Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,653 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
RINO Safari
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Isn't that the whole point, though? To put a promotion in a place where it won't be washed away? Some of these events are being promoted a month in advance. It would suck to have to come and redo it every 2 days. Using chalk on a covered surface is the perfect combination of permanent and temporary. And regarding the art, I'd be fine with it staying there for a while because it looks awesome. Especially the robot.

Also, blue star to the WCL and Wehner idea.
kirst16
AG
Oh those were great pictures! Just noticing the conversation has gone a little off topic. I see new posts to this thread and expect pictures or discussions regarding posted pictures.
Scotch
AG
From Wednesday night:

AMF 2 AMC
AG
Muchas gracias Scotch!
sarancher
AG
Looking great.
class12of
AG
Eleven columns hold up the canopy on the west side....

Surprised they didn't try to make it 12 for symbolism and make money off it somehow.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Isn't that the whole point, though? To put a promotion in a place where it won't be washed away? Some of these events are being promoted a month in advance. It would suck to have to come and redo it every 2 days. Using chalk on a covered surface is the perfect combination of permanent and temporary. And regarding the art, I'd be fine with it staying there for a while because it looks awesome. Especially the robot.

Also, blue star to the WCL and Wehner idea.

If they want to put up a promotion, maybe they should fork over some money for the advertising space and removal or put it on their own damn property. It may just take a little pressure washing, but if everyone does this it adds up over a year. Imagine if someone could spend 3 hours fixing something on campus instead of pressure washing some stupid ads...
AGAZ03
AG
Totally disagree.

They should start by pressure washing that crap off then continue with het rest if the main and west campus buildings.

The whole damn campus needs a washing.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Surprised they didn't try to make it 12 for symbolism and make money off it somehow.

We are the 12th column showing that we metaphorically support the team.

Regents you've done it again...
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:

We are the 12th column showing that we metaphorically support the team.

Regents you've done it again...

Pretty sure the zoo is the fifth column...
Kramer
AG
Looks like they're just about ready to start laying turf.

I find the inclusion of first deck access portals very odd. No other side has them. Second deck doesn't have them. They would seem to take up large amounts of very expensive seats.
twk
AG
quote:
Looks like they're just about ready to start laying turf.

I find the inclusion of first deck access portals very odd. No other side has them. Second deck doesn't have them. They would seem to take up large amounts of very expensive seats.
Those seats aren't nearly as expensive as the suites they would displace if you had them share the concourse with the suite level.
agz win
AG
Agree the first deck portals are a distraction - just too many. They could have limited the numbers some and still had adequate access. I am elated with the overall build but I see a few areas of wasted space on the West side they could have used to add more seats.
95_Aggie
AG
Can't mix the riff raff with the royalty
torrid
AG
quote:
Can't mix the riff raff with the royalty

Granted it seems more Austin than College Station to me, but those ponying up the big bucks for the fancy suites are helping to foot the bill for the stadium.
Kramer
AG
But 11 portals? The entire 3rd deck has 7.
MagnumLoad
Are those welds (field welds maybe?) I see on the close up of the cluster column? If so, it is strange that they have not been cleaned up and painted.
The Collective
AG
quote:
But 11 portals? The entire 3rd deck has 7.

But there are more sections in the lower deck.
Kramer
AG
And your point is???

There's more people in the 3rd deck and evidently they will be expected to walk to their seats.
The Collective
AG
They are nicer seats with smaller sections, shorter rows, etc. That's my point. It was planned that way for a reason. You still provide access portals for each section break.
Complete Idiot
I have a question about west upper deck - in seating charts each section 401 through 408 looks identical in width. When looking at the construction cams, and assuming the divider between each section lines up with the portals, it looks like sections 402 and 407 are wider than the others.

What am I missing (besides a chromosome)?
rcb05
AG
Via @tamuequipment on Twitter.

tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

chipotle
quote:

Omg the asymmetry!
twk
AG
quote:
I have a question about west upper deck - in seating charts each section 401 through 408 looks identical in width. When looking at the construction cams, and assuming the divider between each section lines up with the portals, it looks like sections 402 and 407 are wider than the others.

What am I missing (besides a chromosome)?
You're not missing anything. In actuality, they are wider--much wider--than the Prime West Bench sections. That's one reason for the price difference (contribution is about half for West Bench compared to Prime West Bench).
William Munny
Have we discussed rainwater runoff from the West side canopy yet and how it might affect the rich people
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
They are nicer seats with smaller sections, shorter rows, etc. That's my point. It was planned that way for a reason. You still provide access portals for each section break.

Plus, I would suspect that older Ags with mobility issues are more inclined to buy 1st deck seats and with said mobility issues need shorter rows.
Fitch
AG
quote:
Have we discussed rainwater runoff from the West side canopy yet and how it might affect the rich people

Don't worry, there's a gutter and drain built in. The wealthy will be dry in the rain and the built in canopy heat lamps will keep them warm in the November chills.
Kramer
AG
I guess the older Ags on 2nd and 3rd decks are just SOL.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
Those olds ain't royal....
Tobias Funke
AG
It's.... It's beautiful!
Citizen Reign
quote:
Old and 2%ers
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Omg the asymmetry!

I know and it is absolutely stunning and beautiful!!!
McGibblets
AG
Wrong thread
JustisWalkert
AG
Why is the west exterior camera not working? I don't touch myself at night.
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.