Union Pacific Locomotive 4141

1,527 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by EMY92
Cardiac Saturday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone heard of the plans for Union Pacific (UP) locomotive 4141 after 41's burial?

Was wondering if it will be preserved somewhere close by his library or returned to UP traditional service & colors.

Thanks !!

Cardiac
Aggie_3
Immediate plan is for UP 4141 to go back into Storage as of now long term is unsure but it will never be repainted. It has been painted and upkept in its current form since 2008
Cardiac Saturday
AG
Thanks Aggie_3!
Rabid Cougar
AG
There is conversation about it being donated to the Library/Museum at some point in time. After yesterday's performance I am sure that will be the case.
ABATTBQ87
AG
would be nice to have it run on football Saturday's to A&M from Spring; maybe add a dining car of 2 as well as the price of admission to the Presidential Library.
GDP
The iconic locomotive deserves to be preserved at the Bush Library !
aalan94
AG
Union Pacific will no doubt support any plans to preserve it as a testament to one of the greatest public relations coups in history. They managed to "sponsor" a presidential funeral with their logo on the side of the train with no one realizing it, complaining, or giving them backlash. I give them an A+ for the achievement.
IDAGG
AG
aalan94 said:

Union Pacific will no doubt support any plans to preserve it as a testament to one of the greatest public relations coups in history. They managed to "sponsor" a presidential funeral with their logo on the side of the train with no one realizing it, complaining, or giving them backlash. I give them an A+ for the achievement.
Yes that was one hell of a product placement.
EMY92
AG
I saw photos on one of the boards from the train in Omaha. It was still drawing crowds.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.