Manuscript in a backstage hallway...

1,946 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by terata
Vestal_Flame
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vestal_Flame
AG
The attached picture is a manuscript that was casually hanging on a wall in a backstage hallway, through which I walked during the week-before-last. Particularly because the piece commemorates the Peninsular War, that I post it today should not be interpreted as a commentary on my sympathies regarding the 7/10 match.
BQ78
AG
Wo?
Vestal_Flame
AG
I don't understand the question.
OldArmy71
AG
Where did you see this MS?
Vestal_Flame
AG
Carnegie Hall. My older daughter performed there on the 29th.
OldArmy71
AG
Wow! Proud papa! Congratulations!
Vestal_Flame
AG
Quite. Thank you. It was an amazing moment.
BQ78
AG
Bet she practiced, practiced, practiced
terata
AG
Carnegie Hall....toss up off topic question...should A&M have a college of Music?
BQ78
AG
No
Vestal_Flame
AG
BQ78 said:

Bet she practiced, practiced, practiced
Yes, she did.
CanyonAg77
AG
terata said:

Carnegie Hall....toss up off topic question...should A&M have a college of Music?
Like many majors, we should pour money into the music department at one of the system schools, like WT. The main campus is already at/beyond capacity. Let's give students a reason to graduate from Texas A&M (fill in the blank) as opposed to the main campus.
Vestal_Flame
AG
A campus-by-major system would be a profound departure from our historical structure.
CanyonAg77
AG
Vestal_Flame said:

A campus-by-major system would be a profound departure from our historical structure.
And a 60,000 plus student main campus is not?
Vestal_Flame
AG
When I was an undergraduate, in 1995-1999, the campus was 45k people, IIRC. I am on campus quarterly, and I suspect that the difference in the experience between the current size and the 45k that I knew is LESS profound than the difference between the campus that I knew and the 25k campus at the time of my birth in 1975.

When I moved into Hotard Hall in the fall of 1995, we had a spare ol' lady, called an overassignment, and parking was terrible. And Sbisa was packed. And registration was a PITA.

How is that different from today?

There is a question to be asked. What is the right size of Texas A&M? I don't know. I think that the answer is a function of the willingness of the administration to invest in infrastructure.
aalan94
AG
For some reason, any music school at A&M that didn't turn out a bunch of neo-Sousa composers would feel wrong.
Vestal_Flame
AG
Quote:

neo-Sousa
I snorted.
terata
AG
Y'all don't stop name some neo -Sousa's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.