Remember Goliad !

1,039 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ce1994
AG
Goliad is my favorite historical place in Texas.
tamu80
AG
Is there anything to see there now?
Rabid Cougar
AG
TAMC80 said:

Is there anything to see there now?
Presidio La Bahia
dcbowers
AG
If you plan a trip to Presidio La Bahia, I encourage you to book a night in the apartment that is located in the fort. It often books up a month or more in advance, but you "get the run of the fort" all night after the park people leave around 5:00 pm.

Some say that the fort is haunted, but I didn't see or hear any ghosts the night that I stayed there.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
huisachel
Right across the river is mission Espiritu Santo which is fully restored as well
BQ78
AG
And the Coleto Battlefield is a few miles east of town.
ce1994
AG
Coletto just shows how incompetent Fanin was. That or his scouts were actually secretly working for the Mexicans.
dcAg
There is a Fightin' Texas Aggie classmate of mine who is the Goliad County Judge there.
XpressAg09
AG
Quote:

Coletto just shows how incompetent Fanin was. That or his scouts were actually secretly working for the Mexicans.
Not sure about incompetent, but from the thread that covered basically all important decisions/letters/actions from January to April 1836, I'd say Fannin was more arrogant or insubordinate than anything. From what I recall, he wasn't a huge fan of Houston or Travis...
BQ78
AG
I think his retreat from Goliad was abysmal and showed how incompetent he was.

Still feel sorry for the guy, he pleaded with the Mexicans to send his gold watch to his son and to not shoot him in the face. After reassuring him they would abide by his wishes, they shot him in the face and stole his watch.
Rabid Cougar
AG
dcAg said:

There is a Fightin' Texas Aggie classmate of mine who is the Goliad County Judge there.
Wife's uncle and aunt live right across the river from La Bahia (in the pie shaped area between 90 and the Fairgrounds.) They have Live Oak witness trees in their yard for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.