Life Magazine 1937 "Christmas in Naziland"

3,488 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sapper Redux
Aggies Revenge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We always get piles of magazines donated. Most of the time they are duplicates and we can't always use them, but they are sure fun to thumb through and see what life was like back then.

This one was very creepy for many reasons.

And perhaps the most amazing case of foreshadowing....
IDAGG
AG
That is pretty dang creepy!
Aggies Revenge
AG
IDAGG said:

That is pretty dang creepy!
I do take comfort in the fact, the more I am around such things, I continue to get creeped out. I guess that is a good sign that I just don't grow numb to all of the Nazi stuff I have to deal with.
Old Jock 1997
AG
Incredibly creepy.

What do you do that brings you in contact with Nazi memorabilia? Just a collector or something professional?
Cardiac Saturday
AG
That "ornament" is pure freaking evil.....
AtlAg05
AG
"Christmas relief for poverty stricken Austrian Jew haters"

Wow, I just can't even imagine being a writer and putting that in print.
AtlAg05
AG
I believe Aggies Revenge runs a museum.
EMY92
AG
At that point in the 30s, the American media loved Hitler and Stalin.
terata
AG
Hanging on to.those.
Aggies Revenge
AG
Old Jock 1997 said:

Incredibly creepy.

What do you do that brings you in contact with Nazi memorabilia? Just a collector or something professional?
I work at the Eisenhower Presidential Museum. Since the museum portion was originally built as a WWII museum we have a large collection of war trophies brought home. Just things like the head off the Hitler statue that was in front of Landsberg prison.

CanyonAg77
AG
The "ornament" is disgusting, but I can't help thinking the toy tank is pretty cool.
ClassOf17
Aggies Revenge said:

Old Jock 1997 said:

Incredibly creepy.

I work at the Eisenhower Presidential Museum. Since the museum portion was originally built as a WWII museum we have a large collection of war trophies brought home. Just things like the head off the Hitler statue that was in front of Landsberg prison.

Where is that and how much is it to visit?!
CanyonAg77
AG
Pretty sure he's at the Eisenhower Presidential museum and library, Abilene, Kansas. And yes, it is well worth a visit.
Aggies Revenge
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Aggies Revenge said:

Old Jock 1997 said:

Incredibly creepy.

Where is that and how much is it to visit?!
As Canyon said, I am at the Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum.
Fee Schedule

Starting in June, we will be going through a complete renovation, the first one since the early 1970's. As a result the main museum will be unavailable but we will have a condensed gallery built into the Library side. I will keep the HB updated on progress and the new look as it goes in.

Sapper Redux
EMY92 said:

At that point in the 30s, the American media loved Hitler and Stalin.

That would definitely not be true. There were individual journalists who supported one or the other, but to say "the media loved Hitler and Stalin" is not defensible.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.