Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SIAP: Andy Staples final Ballot (AP)

5,325 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by NyAggie
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. Alabama
2. Texas A&M
3. Notre Dame
4. Georgia
5. Oregon
6. Ohio State
7. Stanford
8. Florida
9. South Carolina
10. Florida State
11. Clemson
12. LSU
13. Kansas State
14. Louisville
15. Northwestern
16. Oklahoma
17. Penn State
18. Michigan
19. Northern Illinois
20. Texas
21. Baylor
22. Oklahoma State
23. Vanderbilt
24. Boise State
25. Cincinnati

Foamcows
91_Aggie
AG
Oh and a quote from Staple article from the game:

quote:
I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.

hillcountryrain
BBallAggie06
AG
still don't understand how ND would be in anyone's Top 5...
Post removed:
by user
gig them
AG
quote:
I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.

Possibly my favorite quote from this season
sleepybeagle
AG
Here's the thing - if we played alabama again they might have beaten us. If ND played alabama again, they just might have lost by even more as it wasn't even close.

We are in the same league as the Alabama, ND is not. The crazy part - Sumlin has put us in the top tier in one year!
CC-ag
Johnny Z
AG
I just love that Andy Staples.
91_Aggie
AG
4 through 11, with the exception of Stanford would beat ND in South Bend.

Kansas State and ND might play to a scoreless tie.
HoyaSaxa
Remember, Stanford kind of did defeat ND at South Bend but the refs blew the call
91_Aggie
AG
That would have tied the game... not beat them.
Jacques
It cracks me up that Florida can be blown out by Louisville on a neutral field and still be 4 spots ahead of them in the top 10.

LOL, this guy is a crackpot.

[This message has been edited by Jacques (edited 1/8/2013 7:35a).]
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
It cracks me up that Florida can be blown out by Louisville on a neutral field and still be 4 spots ahead of them in the top 10.

You are right... A&M beat Bama in Alabama but he ranked A&M behind BAMA. CRACKPOT INDEED!
Jacques
quote:
You are right... A&M beat Bama in Alabama but he ranked A&M behind BAMA. CRACKPOT INDEED!

He has you guys ranked second, which is actually about right, given your two losses.

Look, this guy is just flatly telling the world the games don't ****ing matter. That's fine. I guess he figures that even though Florida got soundly beaten on a neutral field, they're still quite a bit better than Louisville.

91_Aggie
AG
Baylor Beat K-state soundly on a Neutral field (more K-state fans in Waco than Baylor fans) and he has Baylor 8 spots behind K-state.

Why didn't you pick this example to call him out?
91_Aggie
AG
go look at Louisville's schedule. It was softer than ND's schedule and Louisville lost to UCONN and Syracuse... freakin' Basketball schools.
ccatag
AG
tu lost to West Virginia and West Virginia isn't even ranked.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
The crazy part - Sumlin has put us in the top tier in one year!

This is impossible! I have been told daily over the past 2 decades that it takes Fran/Sherman or any coach several years to get their players and schemes into our program.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
You complain about Florida being ranked above the team it lost to... but are you OK with us being ranked above the two teams we lost to?

These aren't standings in a round-robin tournament. These are rankings.
Jacques
quote:
You complain about Florida being ranked above the team it lost to... but are you OK with us being ranked above the two teams we lost to?

These aren't standings in a round-robin tournament. These are rankings.

You guys definitely finished the season stronger than those two teams.

Fact is, though, when it came to UF, they could have lost that game by a 100 and Staples wasn't moving them out of the top 10.

91_Aggie
AG
they lost by 10... in a bowl game that wasn't for the national championship.
07ag
AG
quote:

[This message has been edited by 07ag (edited 1/8/2013 8:44a).]
p-wonk01
Ishmael-Ag
AG
Staples said on DP this morning he gave ND #3 because of their overall year. He did not feel the team he saw play the rest of the year showed up last night.
Sarge 77
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LieCheatOrSteal10
I like Staples. He was one of the earliest proponents of JFF for Heisman with a national platform. Nice to have him on our side.
Brazos Ag 1970
AG
Staples
KLSanchez
Staples.
AggieBattleAxe
quote:
quote:
The crazy part - Sumlin has put us in the top tier in one year!

This is impossible! I have been told daily over the past 2 decades that it takes Fran/Sherman or any coach several years to get their players and schemes into our program.
spaceman
AG
"still don't understand how ND would be in anyone's Top 5..."

I agree. The only way ND could get beat like that, and still deserve a top-5 ranking, is if it's just because Alabama is THAT much better than everyone else. But we, LSU, and Georgia proved otherwise.
Maybe this is just my Aggie bias showing, but I would have liked to see more recognition by the media of the fact that "Yeah, Alabama won the natty ... and oh yeah, there was this team that beat them ..."
Crawdaddy
King
Mantis Toboggan MD
AG
Niceeee
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.