Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,685 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
John Galt Sr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
http://imgur.com/WN6Ynms

It looks like they are preparing to open this pathway to get back to the original 12th Man Foundation office entry as well as the new Letterman's Lounge entrance.
Thanks for posting a picture...

If anybody has anymore pictures of the new zone plaza area please post them for those of us who won't get back to campus for a few months.
Fitch
AG
Look at that all exposed steel! Oh wait.

I just keep imagining a pond with a fountain back behind this beautiful ring plaza, the lights of the stadium reflecting across. It would be an iconic feature for campus. Needs to happen.

It's just crazy how much of a presence the new stadium has when you drive around. Like a mountain it just dominates the horizon when you round a corner and have a sight line.

Panorama that sort of messed up...

For those that want to complain about the indoor facilities facade, have at it.

The new west campus apartments:

The new vet school is well under way (and this is only about half, the other building is larger!)

Just a couple extras for the out of state folks that check this thread. Nothing like a Texas sunset on the highway home. Gig'Em

John Galt Sr
AG
Thanks Fitch, great job as usual.
kirst16
AG
Rookies can't post pictures...
GrapevineAg
AG
Nice work. Love this one in particular:

Fitch
AG
Here's a comparison to 8/19/2013.

MrPlow2010
AG
Thanks for the pics
spanky
AG
I have heard a few folks making a push to put some kind of center court marker for G Rollie in the plaza...I say go with a hoop tree:

The Collective
AG
I'm a bit aroused right now.
BuenAg
Are the lights under the east press box new since last year? Are they there to provide lighting for the seating on the east third deck?

http://i.imgur.com/6TSCULb.jpg
jeepdriver54
AG

• Thanks for the pictures!
Expert Analysis
AG
quote:
Nice work. Love this one in particular:

yeah that pic is amazing. It looks like the artist renderings of the stadium.
Fitch
AG
Pretty close I'd say.

Moe 92
AG
quote:
Pretty close I'd say.

No bevels on the shirts! NSIAP
duffelpud
AG

What's going on down in the bottom left corner - Skittles?
Counterpoint
AG
Great work Fitch! What lens/settings/camera do you use for those night shots?

Fitch
AG
Nikon D80 with a standard f/1.4 50mm. I'd have to lookup the settings. Shot freehand so could be better.
Counterpoint
AG
Thanks. It's beautiful!
RINO Safari
AG

quote:
Are the lights under the east press box new since last year? Are they there to provide lighting for the seating on the east third deck?
Those were already there last year. I suppose they're there to provide lighting for the people sitting directly under the canopy.
MarathonAg03
AG
Thanks!
MarathonAg03
AG
In viewing the construction cam, I noticed two things about the seat installation on the west lower deck. First, it appears that, so far, the seats are being installed on every other row. Second, it appears that it has been several days since any seats are installed.

I'm certain that there's a perfectly good explanation for both, so I'm curious if any of you construction types have any insight.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looking good. Looking real damn good.

Great pictures.
locogringo
AG
quote:
In viewing the construction cam, I noticed two things about the seat installation on the west lower deck. First, it appears that, so far, the seats are being installed on every other row. Second, it appears that it has been several days since any seats are installed.

I'm certain that there's a perfectly good explanation for both, so I'm curious if any of you construction types have any insight.

Thanks in advance.
Loco the engineer's answer: I would bet that it is a pain in the azz to install those seats, even more of a pain when the rows immediately below and above are installed already, so if you install every other row first, you can do half the rows without the added pain.

Loco the TexAgs user's answer: That's not every other row, that's just the new leg room in new Kyle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's a side-by-side.

rally-cap
AG
Seems like the South Zone has gotten a little work this off-season as well

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/7/6/8900927/kyle-field-sandstorm-texas-a-m-sway
torrid
AG
quote:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/7/6/8900927/kyle-field-sandstorm-texas-a-m-sway
Two thoughts

One, best I can tell "Sandstorm" is some electronica dance song from a Finnish DJ named Darude. Has College Station really changed that much?

Two, did they install a tuned-mass damper in the new press box to keep it from swaying during the "Aggie War Hymn"? Or has that been replaced by "Sandstorm"?
spanky
AG
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts

One, best I can tell "Sandstorm" is some electronica dance song from a Finnish DJ named Darude. Has College Station really changed that much?

Two, did they install a tuned-mass damper in the new press box to keep it from swaying during the "Aggie War Hymn"? Or has that been replaced by "Sandstorm"?

This can't be serious
rally-cap
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts

This can't be serious
Another article -

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Kyle-Field-reinforcements-swaying-Aggies-concerns-6366773.php?t=8418125ca2b087cae0&cmpid=twitter-premium
duffelpud
AG
Today at lunch...

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts

This can't be serious

No ****...

Who the hell doesn't know Sandstorm?
AG @ HEART
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Two thoughts

This can't be serious

No ****...

Who the hell doesn't know Sandstorm?

Hello? The year 2000 called.
AMW2010
AG
Cams down... Real work must be going on...
JustisWalkert
AG
If they ever showed real work being done it would be the first time. The only thing the live cams are good for is checking progress.
rally-cap
AG
quote:
Cams down... Real work must be going on...
Working for me...
Tripacer
They are back up
First Page Last Page
Page 119 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.