Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TexAgs.com Response to Pelini Apology

15,874 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by The Marine Biologist
nems
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Longtime Lurker:

Just pointing out that programs can overcome black eyes. You can't avoid them either. Coaches and players will eventually make bad decisions.
Longtime Lurker
AG
Assault is a little more than a black eye. So is letting a domestic violence criminal continue to play on your football team. Either you come on here and take your lumps or you move on.

You don't come on here and say "yeah, but, but, you too!"

It's childish.
weasel66
AG
I say cut the Pelini's some slack. I was in the Army with another guy named Bo who was also from Youngstown. He was one tough cookie. Said in Youngstown every day you either got beat up or you beat someone else up. It's in the blood, I guess, or the water or something. They can't help it.
HIGHER
AG

Those two brothers will never change.They looked
really bad on TV and around the world as I'm overseas.They didn't care and looked like two hillbillies with no brains acting the way they
did.Two rednecke lost their way and got into coaching??????????
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
1. Bo was told something and said what he understood. Hardly a lie.

Stop.

Had he just said Carl was trying to rescue a player and went through a camaraman to do so, that would be telling "what he understood".

Bo went the extra yard on Monday, and claimed to confirm Carl's story by saying he had talked to the player about it.

There was no player.

Carl lied. Bo complied. Osborne brushed aside
(and Nationwide is not on your side).
Chasing Tail
Pelini at the least should have to sponsor a forum. Is the job network page taken yet? Or maybe create an animal forum where texags can have puppy mill owners sell their wares
Bockaneer
AG
glad they had to ACKNOWLEDGE the incident

as for the rest, Dr. Tom proved his tolerance years ago when he embraced LP; the vid on the 03 Mizzou deal and coach's comments just corroborates that what Bo said in his presser this past week is more of the same ol same ol...

n1ce that the good guys got the win and happy trails to nu
74Ag
If you read C. Pelini's statement he is still making excuses. he tried to justify his actions based on circumstance that were completely different from what he stated. There was no one attacking him or even close to him as they were leaving the field. Brandon certainly was not.
I agree though it has come time for the situation to be dropped and to focus on the tu game.
The only thing that I would not drop is for recruits. They need to be aware the potential for abush by the coaches as exhibited by their actions. Bo field dressing down the QB was uncalled for. If these guys will do this in public no telling what they will do in the privacy of a closed practice.
IMO

[This message has been edited by 74Ag (edited 11/24/2010 7:47p).]
Guadaloop474
Kumbaya my Husker, Kumbaya....
BostonAg74
It comes down to this: The eventual apology was a direct result the emergence of more and more confirmation of Brandon's version of events, including incriminating pictures and more video. They had no choice but to apologize at that point. Had those pictures not come out, I'm pretty certain they would have stayed with the "protecting the player" story.

After it happened, anyone with any common sense would have said, "Yeah, I did it and I'm sorry", and the whole thing would have been over in less than 12 hours. What made it drag on and get bigger was the reflexive cover up that was going on: Ignore, minimize, and finally, just flat out lie about it. And Bo DID lie about it. Frankly, the whole justification in the apology was contrived as well. That look of anger on Pelini's face would seem to indicate that it had nothing to do with the Missouri incident and everything to do with Pelini being afraid that the camera had caught him being an ass.

The apology allowed everyone to just put it behind them, but it did not change the fact that the behavior of both Pelini brothers leading up to the apology was less than honorable.
Danny Duberstein
^
|
Absolutely. Bo got caught in a lie, and big brother finally had to speak up to make this thing go away - and even then we still get a qualification in his apology that is totally unsupported by any video or pictures. The Pelini brothers, along with a good chunk of their team, showed a lack of discipline and composure all night. And it certainly didn't stop with the final whistle.

[This message has been edited by Danny Duberstein (edited 11/24/2010 11:04p).]
nems
Ahh ... I guess beloved A&M coaches have never had a problem with the truth from time to time ...

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/04/05/sports/texas-a-m-accused-of-violations.html

Like I said ... Programs move on ... Something tells me the Huskers won't be facing NCAA sanctions for doing no damage to a camera in an assault of such epic proportions ...

Get a grip Aggies ... You're starting to sound like a bunch of tea sippers.
husker4ever
I think someone owes Ben Cotton an apology for being violated in such a creepy way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I1lQwmSXO4

Have something to say Mr. Jerod-Edie?
GvineAg89
AG
Talk about a bunch of whiners. A player got the back of his thigh pinched in a scrum for the football during the heat of battle. The KID owned up to it and didn't qualify it with a bunch of "but, but, but..." crap. The Pelini's were out of control classless thugs for an entire game and then some.
missinAggieland
AG
Look, we need to put this behind us. It was up to Brandon alone to forgive C. Pelini for his actions. We cannot control what C. P. Says in his press release, and we are not the ones that hold him accountable...it is up to the Nebraska administration.

As for those on this forum calling for specific punishment of a player...again, not your call. Sherman has dealt with the situation. I get that you are upset by what a 18-22 year old kid did, but please put things into perspective....
Iowaggie
AG
I've listened to Huskers defend Bo's statement, refusing to admit that Carl and Bo both lied.

They are now at the point of believing Carl went after another football player after Brandon's incident, which may or may not have also involved another cameraman.

DelValAg
I said this previously, Bo and Carl Pelini are lucky that the only thing "thrown" at them was a yellow flag for their actions this past Saturday".

Seriously.. They wouldn't be able to pull that crap @ WV- they'd end up with a D-battery shampoo.
flakrat
AG
who gives a sheeeeatttt we beat t.u.

NU fans have always been class acts in Aggieland, so far as I remember. I'm sad to see them go, but I'm also happy they had the balls to do so.

Gig'em
OlsenBum
Good bull, Brandon! ..... but I can't help but wish you would have stuck it them a bit more
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
All class Brandon. Well played.
NormanAg
AG
quote:
I was in the Army with another guy named Bo who was also from Youngstown. He was one tough cookie. Said in Youngstown every day you either got beat up or you beat someone else up. It's in the blood, I guess, or the water or something. They can't help it.

The Stoops boys are the same way. I am constantly amazed how much crap they get away with on the sidelines.

GEA89
AG
How much did they settle for? Just the ballpark number.
bigbama247
AG
Keepin' it classy TexAgs...
ShotOver
AG
So.....why is this thread still stickied to the front page? I thought we were satisfied with their apology. Just let it go....we"re better than this. Seems like we want to keep calling attention to the fact.....
The Marine Biologist
AG
Good bull!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.