Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kyle Field Expansion Photos

11,209 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by Tmoneyag99
TxAggieMichael
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just posting the actual images... Looks nice.

From: http://hks.hksinc.com/#/sports/experiences/on-the-boards?ssp=true&gallery=57&id=album

Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
great, now half of the stadium will be empty rather than just 10-15k.
TxAggieMichael
AG
quote:

nah, if this happens, it won't be until we're winning consistently again...
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:

This. Way too premature to be talking about any sort of expansion.
jeffk
AG
What is that?! A stadium for ants?!
keithd03
Did Knox design this new expansion?
athensag94
AG
This is target for 2020.
Face
AG
quote:
Did Knox design this new expansion?

Negative. No American flag or Rev.
tlepoC
AG
YEAAAAAAAAH non-symmetry
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
wasn't the previous expanson slated for 2010?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Nice - a tackle box that closes on both ends - FINALLY!!!! lol
jeepwranglin01
AG
Is this a Benjamin Knox painting?
rcb05
AG
Welcome to two hours ago http://www.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1512651&forum_id=5
TMoney2007
AG
I know that jerry world has field level boxes... but they are a retarded idea that makes for a terrible game watching experience.

What about 2 smaller decks that match the current stands and then 2-3 (or more) stories of luxury boxes?
Aggie1
AG
HKS is the A-E that did the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. If they say it can be done, and have accoutrements and lessons learned from Cowboys Stadium - I'm all for it. They are mostly Ags as well. The designer for Cowboys Stadium is an Ag.
Build it and they will come.
claym711
AG
HKS would be a top flight firm to have do a project for us.

Not sure why we dont use guys like them or Perkins+Will (new health science building), RTKL, etc to do all of our buildings. Lots of Ags work for them and they do great stuff.

The medical campus is being done by FKP, another good firm with lots of Ags, so maybe A&M will stop going with design firms like the one that did the basketball facility, and use better folks to do our buildings.
RAB97
AG
Those HAVE to be Knox drawings, or someone who is an admirer of his work. Look at the receive in the 3rd pic. If he laid down he would take up a full 5 yards!
jbeaman88
AG
It won't work. There's no place for the cannon.
SWCBonfire
AG
Glad they showed it as a night game so they didn't have to illustrate the people dying from heat exhaustion on 1st deck w/ the south end closed.
TxAggieMichael
AG
Man, a lot of people seem to be against the expansion.

I think it'd look a lot better if it mirrored the North Zone, but I think it looks pretty damn nice in general.
AggieArchitect04
AG
quote:
HKS is the A-E that did the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. If they say it can be done, and have accoutrements and lessons learned from Cowboys Stadium - I'm all for it. They are mostly Ags as well. The designer for Cowboys Stadium is an Ag.
Build it and they will come.

quote:
HKS would be a top flight firm to have do a project for us.

Not sure why we dont use guys like them or Perkins+Will (new health science building), RTKL, etc to do all of our buildings. Lots of Ags work for them and they do great stuff.

The medical campus is being done by FKP, another good firm with lots of Ags, so maybe A&M will stop going with design firms like the one that did the basketball facility, and use better folks to do our buildings

These. +2.

I like the motivation but the money might be better used elsewhere. A major renovation/rehabilitation to the West and East stands should come before this IMO.

[This message has been edited by AggieArchitect04 (edited 10/30/2009 2:05p).]
duffelpud
AG
They never show the low-cost options on their website.

mtjoy
Those pics look like the old electric football games from the 1970s.
shmadams06
i liked the mock-ups that were in the eagle a few years back, basically mirrored the north zone and made a bowl on the upper deck and had jumbo/12th man tvs where the second deck would be in the corners of the endzone, i even think they added a little bit of a roof over the student and alum sides

edit: typo

[This message has been edited by shmadams06 (edited 10/30/2009 2:50p).]
WestAustinAg
AG
Those are some awful designs. I hope they throw those in the trash and start over...with a new design firm.

1) too shallow second deck in the endzone. With weird back end to second deck where they put the jumbotrongs.
2) too much focus on the wrapping walk-ways. They shouldn't be seen anywhere from the field.
3) Field level suites are awful. I have seen those at nebraska and all they see are the feet of players and field equipment and band members walking to and fro.

Please please for all that is good and holy, hire someone with some esthetic sense!!
AggieLit
It's amazing how ugly we'll make our stadium look in order to offer a privileged position for the highrollers.

I know it brings a little extra money but I'd rather have class.
shmadams06
i suck at posting pics

www.fanblogs.com/091804kyle1.jpg is the link to the pic and it is the first image when you GIS kyle field expansion

[This message has been edited by shmadams06 (edited 10/30/2009 3:57p).]
FiTxAg04
AG
From their homepage, TCUs upgrades look awesome. Are the images of UNTs stadium the final design? WTF is up with that endzone? Their current "stadium" is far more attractive...
TXAGBQ76
AG
they chose the design firm they, because they specialize in football stadiums... I'll bet if you checked, the other firms mentioned do not do sports arenas
Duck Blind
AG
Can someone remind me WHY we built an observation deck on Bright, just to look at the ass end of an expanded south endzone?

It's like a crazy person was in charge of Kyle Field expansion from day one. "Let's put a deck here, maybe another deck there, don't connect anything, put another side of a tackle box in this area, add one more tackle box on this end...BOOM! We have a piecemeal stadium on a budget."
AggieArchitect04
AG
The flinching reactions to schematic design or character studies are always priceless.

HKS is pretty well known for stadiums. Not to say they got it all figured out but might keep in mind part of the purpose of these drawings is to solicit feedback so they can refine the design.

Also I doubt that there aren't some people representing A&M that have a heavy hand in saying what goes where. What would you expect the designer to do, completely ignore input or requirements set forth by the Owner?
Rick Deckard
AG
I really wouldn't like it if something like that, similar to the Zone, was added on the South. It still looks pieced together.

Honestly I would prefer a closed connected look like the newly renovated DKR stadium.
AgCAD00
Screw the architecture. The bigger problem is that we only have 10 guys on offense in the renderings.
trip
AG
hate it.
SRFL
Can't you at least sync up the Jumbotron with the field action? Or get the two opposing teams to be the same?

Nicely done Ags lol

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.