Anything on TV tonight about D-Day?

917 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by tmaggies
monarch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'm in my hotel room in OKC, but are there any movies or documentary's scheduled for TV tonight? Does anybody know of any and the channel?

AA
JABQ04
AG
Noticed that too. Missed recording The Longest Day on Memorial Day and figured it would be on today. I was wrong. So I watched BoB "Day of Days" instead
monarch
Cardiac Saturday
AG
People are starting to forget - sad day.
BrazosBendHorn
They marked the 74th anniversary on the ABC World News Tonight.

And the Washington Post ran a story about the Higgins Boat that made the D-Day invasion feasible ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/06/06/d-day-how-american-and-british-technology-helped-win-the-battle-and-world-war-ii/?utm_term=.ceddd59a39a2
monarch
S
Same can be said for Pearl Harbor Cardiac.

The Japanese don't really teach WWII in their schools, but they will tell you about Hiroshima and Nagasaki and what happened as a result of that.

I did a lot of my college history work on WWII, specifically on the Japanese. I was born in Hawaii, as were my parents and their parents and their parents and their parents. On the morning of the attack, my dad and his friends were at Waikiki surfing and saw Japanese torpedo bombers turn the corner around Diamond Head and zip straight into Pearl. My mother was walking out the front door with my grandmother to head down the hill in Pearl City to pick up the bus to go to church. My mom says that she had her hand on the door knob when the first explosion registered. In addition, Japanese bombers flew right over her house (not sure if they continued down the hill to the bus stop). My grandfather was at work at Pearl Harbor as a machinist in an aircraft repair facility. He did survive.
tmaggies
AG
Was also flipping thru channels this evening and unfortunately nothing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.