Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

**** 2024 Fat Loss & Health Goals ****

47,295 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by bagger05
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Austin Half Marathon in 1:45:33. This was my 10th half-marathon, and I have ran one full marathon (2022 Austin Marathon).
bagger05
AG
Nicely done!
bagger05
AG
7 day avg weight down another 2.69 lbs last week.

Raw weight loss is 17.2 lbs since 1/6.

Total 7 day avg weight loss is 14.91 lbs since 1/11.
bagger05
AG
So far I've been averaging 2.68 lbs/wk.

That line getting steeper coincides almost exactly with when I hurt my shoulder and stopped my lifting routine. I've been doing a lot of HIIT since then but I think I'm losing weight faster because I'm not hanging on to as much muscle.

I've heard max weight loss without losing muscle is about 1% per week. I'm a little faster than that lately so looking forward to getting back in the gym this week. Probably a week or two away from pressing again but I can work legs, back, and arms (along with some shoulder PT exercises).

Not too worried about it. Definitely don't want to lose a lot of muscle, but even though I have a lot of weight I want to lose I'm still pretty strong pound-for-pound. If I can maintain or even minimize losses on my strength while I'm dropping all this weight I will be in great shape.

Room to improve on getting steps and sleep. Want to get back on that this week as well.

Agzonfire
Agzonfire said:

Agzonfire said:

Current: 263
June goal: 250
2024 goal: 240

Update. 258 this morning. If I hit goals early, I'm good with that. I didn't want to put out some crazy number that would seem unattainable at the time. Or maybe I go under the goal weights and then slowly gain to where I still hit the numbers. I don't know, I just want this to be something that lasts and not a 1-2 month sprint.

256. 2lbs a month isn't impressive but I'll take it! Going on night walks after the baby goes to bed has been nice. Helps me relax and wind down. I'm excited for when we time change and we can go on walks after dinner again.
bagger05
AG
I'm a mere 0.8 lbs from being down 20.

Eating lots of fiber today lol.
Ryan the Temp
AG
bagger05 said:

I'm a mere 0.8 lbs from being down 20.

Eating lots of fiber today lol.
Nothing like a power dump to get you across the line, amirite?
bagger05
AG
Didn't make it (despite my best efforts). Weight was up 0.2 today.

Day-to-day these measurements are pretty meaningless. And I know this. But doesn't keep me from hoping I am down a little bit every single morning.
JAW3336
AG
bagger05 said:

Day-to-day these measurements are pretty meaningless. And I know this. But doesn't keep me from hoping I am down a little bit every single morning.
That is my struggle. My wife keeps saying don't weigh yourself everyday, but I can't help it.
bagger05
AG
I think weighing in every day is much better.

There are a lot of times where my weight compared to the previous week was flat or even up a little, but it was a spike. If that happens a few times in a row it can feel like you're making very little progress.

Lots of times on my spreadsheet where my raw weight compared to last week is up a little, but my 7-day average weight is down two or three pounds.

I think more data is better.
BassCowboy33
bagger05 said:

I slipped below 155 for the first time yesterday. back up over 156 today. The key for me is week-by-week. My average weight is down each week by at least 1.3 lbs.
bagger05
AG
Yep I track every day and consider my "official" weight to be my 7-day average.
Leggo My Elko
AG
I've been losing weight and get on the scale every few days, last week I jumped on and was 6 pounds heavier than the proceeding weigh in and where I'd been treading around. I've had times I'd be a couple pounds heavier or lighted than around what I'd expect, but never 6. A few days later my next weigh in I was right back to where I thought I should be. I try to take any single measurement w/ a grain of salt and don't put to much stock in a major outlier positive or negative. It's the average and trend that matters.
Ryan the Temp
AG
bagger05 said:

I'm the same way, and it's hard to resist the urge to get down on myself when the number is the same or goes the other direction. I always try to measure progress in other ways, like my clothes fitting better or me feeling good and having more energy. I know after a while, if I continue doing the right things, that my body will eventually "correct" itself and I'll see a drop.
bagger05
AG
Yeah for what I'm doing it's just arithmetic. Eventually it'll get more complicated but really there's only one way to mess it up for me right now (eating too many calories).
BassCowboy33
BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

