Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,760 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
It absolutely blows my mind how much everyone complains. Everyone complained that old Kyle was outdated and smelled like bat crap, and we need a new stadium, ours isn't big enough. Now we completely renovate the stadium, and oh it looks like crap, oh it's not symmetrical, wah wah wah. I guarantee we could've spent $1 billion on it and had gold toilets and unicorns to fart on our hands as blow dryers and people would still complain. The stadium is absolutely beautiful, and will be one of, if not the nicest stadiums in the country. So quit your whining and appreciate the great new, but still old and full of tradition, stadium we have now.
Post removed:
by user
Drake aTm
AG
"Hate barn" was and still is the worst nickname for a stadium. Helps with the hillbilly stereotype too.
sharpdressedman
quote:
quote:
The stadium looks piecemealed.
Well, it is.
Agree. However, local economics forced the re-development of KF vs. building new. Moreover, they did he best they could. We are lucky to have such a nice facility; learn to appreciate the improvements.
John Galt Sr
AG
I keep checking back here for pictures and all I find is the same old discussions about symmetry, what is an activation tower, were are the TV cameras going to located, etc.

Would really like to see some pictures of the new north zone and plaza area, even the NW Activation tower since those areas are out of the construction cams range. Thanks in advance for those that take the time to take and post photos.
Citizen Reign
quote:
I really dislike how much they have tried to segregate the rich from the rest of us! And because of that it makes the stadium look like ****!
LOL! I've got five bucks you can barrow.
Citizen Reign
quote:
quote:
I'm sure the new stadium looks like crap compared to your apartment

I'd still put Bryant-Denny and DKR a notch ahead
you do realize that DKR looks far more "piecemealed" than Kyle, right? From the Alum side it looks like you should be watching tennis. It's an ugly squarish POS on the inside.
Sex Panther
AG
DKR is a very nice stadium
Citizen Reign
I should clarify.

It's the shape of the interior that makes me call it a POS. The exterior and finish out on DKR is plenty nice.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
Deal with the stadium and the way it looks because you, your progeny and your progeny's progeny will be long dead before any significant changes takes place at 'ol Kyle again!
tbirdspur2010
AG
I think the ol' gal's final form is damn sexy, tbh.
mpaggie06
AG
quote:
It absolutely blows my mind how much everyone complains. Everyone complained that old Kyle was outdated and smelled like bat crap, and we need a new stadium, ours isn't big enough. Now we completely renovate the stadium, and oh it looks like crap, oh it's not symmetrical, wah wah wah. I guarantee we could've spent $1 billion on it and had gold toilets and people would still complain. The stadium is absolutely beautiful, and will be one of, if not the nicest stadiums in the country. So quit your whining and appreciate the great new, but still old and full of tradition, stadium we have now.

What's a "fitn" txaggie? What are you fitn to do, brah?
txyaloo
AG
quote:
quote:
I really dislike how much they have tried to segregate the rich from the rest of us! And because of that it makes the stadium look like ****!
Do you have a wheel barrow he can borrow to cart the cash?
AMW2010
AG
What's the interest rate on that loan?
RINO Safari
AG
CrottyKid
AG
quote:
quote:

Nah. Use it to buy a pocket dictionary.
The Collective
AG
quote:

I think so too, but it is piecemealed. Of course, most large college football stadiums are.
Post removed:
by user
spanky
AG
Alamo Dome and Orange Bowl? GTFO

Even old Georgia Dome is better than those turds
GrapevineAg
AG
Indoor football sux. Anything with a roof needs to be removed from that list.
John Galt 04
AG
quote:
I've been to a lot of stadiums in my life and have pretty much seen it all. Out of those 7 stadiums I'd rank them :
1.) AT&T Stadium
2.) Bryant - Denny
3.) Reliant Stadium
4.) DKR
5.) Kyle Field
6.) Alamo Dome
7.) Orange Bowl

I have been to several games at DKR... Even sat in a luxury box at one game. It might have been head and shoulders above old Kyle, but DKR is not even in the same discussion as renovated Kyle Field.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
I've been to a lot of stadiums in my life and have pretty much seen it all. Out of those 7 stadiums I'd rank them :
1.) AT&T Stadium
2.) Bryant - Denny
3.) Reliant Stadium
4.) DKR
5.) Kyle Field
6.) Alamo Dome
7.) Orange Bowl

1. It's very pretty, but a truly awful place to watch football. Especially college football.
2. Yes, no argument.
3. Again, NRG is a nice place, but not for college football.
4. The only thing I like about DKR is that you can easily move down to better seats as the game progresses.
5. Five seems about right for the old stadium. Piecemealed or not, the new stadium is going to be an awesome place to witness CFB. The interior look has grown on me, and I think none of it will matter when it is packed with 102,512.
6. Seriously?
7. C'mon man! Do you really mean the old Orange Bowl? I can only guess that this is number 7 because you have only been to 7 stadiums.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I like character in a CFB stadium (Orange Bowl does have some of that), and atmosphere is huge (This is likely the number 1 reason I dislike DKR so much). New Kyle will have plenty of both.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
1.) AT&T Stadium
2.) Bryant - Denny
3.) Reliant Stadium
4.) DKR
5.) Kyle Field
6.) Alamo Dome
7.) Orange Bowl

List invalidated
jeepdriver54
AG
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!
CWSaggie13
AG
http://imgur.com/WN6Ynms

It looks like they are preparing to open this pathway to get back to the original 12th Man Foundation office entry as well as the new Letterman's Lounge entrance.
tbirdspur2010
AG
I like the Alamodome.
Motel California
S
Alamo dome = loudest sporting event I've ever been too in my life and its not even close.

My ears literally hurt for 30 mins after that game

***Ags vs Army in 06***
McGibblets
AG
Wrong thread
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Alamo dome = loudest sporting event I've ever been too in my life and its not even close.

***Ags vs Army in 06***
My fish year. Was awesome to march in through downtown SA, too.

That place went berserk during the goal line stand. Have heard few dins like it. Incredible.
Complete Idiot
Alamodome is an abomination.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Alamodome is an abomination.
Your face is an abomination.

Your face, I said.
Helms96
AG
How far out are we from getting grass?
Firearms and LTC Instructor
12thGun.com
Jarhead
CO of P-2 Class of ‘96
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:
...FOR ME TO POOP ON!
Hammerbrau
AG
quote:

***Ags vs Army in 06***
You need to get to more sporting events...
torrid
AG
quote:
How far out are we from getting grass?
I found a new article a few weeks ago (Austin paper, ironically) that said they playing surface would be going in July 1st. And yes, I know it is July 2nd that the construction cams still show dirt.
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.