Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

F45 Gym Question

1,091 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Outlaw0206
Outlaw0206
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious if anyone has ever tried one of these gyms? I was considering giving it a shot to do something different than my normal self-pace workout routine.
Matsui
AG
They do give away free classes to try it out. I'm sure you will get a great workout.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I do a similar style of classes (diff gym) and really enjoy them. Theyre great workouts crammed into less than an hour.
Counterpoint
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

Theyre great workouts crammed into less than an hour.

Let me guess...45 minutes?
FancyKetchup14
AG
Counterpoint said:

FancyKetchup14 said:

Theyre great workouts crammed into less than an hour.

Let me guess...45 minutes?

CLB2008
AG
Been a weights/gym guy my whole life so thought I would try out F45 to mix things up.
Dont remember the exact cost but its pretty expensive. Cost was the only reason I didnt sign up. They offer a free week, which my wife and I did and loved it. Never walked out of there feeling like I didnt wreck myself and have to puke.

The different type of class per day was nice too. If price isnt an issue, I would recommend it.
wangus12
AG
Wife and I did it for a few years. My only issue was price. Pretty solid workouts. We really enjoyed a lot of the people we met through the gym. We left when the ownership sold it and management went to ****
CoolaidWade
AG
It's only 45 minutes but the class is on rails. Or, you follow the prompts on the screens and they keep time and tell you where to go so every minute is maximized. That really works for them.

But honestly, I don't think it's a good workout. If your goal is to lose weight then Orangetheory is better. If your goal is to get stronger and gain muscle mass then lifting in your own garage or a Golds or LA fitness is better. It only really benefits a small audience.

Not to throw a wrench but google ISI Training. I started the one in San Antonio and it's fantastic. Much more variety and it kicks my ass. Very similar to F45 but the format lends to doing more then lifting for 45 seconds on and resting for 15-20 which is most of F45 classes.
Outlaw0206
AG
Greatly appreciate all the feedback!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.