Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

OTC fat burners

1,079 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Geriatric Punk
BoDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been on a great exercise/weight loss run for 12 weeks. Have had some success.

I have about 9 lbs to go but feeling like my body has said to itself that its going to hang on to whatever it has come hell or high water.

Has anyone had any fat burning supplement success stories they can share (sans Ozimpic)?
aggie4231
AG
I'm not an expert. But pretty much everyone out there will say diet is what will help you more than the weight loss stuff, especially fat burners.

Now saying that, I have used the JYM Supplements Fat Burner. It did help a little, but it's hard to say between exercise, diet, mounjaro (used for help with being a diabetic) how much the fat burner was doing.
TAMUG'04 Marine Fisheries.
bigtruckguy3500
Fat burners don't work. Most are just caffeine with some other questionable ingredients. The only OTC fat burner that used to work was HydroxyCut when it had ephedra in it. Even then, it really only worked by appetite suppression, as most stimulants will weirdly suppress appetite.

Also, if you're doing extreme workouts or diets in order to lose weight, taking some of these fat burners can be harmful.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Fat burner don't work.

If they did, it'd be obsolete
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Fat burners don't work. Most are just caffeine with some other questionable ingredients. The only OTC fat burner that used to work was HydroxyCut when it had ephedra in it. Even then, it really only worked by appetite suppression, as most stimulants will weirdly suppress appetite.

Also, if you're doing extreme workouts or diets in order to lose weight, taking some of these fat burners can be harmful.
Ripped Fuel with Ephedrine was my goto. Lost a ton of weight. Wouldn't do that again though...I was in my 20s and could afford the sped up heart rate.
Diggity
AG
Time travel back to the 90's and grab some mini thins.
P.U.T.U
AG
Lol good ole Ripped Fuel, used that before football games in high school
texag06ish
AG
Eat less calories than your body burns. Focus on protein and build your other macro targets around that.
BoDog
AG
yes, I am going to try to ramp up the protein while still limiting the calories.

I have no doubt been doing a calorie deficit each day and it came off quick but now I have completely plateaued and my body is now having none of it.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
BoDog said:

yes, I am going to try to ramp up the protein while still limiting the calories.

I have no doubt been doing a calorie deficit each day and it came off quick but now I have completely plateaued and my body is now having none of it.
may have to refeed
texag06ish
AG
Do your best to confirm the calories you are burning and adjust intake, output or both. Good luck!
NoahAg
Cut out processed foods, wheat, grains, and dairy and you'll lose wait.
Eat meat, fruit, and vegetables.
Whole30
BoDog
AG
I think this is the key. I seldom if ever eat dairy (other than cheese as a topping), but sneak the occasional processed food more often than I should.

Actually Im a vegetarian (I know I'm weird) but the change has been like night and day- but thats a topic for another day. Get majority of my protein from beans and eggs.
Tex117
AG
Eat less.

Geriatric Punk
AG
texag06ish said:

Eat less calories than your body burns. Focus on protein and build your other macro targets around that.

Really is that simple. Plus, you fill up more when you eat protein and fiber rich foods. Bread sucks.

Good work so far. Best of luck going forward.

Life's an endless party, not a punch card.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.