BassCowboy33 said:

12/15/23
Ht: 5'05"
Wt: 174
nFFMI: 25.02
BF%: ~17%

I weighed 174 in mid December when I started my goal to be down to about 160 by mid-March. I have floated between 170-180 since about 2014. I'm built like a tank with a mesomorph body, so BMI and Navy standards always have a problem with me (Was always sent to the "fat" line for weigh-ins).

My progress has been stunning, and I'm crashing through what I thought possible.

1/22/24
Wt: 163
nFFMI: 24.04
BF%: ~15%

80% of this is clean eating. I started ordering daily meals from Factor, which usually are chicken/pork and a vegetable, ranging from 400-900 Calories. For snacks, it's either a fruit (cherries/peaches/apple sauce), a slice of prosciutto, or a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter. The goal is to hit between 1600-2200 Calories six days per week. I do take creatine, using the HCl dosage. It's what we used to take playing football in college, and I got away from it after an emergency surgery in 2014 when my appendix staged a coup. Dinner is usually about 4 oz of steak or a few scrambled eggs with Tabasco, coupled with the aforementioned snacks.

I have a cheat meal each week, where I eat whatever I want, but I usually plan that. For example, Sunday was a Large Wing Combo from Wingstop with +5 wings on the side. A week ago, it was 2 Chipotle burritos plus chips and guac. I've found this keeps me on track and keeps cravings away.

The workouts have become essential as well. It's divided into three parts upper/lower/run, one per day with a rest day. I do each twice per week. I am also a walking fiend. I aim to hit 10,000 steps/day but routinely crush through 15,000/day. I was a walking dude before any of this weight loss started, so I'm on about a 70-day streak of breaking 10,000 steps. I've also lowered my mile time by about 1:15/mile, which is huge for a slow a guy like me. Resting heart rate has dropped from about 65bpm to 57 bpm.

Last week at the office, I had multiple people ask me if I'd lost weight and told me I looked younger. Midsection definition has returned, but abs are not fully formed yet. Upper chest definition has returned as well. Now, that I'm smashing through the original goal, I'm aiming for 150. I ran a marathon in 2012 at about 145.

01/31/24
Wt: 160.4 lbs

02/05/24
Wt: 158.8 lbs

Had a couple of superfluous days. I smashed a large popcorn and Coke Zero at the movies the other day and did a story at a sports bar, where I downed some delicious wings. Still dropped for the week, so we're good.
2/11/24
Wt: 155.8 lbs

Checking in a day early, because Super Bowl Cheat Day. Had to order a new belt this week.
2/18/24
Wt: 155.0 lbs
2/25/24
Wt: 155.0 lbs
7Wt: 155.5 lbs
HWt: 157.4 lbs
LWt: 154.3 lbs
ChW: -1.3 lbs

Per our conversations, I'm going to start including my high, low, and seven-day average weights in this to give a more realistic look.
bagger05
AG
7 day average weight down 1.80 lbs last week.

Overall my 7-day average weight is down 16.71 lbs since 1/11.

That's an average of 2.6 lbs per week.

Hopefully at some point this week I see 209.X which would be more than 20 lbs (raw weight).

Back in the gym (still a little limited) which feels good. Can do better about getting steps. Today marks 50 consecutive days of tracking my food.

Semi-transparent line represents a pace of 1% per week. White dots are individual weigh-ins. Blue line is my trailing 7-day average. Tracking along nicely so far.

