Watching Apocalypse WWI

4,903 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dead
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Benedict Arnold
You could put him on the list because of his traitorous action, but when given the chance to command, Arnold was one of the ablest commanders in the Continental Army.

Arnolds two weaknesses were his ego and being p-whipped.
TNAg76
AG
Cow Pie & Fries has it correct. Braxton Bragg has to be at the top of the list or tied there. The man pulled defeat from the jaws of victory more times than I can count. He could win a battle and not even follow up and press his win. Worse, he was cantankerous, always held a grudge, and even worse, Jeff Davis continued to have confidence in him, even unto the end.

As for Hood, he was promoted way over his head. He was an excellent division commander, but that was as high as he should have gone. In order to get the Army of Tennessee, he smoozed Davis for weeks while he recovered from his Chickamauga wound. He was not fit to command a squad, but Davis never like Johnson and was glad to replace him with a 'fighter'. Hood lived up to his billing and from Atlanta to Nashville decimated an army that was capable of carrying on the war under a competent commander, i.e. Cleburne.
dead
AG
TNAg76 said:

Cow Pie & Fries has it correct. Braxton Bragg has to be at the top of the list or tied there. The man pulled defeat from the jaws of victory more times than I can count. He could win a battle and not even follow up and press his win. Worse, he was cantankerous, always held a grudge, and even worse, Jeff Davis continued to have confidence in him, even unto the end.

As for Hood, he was promoted way over his head. He was an excellent division commander, but that was as high as he should have gone. In order to get the Army of Tennessee, he smoozed Davis for weeks while he recovered from his Chickamauga wound. He was not fit to command a squad, but Davis never like Johnson and was glad to replace him with a 'fighter'. Hood lived up to his billing and from Atlanta to Nashville decimated an army that was capable of carrying on the war under a competent commander, i.e. Cleburne.
Shiloh jumps out at me as a major loss
some of yall need to take a break from texags before the internet brain worms set in for good
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.