Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M Lineman Arrested...

8,602 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by OrygunAg
obscureag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone ready to throw a man off the team - even though you have ZERO facts - needs to be thrown to the lions. Seriously, how a university as impressive as ours can continually attract you bullet heads (who hate the Constitution almost as much as you do people) is a true mystery to me. You are the types I love to shame in voir dire.
TXAGBQ76
AG
$4,000= $400 out of pocket

was he the only student arrested Saturday night? should they also be dismissed from school?

do any of you have the facts of the case, are a lawyer and know that he is guilty as sin and needs to be dealt with harshly?
JD_JR
AG
Yeah... that was not what the group needed.
Mr. Bergstrom
AG
Unacceptable.
Jim Croce
BQ76,

This board has no problem reaching negative conclusions with no access to the facts.

Wonder who paid the $400?
Chuckwaggie
AG
Also, his parents might have been in town as well. They are after all from Killeen. It's not like they had to fly to kansas or drive to oklahoma. I still wouldn't have messed with a 6'6 300+ OL.

It might have been some baylor fan who he knew in HS at Killeen and was talking trash to him. For those of you who act like he needs to be kicked off without knowing all the details, you should probably suspend yourself from the message boards. You're going to make yourself look like a total idiot and you are going to get all of your fellow Aggies jumping on you and calling you out.

Stasco
AG
quote:
He immediately posted $4,000.00 at 2:30 AM ???
Damn, no wonder Sherman's recruiting has picked up so much lately. For a guy who's redshirting, he's obviously pulling down some serious jack.

You think our guys are getting help legally, TexDoc? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody remember Leno's joke a couple years back? What do they call a crime ring in Austin?
McInnis 03
AG
I support Scales until I hear something damning.

Who here hasn't been in a fight before? It's all about who you hit, some people take it like a man, some people cry to the police and you get locked up.
rln_01
AG
Back in Frans day we had D-lineman dealing drugs and guns and kidnapping people in Callaway Villas. So, I think this is a step better.

Seriously though, Scales could have been walking through a crowd and bumped into someone knocking them over and that persons friends realized who he was and called the police on him just to start sh**. But speculation is not my strong suit.

rln_'01 Whoop!
AggieFaith
AG
"It's obvious this is just the long arm of burnt orange influence reaching out to the BCS law enforcement."
Nuff said
GEA89
AG
Too bad he didn't have 5 pounds of marijuana and shell casings in his car.... and the fact that we don't have slimeball lawyers hovering around like tu of this whole thing would just be kids being kids...
JTaylor
quote:

Anybody remember Leno's joke a couple years back? What do they call a crime ring in Austin?

Leno? Are you serious?
Stasco
AG
You don't remember that? The huddle is the answer. My point is tu is known nationally for their antics with the law.
JTaylor
No, they're not.

When did Leno make that joke?
leoj
AG
how stupid are you? this is a joke that leno did a while back, I don't know why you are continuing to make an a$$ out of yourself by trying to argue with a historical fact. that joke happened, as did all the things your team has done in recent years.
Stasco
AG
quote:
...a couple years back?
peckalo
AG
The My San Antonio article on the front page doesn't sound good. Cop says he saw scales punch the victim twice while (the victim) was being pinned to the ground.
JAC97
AG
Hey, we need thugs on our team! Hopefully, it'll give us a backbone and mean streak!

On the serious end of things, you hate seeing this happen. Hopefully, the victim recovers and let justice prevail. Who knows what happened...

[This message has been edited by JAC97 (edited 11/23/2009 1:00p).]
seanp39
I'd rather lose with law abiding kids than win with street thugs and I HATE LOSING.
hoodlum98
AG
I went to high school with the guy who's brother got jumped. The guy that got jumped is from College Station and is 26-27. From the details that were told to me the players were heckling the jumpee and kept on messing with him and with alcohol being involved the "group" of guys jumped him. According to my friend his brother told him that there were several football players but that Scales was the only one that was actually seen hitting him and that didn't get away, there were about 8-9 that jumped him and he said most of them were football players.
Post removed:
by user
Aggie_12
AG
There is a group of people that hang out on Northgate and enjoy heckling the football players. It was just a matter of time until this happened.

That being said, it is still unacceptable for an athlete to act this way. He should have walked away from the situation.
agwin12
AG
If Scales played for tu, Brown would hold him out of all contact drills in the month of February.
Jim Croce
quote:
how stupid are you? this is a joke that leno did a while back, I don't know why you are continuing to make an a$$ out of yourself by trying to argue with a historical fact. that joke happened, as did all the things your team has done in recent years.

Did you hear what Jim Rome had to say about Aggies?*

Texas isn't known nationally for "antics". Texas is known nationally for the success in football and has no more problem with the law and their athletes as Texas A&M who isn't known nationally for their success in football.

*I know the stuff attributed to Jim Rome is BS and that's my point.
Syd_X_Barrett
Uh, it sounds like the cop who arrested him AND witnessed it corroborates the version posted above.
obscureag
Yep, it's in the paper and someone else has some fourth hand hearsay, so he should go straight to adseg at the nearest branch of TDCJ. It honestly frightens me that some of you have college degrees. Do you realize how gormless and backward you sound? Staff, can we please dump this thread until there are more details? These parochial nincompoops are embarrassing us while the sips are trolling.
transplant
For all the rocks we throw at the tsips, this one breaks a window in our glass house.
BigOil
AG
Hey, I think we should step back and let the Leadership Council take care of this matter...
Syd_X_Barrett
Uh, I don't think the arresting officer's statement/quote is 4th hand information.

Too bad they couldn't find this much fight against KState or Colorado. We'd be in a better bowl.
BigMoneyTxAg
he should ask sergio kindle whats the best way to get out of legal issues
1876er
AG
What if the LSU guys was flipping him off and saying "F THE AGGIES"? Would yall still think he should be kicked off the team?
obscureag
Uh, ever seen an arresting officer cross examined, Syd?
Syd_X_Barrett
Considering I've been arrested a few times & have paid lawyers handsomely over the years, yeah, I'd say I have a little bit of familiarity.
Boomsy
AG
quote:
He didn't beat up a pizza delivery guy and throw him down a flight of stairs and take his pizzas...
And yes that happened in Sherril's day.
And no I wasn't the pizza delivery guy. lol

dude, I ordered black olives!

"I am part of the solution"
OrygunAg
AG
The cop only saw the last part. What really happened is Scales et al came across a guy who was being attacked by bees, so he was just helping kill the bees on the guys face. The swelling on his face probably was from bee stings more than anything.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.