Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Its a trap! (LSU edition)

6,914 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Signel
rather be fishing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was probably said by someone already, but regarding the "elitist" attitude: it's one thin for a Texas alum to give us some good natured ribbing, but the dirty t-shirt fans talk straight trash about A&M when they've never even set foot on the 40 acres. What gives them any right to comment only school when they know nothing more than the last decade's worth of history about the school they claim?
rather be fishing
AG
It was probably said by someone already, but regarding the "elitist" attitude: it's one thin for a Texas alum to give us some good natured ribbing, but the dirty t-shirt fans talk straight trash about A&M when they've never even set foot on the 40 acres. What gives them any right to comment only school when they know nothing more than the last decade's worth of history about the school they claim?
HighPlainsAg
The tu offense scored more points than the SAT scores of most tu t-shirt fans.

"If you see a guy with a Texas A&M shirt, he went to Texas A&M. If you see a guy with a University of Texas shirt, he went to Wal-Mart>"
musket
AG
I guess its ok for the janitors too.....
BMX Bandit
The post regarding why we don't have tshirt fans on page 1 is bunk. We had a ton of them in the 80s and 90s. Oddly, people like to be associated with and follow winners.
Yellerjacket
There are still a bunch of us T-shirt Ags. I,for one, don't feel quite as welcome as I did in the 80s and 90s though. Maybe it's the whole internet thing. I went to the Arkansas games the last two years and felt kind of like I didn't fit in. Never got that feeling back in the day. Like I said, it's probably just the internet thing and reading all the vitriol on here and other places toward "T-shirt" fans.
agdoc2001
AG
My lord, Mobag! I've never seen an lsu grad put that many complete sentences together.

Maybe you guys are so supportive of lsu t-shirt fans because the lsu degrees and tshirts are available for sale in the same section of walmart? Or that many of your alum serve as the greeters when said tshirt fans enter the aforementioned walmart?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ibldprplgld
I don't understand all the vitriol either. If you support the Tigers, you'll be welcomed at ANY tailgate on campus before and after games. No LSU fan would look down his nose at another just because he doesn't have a degree from the school.

Maybe that's just an inherent difference between the two fan bases.

Tiger fans: The more the merrier and "Laissez les bon temps rouler!"

A&M Fans: Membership card (degree) required.
AAM02
AG
I don't mind people that didn't go to A&M being fans of A&M, as long as they represent us well.

Many of t.u.'s t-shirt fans act like buffoons and cause many of us Ags to question whether we want anyone like that representing us.
wolfpack759
AG
We like to have fun with acronyms as well. Our favorite:

SWCAMF

Stupid Wannabe Coon-ass Mother ****er

Most of y'all LSU fans would be SO happy if you were coon-ass in any way, because you think that's cool over there. Truth is, most of y'all probably live in the suburbs somewhere, and when you happen to stop at a gas station in the swamp, you get looks from Jethreaux and Bubbeaux like you some kinda pretty boy.

pv
Bottom line is that if you are a tshirt fan you just can't talk trash.

If you went to ITT Tech don't go talking about how "we are gonna work your team" unless by "we" you mean ITT Tech.

I'm ok with people pulling for LSU who didn't go there but lets be real, you aren't a tiger and you can't talk smack from the perspective of a school you didn't go to.
AggieRinger
AG
I love corn dogs!

AG
I would imagine if LSU had a team in state that was of the same size and caliber, you would understand. It is the same hate between Auburn and Bama fans. My cousin told me last week he gets this question almost daily.

"What are ya?"

He went on to explain that this meant are you a Bama fan or a War Eagle. If you are of the opposite side, you will not get the sale. We hate t.u. with a passion, and they hate us.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.