Time line project

921 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by oldarmy76
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am into history although not as passionate or as knowledgeable as many of you.

Starting in January I will spend a month on a decade of American History. I plan to devote at least an hour each day in that month reading research podcasts etc

January will be the everything before 1770s

February will be the 1770s alone with March as well as some decades will need more time.

I also will try to plan out some trips to coincide with these months like a Spring Break trip to Philadelphia or Boston possibility

What I am asking is what books and podcasts should I focus on for the month I am in. For instance January and the pre revolution time period

I am not a military history person in terms of actual military strategy if things like troop movement debate etc but rather how it shaped the history.

Obviously this is a roughly 4-5 year process but one I want to do especially with podcasts due to some new work related travel and desire to stop watching too much TV

Thoughts on a plan and what to focus on for the pre 1770s in a month ??
Smokedraw01
Revolutions has a pretty good one concerning the AR time period.
oldarmy76
This would be the best that I know of.

One other, the American military history podcast has already covered the American revolution, and does a decent overview.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.