could have sacrificed a few bench rows on top of the 3rd deck.

But what do I know. IMHO we should have built a south EZ like Clemson has but with a club and more suites, all armchair, all access to club, all premium seating to make up for the lost revenue.
Al Bula
AG
There is A LOT of butthurt going around when people disagree that Kyle Field isn't absolutely virgin-pristine.

I'll admit that the field with grass and seats being added has made it look better.

It does NOT look like a temple. It looks like a football stadium that was was quickly upgraded.

I'm sure it will look better once lots of people fill it up, but the blind hate for all differing opinions is comical.

From the odd redesign (which was rushed and forced due to head-in-sand townies), to the championship columns outside the north Zone to the needless EKG statue to the odd yell leader statue to the 12th Man swaying zombies... some really strange decision making went into spending half a billion dollars.
jeepdriver54
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Known in advance or not, it's an abomination to a supposed "state of the art" venue.

So what sort of nickname should we have for Section 113 anyway. The Pit? The Founders Half-Suite?
Well, Mr. Architect, how would you have solved the transition on that corner? Do you think the folks at Populous are just stupid, or where they working within certain constraints?
I believe there's always a better solution given any budget portioned for construction. However, there's always a point for any architect (especially a large firm) that a problem inconveniences their profit and someone yells "pencils down" or "wrap this up". The piling of these "quirks" seems to support my theory.
Pencils?
CrottyKid
AG
You can really understand how close the stadium is to the field now.
74OA
AG
quote:
There is A LOT of butthurt going around when people disagree that Kyle Field isn't absolutely virgin-pristine.

I'll admit that the field with grass and seats being added has made it look better.

It does NOT look like a temple. It looks like a football stadium that was was quickly upgraded.

I'm sure it will look better once lots of people fill it up, but the blind hate for all differing opinions is comical.

From the odd redesign (which was rushed and forced due to head-in-sand townies), to the championship columns outside the north Zone to the needless EKG statue to the odd yell leader statue to the 12th Man swaying zombies... some really strange decision making went into spending half a billion dollars.
You're right, new Kyle's stands are a visual kluge when empty--looks like four separate stadiums yanked together--designed primarily on the west side to accommodate three levels of high revenue suites. You're also right that when full on gameday, the disconnects will be essentially unnoticeable and the overall renovation--inside and outside and the interior--makes Kyle into a world-class venue. If we can agree on that, perhaps we can also agree that the money was well spent if the best you can do is fault some of the artwork that constitutes a minute portion of the expense and effort. You can't please everyone....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will there really be no ribbon board on the alumni side?
ToxicAG
With the goal posts going up, I am getting a little worried that the gravel track may be permanent. Does anyone know what they are going to do (ie turf).
Fitch
AG
quote:

It is a temple to college football and Texas-sized Aggie pride.

The only folks complaining about any of those things mentioned are here on TexAgs. All I see when I pass those statues are people stopping to take pictures.

Fitch
AG
There's ribbon board above the first deck. Hasn't been turned on yet.
ToxicAG
The concrete curb around that field is also strange. I can see a player diving out of bounds and landing on the curb since it is VERY close to the field.
rally-cap
AG
quote:
With the goal posts going up, I am getting a little worried that the gravel track may be permanent. Does anyone know what they are going to do (ie turf).
It was posted on Premium a few days ago that it will be a rubberized track material of some sort, not grass or turf...
Fitch
AG
There's been a concrete edge there for years. It's well outside of the actual playing field. What's grass right now is larger than what will be the painted boundaries.
duffelpud
AG

These kids are really sorry the stadium doesn't please everyone.
45-70Ag
AG
A temple? Lol, that's stupid.

Look I like the way it looks, full or not but it's still a football stadium

Can't wait to watch a game there.
ordRV80
AG
Ribbon board - don't care, don't like it anyway
Quirky, mismatching sections - yes! Thank God. Aggies are different than others. Our stadium should be too!
Section 113 - Stand, turn 45 degrees to right, yell
Sept 12th, 6pm - CAN NOT WAIT !!
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
Goose
AG
quote:
A temple? Lol, that's stupid.

Look I like the way it looks, full or not but it's still a football stadium

Can't wait to watch a game there.
AgDotCom
quote:
It was posted on Premium a few days ago that it will be a rubberized track material of some sort, not grass or turf...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hedges? We do need stinkin hedges.
AMW2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I've had hardly any negative things to say about New Kyle, but that's bad.
Maybe it will look better when everything is ON! Maybe the WELCOME TO... sign will sparkle like the Eiffel Tower so EVERYONE will see it!!

When everything is on it will look worse cause then everyone will see they don't line up because rich folks
Scotch
AG
A few days ago I took some pics:

Kyle Field 8/2/2015
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.