Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,692 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
muse1116
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think it's just because of the way they designed it. You have some suites on the east side that are in between the first and second deck but on the west side, the suites between the first and second decks are (I believe) the Founders suites I think and they get their own personal lobby/common area outside of their suites. Idk, I could be wrong, but when if you watch the official renovation video, it gives you all the details on the renovated west side. So I guess they didn't want the peons to cross through the founders' suite area and then enter the west first deck from the top of the first level (like it is designed on the east side) which is why they put separate first deck entires in the middle of the deck instead of having people enter from the top of the first deck.
kirst16
AG
There are already trees planted on the eastern side of the north zone. Along the perimeter close to Joe Routt. I believe there were 4 or 5 planted. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow.

Also they've poured quite a bit of concrete right next to the stadium on that eastern side.
torrid
AG
Not that I could afford it, or that there are any available, but what did the founders' suites go for?
TexAgBolter
AG
Are they replacing the north upper armchairs like the lower, or are they going to remain grey?
JJxvi
AG
The East side concourse has always been level with the top of the east lower stands and there is space below it for things like the visiting locker room, etc.

The West side lower concourse has always been on ground level, and remains so, likely to maximize the number of levels, allow separation between club/ founders club, etc.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Are they replacing the north upper armchairs like the lower, or are they going to remain grey?

All seats will be maroon
The Collective
AG
quote:
The East side concourse has always been level with the top of the east lower stands and there is space below it for things like the visiting locker room, etc.

Huh? The east side concourse used to be on the ground level, didn't it?
Fitch
AG
No. It was always elevated. But you did have to take stairs to get to the top of the seating area.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
quote:
quote:

Huh? The east side concourse used to be on the ground level, didn't it?

Not completely. It wasn't at the top of the first deck as you had to go up a flight of stairs. But it also wasn't on ground level as part of the old Reed building went under there. There was a shooting range at dirt level under the first deck for PE classes
The Collective
AG
That's right. Amazing how quickly one can forget what it used to be like.
Whitehouse Ag
AG
Looks like Scotch got some new pics yesterday:

New Scotch pics
95_Aggie
AG
So how long before people start using real paint when tagging the underground passageway?
John Galt Sr
AG
Thanks for the pics!
Its too bad people have to deface things. Glad it looks like its chalk instead of paint. Go express yourself on your own home or personal property not on public spaces.
One Tooth Man
Thanks Muse, JJ, CJS, and Emilio.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Thanks for the pics!
Its too bad people have to deface things. Glad it looks like its chalk instead of paint. Go express yourself on your own home or personal property not on public spaces.
Touche! In the case of that apartment complex, I'd send them the bill for pressure washing. The wall of a building or structure that you don't own is not your personal billboard. Sidewalks are one thing, but generally that is only used by campus groups and foot traffic causes it to disappear in a day or two. The wall of a structure that is protected from the weather, they selected that location so it would stay until someone washes it off.

Ok. Rant over
locogringo
AG
quote:
quote:
Touche! In the case of that apartment complex, I'd send them the bill for pressure washing.

This would be awesome seeing as how those apartment complexes do everything they can to rip off 90% of the tenants,. Hated those places.
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Touche! In the case of that apartment complex, I'd send them the bill for pressure washing.

This would be awesome seeing as how those apartment complexes do everything they can to rip off 90% of the tenants,. Hated those places.

They should have the manager arrested by UPD for vandalism...
Scotch
AG
The Zoo doesn't let me down. Those 2* (fatherless children) didn't even mention the graffiti, while you guys have already got the pitchforks out. I totally agree the ad for the apartment complex is out of bounds, chalk or not.
GrapevineAg
AG
Can anybody answer the question "where is the taco emoji?"
Fitch
AG
The answer is here. http://m.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2015/05/08/youll-soon-have-the-texas-emojis-you-need-in-your-life

8T2
Those are some really stupid emoticons.

Except for the taco.
locogringo
AG
quote:

Except for the taco.
Shiner, Blue Bell, and Whataburger are not stupid!!
mcag83
AG
quote:
quote:

Except for the taco.
Shiner, Blue Bell, and Whataburger are not stupid!!
And bacon.
92_Ag
AG
'W KYOE'

Is that the phoenetic spelling of W[est] Kyle?
RebelAg635
AG
quote:

Except for the taco.
Oklahoma and Louisiana are right over there if that's the attitude you're going to have.
CWSaggie13
AG
Brick starting to go up on NW Activation Tower. Also noticed second level brick panel columns going up on north half of West Exterior.

http://imgur.com/a/y8VhY
RINO Safari
AG
I can't believe people are upset about the chalk. This is a very common occurrence and is usually done to promote some organization or an event on campus. The art work is actually really cool, in my opinion. I agree about the apartment complex, though. That's the first time I've ever seen an apartment ad on the wall in Pickard Pass. I hate grafitti, but this is a college campus, and it's chalk. It beats the stupid banners that are pinned against the wall that look like they're from 2009.
RebelAg635
AG
quote:
I can't believe people are upset about the chalk. This is a very common occurrence and is usually done to promote some organization or an event on campus. The art work is actually really cool, in my opinion. I agree about the apartment complex, though. That's the first time I've ever seen an apartment ad on the wall in Pickard Pass. I hate grafitti, but this is a college campus, and it's chalk. It beats the stupid banners that are pinned against the wall that look like they're from 2009.

There's no arguing with some people. They'd probably turn their kids in to the police for "vandalizing" public sidewalks by drawing chalk hop-scotch play areas.

It's just chalk people. It will wash off. It's a cheap and easy way to advertise something rather than printing thousands of flyers and stapling them to poles and boards, thereby creating more trash that will end up floating around campus. Who. Cares.
The Collective
AG
I wish some kids would chalk up WCL & Wehner, so the university would be forced to clean the exterior of those buildings.
Kenneth_2003
AG
In my original comment I said I only had a problem using chalk on the walls of a building or structure, especially where it's protected from the weather so it won't wash off on its own, it'll have to be washed off. I have no problem with campus groups chalking up a sidewalk where foot traffic alone takes it off in just a couple of days.
RebelAg635
AG
Again, it still will wash off. A little pressure washing is no big deal. Now if it was paint or something like that then trust me when I say I'd be the one of the people at the front of the line saying they should have to come pay to get it removed, but it's just chalk (and I personally never cared for all the chalk advertising when I was a student).
YellAg2004
AG
quote:
Again, it still will wash off. A little pressure washing is no big deal. Now if it was paint or something like that then trust me when I say I'd be the one of the people at the front of the line saying they should have to come pay to get it removed, but it's just chalk (and I personally never cared for all the chalk advertising when I was a student).
The point is that "a little pressure washing" requires using resources that would otherwise be doing something productive. I'd venture to guess that the grounds maintenance crew doesn't need more work created for them.

If you want to advertise your event with chalk, fine, but do it in an area where either foot traffic or rain will wear it off/wash it away naturally without somebody having to spend time, effort, and resources removing it because you put it in an area that is protected from both rain and feet.
kirst16
AG
Gah lee, these Kyle Field pics sure are great.
RebelAg635
AG
You know if you do it in the shade it likely won't cake onto the ground when it's baking in the sun. Food for thought. I'd venture to bet it takes 15 minutes or less to wash that stuff off. Real waste of resources.
rcb05
AG
quote:
Gah lee, these Kyle Field pics sure are great.
Schotch just posted a new album yesterday, what more do you want? http://imgur.com/a/dZKgq
First Page Last Page
Page 114 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.