Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The new Kyle Field- weekly pictures

2,161,850 Views | 5140 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I love the stadium design, but all the unexessary stuff that is being put around the stadium will take away from it. Keep it simple
CrottyKid
AG
Now I can't just say, "Meet me outside the stadum by the $#!tty statue." People will always ask me, "Which one?"
cp2011
AG
quote:
Unless this is just the column piece for the statue. That piece was to be limestone or something and wasn't sculpted like the figures.

Column really looks like the front portion of the statue in question. Guess we will find out on Sept 11

Is it an "n" or "h"?
JustisWalkert
AG
Will someone please clean the lens on the west exterior camera?
geolag02
AG
quote:
And why do we need that statute outside of our Football stadium? It would go better on a different part of campus

I love the stadium design, but all the unexessary stuff that is being put around the stadium will take away from it. Keep it simple
Just need to take Kyle Field statues to the next level....surround the stadium with bronze Bonfire Perimeter Guard Statues linked together so no one can get into Kyle Field at all.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Any new pictures? It looks like they've gotten a lot of site work done since the last set.
Fitch
AG
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:

#DaHOME
redd38
AG
When are they putting that adidas zig zag crap in the end zones?
Drake aTm
AG
ProudAg16
AG
It's so beautiful
McGibblets
AG
quote:

Scotch
AG
Yesterday
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
What's with the diagonal aisle section?? Was that there last year??
agsalaska
AG
Is that a new font for the numbers?
AFDave13
AG
quote:

The rows above the diagonal were raised to allow for the standing students in the line of sight. They're new this year.

EDIT: Sorry for the thumbs down, I fat fingered the icon.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
You never disappoint.
AFDave13
AG
quote:
Is that a new font for the numbers?

Looks like it matches the new Texas A&M font that'll match the signage & uniforms.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
quote:

The rows above the diagonal were raised to allow for the standing students in the line of sight.

That would only happen at A&M!
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:

The rows above the diagonal were raised to allow for the standing students in the line of sight.

That would only happen at A&M!
#AggieWorld"Problems"
ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
Yesterday

That's what I'm talkin bout
hatchback
AG
quote:
quote:

The rows above the diagonal were raised to allow for the standing students in the line of sight. They're new this year.

Another black-eye for Populous. Im beginning to think that HKS would've done a better job at designing this renovation - never thought I'd say that.
twk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Another black-eye for Populous. Im beginning to think that HKS would've done a better job at designing this renovation - never thought I'd say that.
HKS doesn't seem to understand the value of shade, at least based upon what they did with Amon Carter. Honestly, all the disjointed stuff you see at Kyle is the result of 2 decisions: (1) we had to have a bigger stadium than t.u., which meant we had to keep east 2nd and 3rd deck so as not to lose that grandfathered seating density; and (2) we wouldn't play a season away from Kyle.

Change those two things, and we could have knocked down everything but the upper levels of the north endzone (rip out the lower deck, but leave the concourse, club level, and upper deck) and ended up with something that would have been a little more pleasing to the eye. However, we didn't go that direction, so a bunch of compromises had to be made in order to work within the parameters set by Sharp, et al.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Sure... Lose that seating... Err standing density. You would lose thousands of seats that the university/athletic program loses who knows how much revenue on student tickets that would not get allocated elsewhere.

It's done.

GET OVER IT
Fitch
AG
Slight counterpoint... It made sense to keep the 2nd and 3rd student decks we would have lost to ADA standards because they stand...but the upper deck of the SEZ was something added on from the design Loftin approved to boost capacity.
BigBrother
AG
quote:
There's been a concrete edge there for years. It's well outside of the actual playing field. What's grass right now is larger than what will be the painted boundaries.
Now that I see the lines, it looks pretty close IMO.
twk
AG
quote:
Sure... Lose that seating... Err standing density. You would lose thousands of seats that the university/athletic program loses who knows how much revenue on student tickets that would not get allocated elsewhere.

It's done.

GET OVER IT
Who peed in your post toasties? I'm just pointing out the reason why we kept those sections. I've got some long-term concerns about whether we will need that many seats in the future (see the discussion on the ASU game about staying home and watching on TV if you want to know why), and suspect the decision was driven as much by chasing the largest capacity number as by logic, but it's not totally illogical, so I'm OK with it.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
quote:
quote:
There's been a concrete edge there for years. It's well outside of the actual playing field. What's grass right now is larger than what will be the painted boundaries.

Only if the players are skating or trying to not lift their feet off the ground while in motion. Also during a game there are so many people (team, camera, journos, staff) on the sideline there is probably less than 2 feet around the entire field without some type of vertical obstruction.

That concrete edge is at field level and essentially level with the field and track. It is a non-issue, it will operate fine and will look fine.

Not looking fine is the jacked-up Zone Club section with the diagonal row and raised seats. It is ridiculous it was planned and built without the sight-lines from that section taking into account the students on the second deck and the fact they will be standing.

Really that section and the one next to it are poor, they face directly across the stadium to the other sideline. At least on the west sideline the end sections are somewhat angled in toward the 50.

95_Aggie
AG
quote:
The field is the memorial.
lol ... this crap again?
William Munny
it was a joke....seeing as how this thread gets derailed for the dumbest things, might as well bring that crap up again for no reason

I don't have any pics to offer......sorry
Tree Hugger
AG
have we had a "G" on the goal line in the past?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
quote:
have we had a "G" on the goal line in the past?

No. It's traditionally been 'K' for kiss/kill yourself, depending on which team was scoring.
israeliag
AG
quote:

I love how the student section appears indented. Gives it both a framed look, and hopefully works like a megaphone.
MrMiyAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Only if the players are skating or trying to not lift their feet off the ground while in motion. Also during a game there are so many people (team, camera, journos, staff) on the sideline there is probably less than 2 feet around the entire field without some type of vertical obstruction.

That concrete edge is at field level and essentially level with the field and track. It is a non-issue, it will operate fine and will look fine.

Not looking fine is the jacked-up Zone Club section with the diagonal row and raised seats. It is ridiculous it was planned and built without the sight-lines from that section taking into account the students on the second deck and the fact they will be standing.

Really that section and the one next to it are poor, they face directly across the stadium to the other sideline. At least on the west sideline the end sections are somewhat angled in toward the 50.

I wonder why that couldn't just move the "courtesy seating" to that portion of the student section so that the people in the zone would not have to look over any one standing up
CrottyKid
AG
Or just make that section season ticket holders.
First Page Last Page
Page 141 of 147

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.