I've had chronic back pain for over a decade. In 2020 I had an MRI done that showed spondylolysthesis, 4 bulging discs, torn disc, degenerative disc disease, arthritis.

Pain has gradually continued to get worse to the point it's severely impacting my life and ability to do things. New doctor ordered an updated MRI. Referred me to an imaging place that, once I got there, seemed pretty seedy. But anyway, I figured and MRI is an MRI regardless of where it's done.

But here's my question...my back pain has gotten worse, but doctor said the imaging shows it's gotten better? Is it possible whoever read my results just missed some things?

Here's what they saw in the updated MRI:
3 of 4 discs no longer bulging, tear was healed.
One disc now fully ruptured.
Grade 1 spondylolysthesis (I could've sworn it was grade 2 or more last time)
Absolutely no degenerative disc disease or arthritis.

Everything I know says arthritis is progressive. It doesn't just heal on its own. So seems suspect that I had it in 2020, but not in 2024? Is it possible that whoever read the imaging either year could've gotten it so wrong? Is it worth taking my results to someone else to have them read them, or should I just assume the doctor knows what he's talking about? And if I take them elsewhere, how do I do that? How do I find someone to just "read" the results and verify?