Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Red Bryant awarded the Seahawks "Steve Largent Award"

2,835 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by YBS
mda99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Bryant found out he had been voted this season’s recipient of the Steve Largent Award, which has been presented annually since 1989 to the player who best exemplifies the spirit, dedication and integrity of the Seahawks. Bryant was presented the impressive trophy that accompanies the honor – and his place in franchise history – by general manager John Schneider on Saturday just before kickoff of the team’s home finale at CenturyLink Field.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/All-in-the-family/3289bf43-4870-49b3-a1c2-d3d5642b9e37

[This message has been edited by mda99 (edited 12/27/2011 8:33p).]
ApachePilot
AG
Whoop!
buildingchampions
AG
Thumbs up
roberts
Way to go Red!
KC Aggie
The T Bow
Good deal. I'll never forget that extra point he blocked to win the game against oklahoma state.
Aston 91
AG
Congrats Red. On a side note, the Seahawks GM looks like he's still in college. Or maybe I'm just getting old and don't remember what college kids look like.
GregZeppelin
AG
Gig 'Em Red!

Good Bull!
Vile Weed
I'm more impressed to learn that former country music star and one half of the Dukes of Hazzard is now the GM of the Seahawks.
Bajan
AG
Thataboy Red!
Thunder18
bjraggie10
AG
Whoop!
deadelephant98
AG
Awesome!
deadelephant98
AG
But is that the GM in the picture or the GM's 12 year old nephew?
Method Man
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Seattle Seahawks-Copy cat 12th man

Red Bryant-Real 12th man
YBS
AG
Go Big Red! He has had an awesome year this year on and off the field. Congrats for all the success. Jasper TX Baby!
dreyOO
AgDotCom
I'll never forget the video of his high school highlights that someone posted to "justify" Bryant's A&M offer.

If you remember, many if not most who followed recruiting at that time felt Bryant was only offered so we could get Jorrie Adams.

Wow, how all that turned out.
AG GRAD 07
Congrats Red!
gunan01
lawless89
Whoop!
Had the opportunity to meet him on their first day back to training camp back in July up at their training facility on Lake Washington. He's an awesome guy and he told me he still backs up A&M's 12th man a lot more than what they are trying to do up in Seattle!
YBS
AG
AgDotCom: People around the program at that time knew Red was going to be a very good player. He was a good player in his own right even though he didn't have the wingspan, foot speed, and explosiveness Jorrie had. Jorrie also had an attitude that left a lot to be desired and a desire for the sticky that wouldn't wait. Red was just a good kid with a great work ethic who wanted to excel in life. Not to demonize Jorrie b/c he has paid for his mistakes, but Red always had the right attitude where Jorrie had to discover it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.