Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,743 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
evan_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The thing that sucked about east side is that the lacked enough entry points to the stands. If you every showed up 15 minutes before a kicked off, you'd usually be standing in a massive line attempting to make your way in.

I don't understand why they didn't fix that. You can see on the west side there are more tunnels for better flow.
Fitch
AG
The issue with the old east side was the stairs on the backside of first deck would bottleneck. The access to that seating area is now at the same level as the concourse, so are you saying that it still backed up pretty bad last year?

They actually took out half the aisles in the lower north zone seating area. There's some fairly upset people about that decision since you have to climb over 20 people to get to an aisle now versus 10 before.
evan_aggie
AG
Actually..my memory failed me. ..it was better last yr, but after 2013 i made sure to never to get to a game less than 45 min before kick...so it is hard to say.
atxaggie07
AG
How about you show up a little earlier than 15 minutes before kickoff?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Anyone know what that pipe that's being laid across the field is for? The drainage that was installed last year is still there, along with (I presume) the sprinkler system.
twk
AG
quote:
Anyone know what that pipe that's being laid across the field is for? The drainage that was installed last year is still there, along with (I presume) the sprinkler system.
Last year's drainage system was temporary. I would assume that those cranes would have busted anything left to bits and pieces.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Was that ever confirmed or just message board determination? On December 2nd they began placing a thick bed of base material over the field for the contractor to work on and the cranes never moved anywhere off of the boards. This year the cranes stayed and crawled around on board mats. Last year they were only on mats when they were set for lifting. It looked like they dug all of that temporary fill out and trucked it off last week.
torrid
AG
Well, whatever drainage is there now looks to be getting a fairly good test.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
It's.... It's beautiful!
My God, it's full of stars.
BoxingAg84

Frok
AG
Lookin' good
Kramer
AG
With the stands moved in, does anyone know if it would be possible to hold a major soccer event on Kyle Field? I remember when Houston was vying for the Olympics there was talk of using A&M as an important venue for several sports.
duffelpud
AG
quote:
would be possible to hold a major soccer event on Kyle Field

Fitch
AG
quote:
With the stands moved in, does anyone know if it would be possible to hold a major soccer event on Kyle Field? I remember when Houston was vying for the Olympics there was talk of using A&M as an important venue for several sports.

Field is probably long enough but would need another 20-30 yards across the width.
spanky
AG
Why don't we just get one of the futbol stadiums Qatar is giving away?
m_d_blake
AG
quote:
quote:

Field is probably long enough but would need another 20-30 yards across the width.

An NCAA football field is 53.33 yards wide. Regulation soccer fields have a huge range of sizes, but international match rules state the width has to be between 70 yards and 82 yards. So, you'd probably need 10-12 yards between each sideline and the wall to account for the extra width and the team areas. Doing some MS Paint level calcs from a pic from 2014, there was 9.5 ish yards between the wall and the field on the closest side. If that's the smallest margin, then I'd say it's doable, but just barely.
chipotle
quote:
major soccer event on Kyle Field

Fitch
AG
Y'all are saying that you wouldn't want to host an Olympic or world cup event, given the opportunity? In the hypothetical that there's a realistic chance of that happening.
AMW2010
AG
So the zone doesn't connect at the nw side like it does on the ne side?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
So the zone doesn't connect at the nw side like it does on the ne side?

Of course not. Then it wouldn't be piecemealed and asymmetric.
AMW2010
AG
I really dislike how much they have tried to segregate the rich from the rest of us! And because of that it makes the stadium look like ****!
twk
AG
quote:
I really dislike how much they have tried to segregate the rich from the rest of us! And because of that it makes the stadium look like ****!
Club suites and seats are paying the largest part of this project. Without those premium seats, they wouldn't have had the money to build the stadium large enough to have any cheap seats.
Frok
AG
They don't want us poors walking on their side. I have a feeling new West Side will be even quieter than before.
torrid
AG
quote:
Club suites and seats are paying the largest part of this project. Without those premium seats, they wouldn't have had the money to build the stadium large enough to have any cheap seats.
True, but exactly how much are the "cheap seats"?
Fitch
AG
There's two continuous concourses around the stadium, including the west side. I'm not sure you've ever been able to get in the club areas if you don't have a ticket...sort of against league rules on alcohol.
BoxingAg84
DrummerBoy00
AG
Como se dice "loud"?
Fade from 2013 to 2015 with the 2014 field 'shopped in
Shows the shift and lowering of the field.

A couple of others I made the other day:

St Hedwig Aggie
AG
DrummerBoy; SOLID work!!!
AMW2010
AG
Stole my idea!! I was gonna do so etching like this themed to the song see you again! Ha
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Como se dice "loud"?
Fade from 2013 to 2015 with the 2014 field 'shopped in
Shows the shift and lowering of the field.

A couple of others I made the other day:

This is badass!
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
Where is the new pressbox?
rally-cap
AG
quote:
Where is the new pressbox?
In the canopy above the student section. The only thing left on the West side is the tv broadcast booth, which is the cutback on the edge of the second or third deck, don't remember which.
spanky
AG
On the east side
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was the press up there last season?
First Page Last Page
Page 116 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.