Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,723 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
McGibblets
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, so I may or may not have forgotten after class to get pictures.

I PROMISE MONDAY
AgCat93
AG
Page 93!
Counterpoint
AG
What is the floor material they are putting down near the south side?
One Tooth Man
^ Metal decking into which concrete for flooring will be placed.
Daniel80
Does anybody know if brick faade is going to be put up on the south side of Kyle field? Or is it going to stay the way it is?
McGibblets
AG
quote:
Does anybody know if brick faade is going to be put up on the south side of Kyle field? Or is it going to stay the way it is?

There is no current plan to change it
rcb05
AG
The south end is finished, no additional work on it. I wouldn't mind some brick finishings on the lower portion, or at least some banners/graphic treatmeant to spurce up the exterior, but doesn't appear that's in the current plans.
thebubbaisin
AG
quote:
The south end is finished, no additional work on it. I wouldn't mind some brick finishings on the lower portion, or at least some banners/graphic treatmeant to spurce up the exterior, but doesn't appear that's in the current plans.
The renderings definitely show brick on the lower half of the south side steel skeleton. Not a full facade, but just covering some of the exposed steel. I had assumed that it couldn't be added until the SW activation tower was complete. Hopefully that is still the plan.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
quote:
The renderings definitely show brick on the lower half of the south side steel skeleton. Not a full facade, but just covering some of the exposed steel. I had assumed that it couldn't be added until the SW activation tower was complete. Hopefully that is still the plan.

It's not in the plans at all anymore. They changed the design the SEZ steel and consequently removed the brick panels. They may be added later, but with the cost of a lot of $$$.
Daniel80
Thank you for that information. Does anyone have any renderings of the third floor renovation of the bright football complex which will be coach's office and recruiting room. It is supposed to be done by the summer of this year?
WILDMAN95
AG
quote:
quote:
If you compare the original renderings that showed brick with what actually was built, you will see why there won't be brick there. The vertical surface doesn't go nearly as high, so any brick would be completely hidden by the Bright complex instead of being above the Bright complex.
Fitch
AG
The brick is something that was cut because the budget was allocated elsewhere. Same deal with repaving Houston Street.

Sam Torn has said that the SEZ brick is something that can be added back later if the funds are raised. Personally I'd rather the money go to features that would be used and were also in the scope at one point (dynamic stadium lighting or Spence Park) vs. brick that is only visible from a distance.
Zman91
AG
quote:

They are going with Sears aluminum siding - low maintenance and fade resistant
bco2003
AG
quote:
Personally I'd rather the money go to features that would be used and were also in the scope at one point (dynamic stadium lighting or Spence Park) vs. brick that is only visible from a distance.

What is the dynamic stadium lighting?
Fitch
AG
LED lighting that can be programmed to different colors after wins or for holidays. Imagine Kyle on the 4th of July in all red, white, and blue with fireworks at the Bush Library.

GarryowenAg
AG
That'd be really nice if it came to fruitition
bco2003
AG
Thanks. Agreed. That's very nice
GCRanger
AG
I like the lighting and the brick would be nice. Although, I'd much rather see that money, if ever allocated, go to Spence park.
Fitch
AG
^
As would I. But I'd like to see both if I'm being honest.

Some pics from this afternoon:

Photoshop sort of messed this one up, but it harkens back to our soviet architecture days.
95_Aggie
AG
WTH is that monstrosity in front of Rudder?
Fitch
AG
OPAS Sculpture...

95_Aggie
AG
So where will the "Welcome <insert opposing team's fans>" sign go?
thebubbaisin
AG
Thanks for the pics Fitch!

Also, one of these things is not like the others......that one is the first pic. Roughly $475mil and we are going to leave the SEZ looking so bare. I'm not one of those guys that b*****s about the small imperfections of the stadium. Really I am so happy about 99.99% of it. I just think we made a mistake here IMHO.

Making Spence look better would be nice too.
95_Aggie
AG
Leaving it bare means there is less of a contrast between the reddish brick of Kyle and the beige brick of the Bright Complex.
Fitch
AG
Different planter box is getting the statues
who?mikejones
S.AustinAG
Which towers are getting escalaters?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Which towers are getting escalaters?

NE & NW
GrapevineAg
AG
cool pic!

quote:

muse1116
I'm not as up to date on the details of the renovation as some of yall are, so can someone tell me: the old metal paneling that they tore down off of the zone, it's getting replaced by windows so are the windows just there for show or do they plan on doing some interior work inside the zone and eventually make way for the windows to actually be used to look outside?
sarancher
leftcoastaggie
AG
quote:
I'm not as up to date on the details of the renovation as some of yall are, so can someone tell me: the old metal paneling that they tore down off of the zone, it's getting replaced by windows so are the windows just there for show or do they plan on doing some interior work inside the zone and eventually make way for the windows to actually be used to look outside?

They aren't windows. It is spandrel glass used to hide the structure behind it. It's just another building material that is used to give the illusion of an opening in the structure. Most of the time spandrel glass is opaque and you can't see through it.
GarryowenAg
AG
War damn statues
bco2003
AG
quote:
They aren't windows. It is spandrel glass used to hide the structure behind it. It's just another building material that is used to give the illusion of an opening in the structure. Most of the time spandrel glass is opaque and you can't see through it.
I would say it will probably be a mix of both.
Moto Ag
AG
Sooo...the the guy in the bottom left of picture 16 (from the top) - looking like he's about to take out a Fallujah compound - is nothing to be concerned about; right?

Just looks kinda strange in the context of looking at pictures of Kyle.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.