great footage of the Red Baron

1,531 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Cen-Tex
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just saw this posted on FB and had to share. Amazing film. The narrative claims that you can see a young Goering in the background but I never could find him. Even as a young fighter pilot he was very recognizable to anyone familiar with him.
Enjoy...

https://videos.komando.com/watch/8095/ultra-rare-footage-of-the-most-famous-fighter-pilot-ever
Aggie Infantry
SRBS
Wow, that's awesome. At the end it looks like they are examining a plane he shot down and then talking to the captured pilot.

Great stuff!!
Post removed:
by user
Cen-Tex
AG
Noticed Hermann Goring at 3:05 in the film. He was the last commander of Richthofen's 'Flying Circus'.
The Original AG 76
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Noticed Hermann Goering at 3:05 in the film. He was the last commander of Richthofen's 'Flying Circus'.
yep..you found him. thank you..unlike damn near all of the rest of Hitler's inner circle , Hermann actually came from a solid background and was a genuine war hero. Yet as the war progressed he became the most unstable, erratic and possibly insane ( due to drugs) of the gang.
Corporal Punishment
AG
At 3:05 I don't see him. The pilot in the center of the frame at 3:00 kind of looks like him. Is that they guy we're talking about?
The Original AG 76
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

At 3:05 I don't see him. The pilot in the center of the frame at 3:00 kind of looks like him. Is that they guy we're talking about?
the pilot to the left that at the last moment turns toward the camera. He was quite thin back then.
Corporal Punishment
AG
That guy really turned into a fruitcake.

Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG

That guy really turned into a fruitcake.

Before he was a fruitcake he won the Blue Max, which I believe he is wearing in the picture, which was an actual top notch award for WW1 Germans. It was not given for purely political reasons but was merit and valor based.
Cen-Tex
AG

He's on the far left
The Original AG 76
AG
Cen-Tex said:

He's on the far left

Yes sir. And it appears that he's wearing the Pour le Mrite. That's our Hermann
Cen-Tex
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

Cen-Tex said:

He's on the far left

Yes sir. And it appears that he's wearing the Pour le Mrite. That's our Hermann
I believe Ernst Udet was also in the same WW1 squadron and recipient of the Pour le Merite (Blue Max)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.