Story Poster
Sean Porter
Patrick Lewis
Texas A&M Football

Sean Porter and Patrick Lewis discuss pro future with TexAgs

April 29, 2013

Key quotes from Sean Porter interview:

"I'm back in College Station packing up all my stuff and will be headed to Cincinnati next Thursday."

"The Bengals called me and told me they were taking me off the board. I'm excited to have my opportunity in the NFL now."

"I fell like it's a good fit and a young defense I'm going into. I think I'll get as much playing time as I want to earn."

"The Bengals are still in a 4-3 and I'm really happy with the fit. Playing in the 4-3 last year was very beneficial."

"I was really relieved that I finally got picked. My family was with me and it was a really emotional day."

"The Bengals are full of talent and are looking to start a winning tradition. We're going to be ready to get some wins."

"The draft showed how much talent is on the A&M roster and how deep the SEC is. I'm proud of all my guys

Key quotes from Patrick Lewis interview:

"I got the call from Green Bay and it was a situation I couldn't say no to. I see an opportunity there to fight for a roster spot."

"Green Bay showed a lot of interest during the process. They allowed me to take a visit up there, and it reminds me a lot of A&M."

"Being able to go somewhere where winning is a tradition was a big plus for me. I want to be able to play for a Super Bowl."

"It's a dream to play at the highest level and now I have my opportunity, and I plan to make the most of it."

"Watching the draft was very frustrating because you deal with a lot of heartbreak."

"Not being drafted gives even more motivation going into the NFL. It adds a chip on the shoulder and can carry you a long way."

"Eddie Lacy and I are pretty good friends, and he was happy that I was going to GB, too. We'll use each other to get better."

"I played against a lot of guys who got drafted all the way back in high school. It's crazy how it works out like that."

"Every team wants the prototypical player for that position, and that's just life. I've always played with the hand I was dealt."

"Matthews is going to be the best tackle in college football next year. He's a guy you definitely want on the field with you."

Discussion from...

Sean Porter and Patrick Lewis...

9,879 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by Melin88
Gabe Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sean Porter and Patrick Lewis discuss pro future with TexAgs
tbirdspur2010
89Ag4Ever
AG
Patrick Lewis. What a tremendous person and a model for all Aggies to aspire to. I just know that he's going to have an impact in Green Bay, and he will continue to make us proud for years to come. Love that guy!
Paradise Ag
AG
Best of luck, Patrick.
Paradise Ag
AG
You too, Sean.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Best of luck to both, Gig 'em!
TKMorris
Good luck to both Sean and Patrick! Couldn't be happier that you have this opportunity. I know you'll make the best of it.
BostonAg74
I saw all those statues in the Kyle Field presentation and I'm hoping they have room for a statue of what I think will end up being one of the most iconic football photos in A&M history: Luke Joeckel and Patrick Lewis lifting Johnny Manziel into the air after a touchdown against Missouri. An ordinary moment, but three extraordinary Aggies who will always be remembered, captured in a moment that can serve as a metaphor for the entire season, with The Outland Trophy winner and the unquestioned senior leader of the team lifting the Heisman Trophy winner to new heights, just as they did all season.

Melin88
I love that photo, BostonAg.

Sean and Patrick will remain two of my favorites from this or any season. I hope they kick tail in the pros and have long, productive careers there. They'll be missed!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.