I made a comment to my wife while driving around Charleston, James Island and Sullivan's Island including a trip to Savannah, you can make a drinking game out of every time you see a church and/or a grave yard. You would end up blitzed off your ass after driving three blocks in town or 1/4 mile in the country. . They are freaking everywhere.

I did mark off several civil war battles sites that I have never been too. Fort Pulaski and Fort Lamar. I also made it to Morris Island and walked the beach in the "vicinity" of Battery Wagner. I missed out on the Hunley. They are only open Saturday and Sunday and tickets are limited.

Fort Lamar is better known for as the Battle of Secessionville.. The earthworks are pretty well off considering that they are only preserved in a county park.

Made it to Sumter and Moultrie which I previously had been to. Worth noting is that Battery Pinckney is now owned by the SCV. There is a large Confederate First National Flag flying over it.

Fort Pulaski was a first for me on this trip. I must say that isolation is something that hits you while you stand on it ramparts. It is totally standing out in the middle of marshland Seeing the exterior of the east wall is a must see