CFTXAG10
AG
Ive switched things up a bit since last check-in. Working out 3-4 days a week with mostly lifting. Could not sustain lunch time workouts, so I sneak out of the house at about 5:45am and get to the gym at 6am. Its been a game changer. Ive never been a morning person but these last couple of weeks I am loving it. Not a lot of movement on the scale, but getting stronger and I can see/feel the results.
bagger05
AG
Down 20.4 lbs since 1/6.
CFTXAG10
AG
Thats awesome! Congrats and keep it up
bagger05
AG
Thanks. Still a ways to go to hit my ultimate goals but this is really good progress so far. Been pleased with my discipline.
texag06ish
AG
YTD cumulative totals:
Weight: Down 23.2lbs
Total Exercise time: 80 hours, 37 min and 39 seconds
Total Active Calories Burned: 38,154

Between 2/4 and 2/26 I've lost 6.4lbs of body fat and gained .3lbs of muscle mass.

I am 6.5 months into this journey and I'm 9.8lbs away from my original goal of losing 100lbs. New goal is to get my total body fat into the 15-18% range.
CFTXAG10
AG
I wish I would have done a body scan Jan 1. Everything is fitting better and I see the differences but the scale has not moved much since my 229 weigh in on Feb 2nd. I am perfectly fine with that, but I would like to track my fat loss and muscle gain moving forward. Gonna set one up for the end of the week or early next week. Another beautiful thing is getting stronger in my lifts. That early January weight, in the words of the legend Mr. Coleman, is LIGHT WEIGHT BABAY!
bagger05
AG
Sick results.

Keep chasing the next goal.
bagger05
AG
Friend of mine advised me to find some stuff that weighs 20 lbs to put it in perspective.

20 lbs is about six bottles of wine. I put six into one of those little carrier bags and recognized I used to be carrying that around all day every day a couple months ago.

Seeing the weight tick down a little every day is very cool but it's also cool to stop and appreciate it this way.
bagger05
AG
texag06ish said:

YTD cumulative totals:
Weight: Down 23.2lbs
Total Exercise time: 80 hours, 37 min and 39 seconds
Total Active Calories Burned: 38,154

Between 2/4 and 2/26 I've lost 6.4lbs of body fat and gained .3lbs of muscle mass.

I am 6.5 months into this journey and I'm 9.8lbs away from my original goal of losing 100lbs. New goal is to get my total body fat into the 15-18% range.

92 lbs is like 17 six packs of 12 oz cokes.

Hell of an accomplishment. Very inspiring.
texag06ish
AG
Thanks for the kind words.
Ryan the Temp
AG
bagger05 said:

Friend of mine advised me to find some stuff that weighs 20 lbs to put it in perspective.

20 lbs is about six bottles of wine. I put six into one of those little carrier bags and recognized I used to be carrying that around all day every day a couple months ago.

Seeing the weight tick down a little every day is very cool but it's also cool to stop and appreciate it this way.
I have an Excel spreadsheet with a formula that tells me how big a ball of the fat I've lost would be and has basketball and beach ball diameters for comparison.
bagger05
AG
That is awesome
bagger05
AG
My gym friend just walked up to me and said "dude have you lost weight? You're lookin good"
BassCowboy33
bagger05 said:

My gym friend just walked up to me and said "dude have you lost weight? You're lookin good"
One of our main lady anchors stopped me in the parking lot last week and asked if I'd lost weight. Said I was looking great on the TVs.

One of our national Telemundo anchors was in town a couple weeks back. I'd worked with him in my previous market. He flew back to Texas and told people at my old station that I'd "gotten skinny".
bagger05
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

bagger05 said:

One of our main lady anchors stopped me in the parking lot last week and asked if I'd lost weight. Said I was looking great on the TVs.
My gym friend is a dude. You win.
texag06ish
AG
That's awesome!

A few of the gym bros have given me kind words. It's great to hear positive reinforcement from people who are also putting in work.
TXTransplant
Two new PRs on hip thrust today: 6 reps at 365 lbs and 4 at 385 lbs.

Have also squeaked out 6 pull-ups a few times.

Unfortunately, the scale has been a frustration. I haven't seen a number below 137 and change. I think I'm going to have to be really strict to get back under 135, and I'm just not motivated to do it consistently.
bagger05
AG
Progress comes in many forms. Congrats on the work so far.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.