Where will you be for Muster?

574 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by aalan94
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG

At 1:22 p.m. CST, the sun is just rising over Sydney, Australia, the easternmost Texas A&M Club, and Aggie Muster Day dawns for Aggies everywhere. This most sacred tradition, observed on San Jacinto Day when Texas celebrates its independence from Mexico, remembers the Aggies who have gone before and their enduring Spirit, which will always remain the most essential part of the Aggie Network.

A scrolling list of the more than 1,600 Aggies on the Worldwide Roll Call for the Absent can now be seen at The Association of Former Students' website, AggieNetwork.com. This video is also displayed on the Alumni Center's Huddleston Video Wall and will be shown at the student-run Muster in Reed Arena at 7 p.m. Saturday.

This year, for the first time in the modern history of Aggie Muster, the entire Roll Call will be read aloud in a single locationwith Aggies answering "Here" for each and every name. Various volunteers will begin reading the Roll Call as the sun rises over Aggieland on Saturday from The Association of Former Students' Clayton W. Williams, Jr. Alumni Center; it will be fed through the public address system at the Alumni Center with exterior speakers carrying the reading to campus as well as livestreamed online at tx.ag/Here. A play back of the livestream will be available at tx.ag/Here soon after the Roll Call is finished.

In addition to the ceremonies in College Station, more than 300 Musters are set all around the world, connecting Aggies back to each other and the school. Find one near you at tx.ag/FindAMuster.

Where will you be for Muster? Will you answer "Here?"
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
HollywoodBQ
AG
I'll be at the Muster in Sydney tonight.
Tough year for Aggie Bandsmen from my era.
  • CDR David Ward '89
  • Mike McKnight '89
  • Bob Hess '92
  • Scott Pool '93
Also a CT from my class
  • Jason Prigge '92
aalan94
AG
I'll be doing Muster alone. Apparently, there are no other Ags at my base in Afghanistan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.