Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Carnivore lunch ideas

3,398 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by proudaggie02
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have some good, cheap carnivore lunch ideas? I have been getting 12 burger patties at In-N-Out most days, but it is really putting a strain on my budget.
emando2000
AG
More of a curiosity question.

What's the caloric intake for someone on a carnivore diet? I love meat I'm curious to know how much steak or ground meat people eat on an average meal.

I can down almost a pound of ground meat with dinner. If I eat chicken, I'm usually hungry not long after my meal.
AggieOO
12 fast food burger patties most days? Seriously?
emando2000
AG
Whoa! Somehow, I didn't read the whole in and out thing.

Why don't you try cooking grassfed ground beef? HEB has the 2 lb 2 pack for $12.99 if I'm not mistaken. That's my go to but if you're eating In & Out, you can cook simply cook the value pack that HEB patties. I like ground beef because it's still flavorful to me after reheating.
True Anomaly
AG
93/7 or leaner ground beef, cooked up with whatever flavor rub you want

Some places do sell 96/4, and with the right seasoning can still be very tasty despite the decreased fat content
CC09LawAg
This. I eat a half pound of ground beef every afternoon and it's fine. I mix in ground chicken sometimes for variety.

I couldn't imagine wasting money buying it from a fast food joint. Hell I ate it cold the other day and it was fine that way too.
mrmill3218
AG
I have done ground beef in the past and will go back to that. Thank you!
bam02
AG
Yeah ground beef is your wallet's friend. I do ground beef with some onion, cheese, and avocado mixed in. Sprinkle in some salt, pepper, and garlic.
proudaggie02
AG
I eat a decent amount of ground beef, but also a lot of salmon, shrimp, tuna, chicken, and egg whites. Are seafood and chicken a no-go on carnivore?
True Anomaly
AG
proudaggie02 said:

I eat a decent amount of ground beef, but also a lot of salmon, shrimp, tuna, chicken, and egg whites. Are seafood and chicken a no-go on carnivore?
There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to eating. Your diet doesn't need a label. If you enjoy supplementing ground beef with the other meats and fish, and you're able to stay lean and healthy, then why alter it to fit someone else's definition of "carnivore"?

When a carnivore diet works for weight loss, it's because it's a super high protein diet.
When people fail on carnivore and keep gaining weight, it's because they're adding too much fat to their high protein diet

You can just recreate the high protein diet with lean meats and it would fit whatever definition of "carnivore" you want to assign it
STL_aTm
AG
I smoke a brisket just about every weekend and then vacuum seal into 1.5lbs bags. I eat that most days. With hamburger, meatloaf, bacon & eggs mixed in.

I go for fattier meats though. Keeps me full and I feel like my body runs way more efficiently with high fat meats
Woods Ag
AG
I make a pound worth of smash patties and cheese with a few eggs.

Also I make beef summer sausage with jalepeno and cheese and slice some cheddar and eat that often too
GeorgiAg
AG
Panda Express, believe it or not, has a decent keto option. I guess you could make it carnivore too by leaving off the greens. They have grilled teriyaki chicken there that they chop up --- all it is is meat with no sauce. They give you a sauce packet but you don't have to use it. I get that with the super greens (cabbage, kale, broccoli) They have a good chili sauce packet that is good on the chickenf. The chicken is marinated so it has some carbs but not much.

Chick fil A has grilled nuggets. You can also get the grilled filet for $5 without the bun.

I order these with the app - you get free food after a while. Super fast for a work lunch.

But to make sure you are low carb - meal prep is the only way to go.
emando2000
AG
Panda Express & Chick-fil-A do not belong in a health & fitness convo.
GeorgiAg
AG
Chik Fil A Grilled Filet (no bun)
110 calories
2g fat
1g carb
21 g protein

Panda Express Terriyaki Chicken
7g total carbs, 7g net carbs, 11g fat, 30g protein, and 250 calories

Panda Express Super Greens
90 Cal
4g sugar
6g protein

What are you eating, dirt?
emando2000
AG
GeorgiAg said:

110 calories
2g fat
1g carb
21 g protein

90 Cal
4g sugar
6g protein

Cook your food, that simple. You control what goes into the process.
GeorgiAg
AG
I agree and said so in my original reply. Meal prep is the only way to go. And you save a boat load of money.

But when I haven't done so and I'm in a pinch for time, those are serviceable options other than just picking the buns off a hamburger. I hate eating salads. 5 Guys sells patties only so that works.

Eggs and chicken at Waffle House work ok too. With bacon, of course.

True Anomaly
AG
emando2000 said:

GeorgiAg said:

110 calories
2g fat
1g carb
21 g protein

90 Cal
4g sugar
6g protein

Cook your food, that simple. You control what goes into the process.
If you understood macros well enough, you can easily eat fast food healthy. That simple
aggiegolfer03
AG
emando2000 said:

Panda Express & Chick-fil-A do not belong in a health & fitness convo.
there's more salt than there has to be in some of the choices, but I'd like to hear why not...
aggiegolfer03
AG
GeorgiAg said:

110 calories
2g fat
1g carb
21 g protein

90 Cal
4g sugar
6g protein

seriously. you can even get fruit (unbastadized) as your side with a grilled nugget combo from chick-fil-a.

Is it PERFECT? no...but **** perfect.
proudaggie02
AG
True Anomaly said:

proudaggie02 said:

There is no "right or wrong" when it comes to eating. Your diet doesn't need a label. If you enjoy supplementing ground beef with the other meats and fish, and you're able to stay lean and healthy, then why alter it to fit someone else's definition of "carnivore"?

When a carnivore diet works for weight loss, it's because it's a super high protein diet.
When people fail on carnivore and keep gaining weight, it's because they're adding too much fat to their high protein diet

You can just recreate the high protein diet with lean meats and it would fit whatever definition of "carnivore" you want to assign it

Preaching to the choir. I think carnivore is unnecessarily restrictive from what I know about it from people that are on it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.