Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Protein-rich snacks with relatively low calories

5,439 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Tailgate88
94chem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sea Speed said:

94chem said:

10andBOUNCE said:

94chem said:

80g of protein in a 15 oz can of chub mackerel. Only 410 calories. Can't wait for lunch!!

Yet people will line up to chug whey protein with sweeteners that came from a chemistry lab.

Canned meat of any kind is very gross with canned fish being the worst offender.

Gross or not, sardines, anchovies, and mackerel are excellent food choices.

Can't always get my blue crabs...but I'm gonna get a real trap
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Sea Speed
AG
Thats one thing I miss so much about our coastal home was crab traps in the backyard
texag06ish
AG
Great thread.

H-E-B Bone Broth (Chicken or Beef). 120/135 calories per jar (3 cups). 27 grams of Protein. IMO, the Chicken flavor tastes better and is less calories.
texag06ish
AG
The Praseks meat sticks are awesome. Thanks for the recommendation.
jejdag
I can never get fish close enough to my nose to get them in my mouth. Gag reflex triggers and it's a no-go.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
I can't eat a hard boiled egg without thinking about Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke.
dahouse
AG
I boil eggs all the time for quick breakfast after the gym. Don't "hard boil" them. I've tried several tactics and this is the one that peels best and has nice creamy yolks, not chalky. (Chalky yolks smell like sulfur)

Bring water to a boil
Place eggs in and get it to a simmer, set timer to 8:30
Prepare an ice bath, just put ice and water in a bowl big enough for your egg count
When time is up, put the eggs in the ice bath.

They peel easy. I toss mine in cajun seasoning or S&P then put them in ziploc bags with a paper towel. Grab and go,

Also, if you do the same method and boil for 5 minutes you get a runny yolk. Peel them and put them on avocado toast. When you cut into it its beautiful
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Tailgate88
AG
I get the same result in the Instant Pot. 5 minutes, immediate manual release, put them in the ice bath. Easy peel and runny yolks. Perfect. Sprinkle with Slap yo Mama. I eat two with lunch every day.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.