Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

FitDay exercise-calorie tracking App discontinued - Any suggestions for replacement?

1,908 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bam02
100% Pure Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For 10+ years I've used FitDay app for tracking all exercise, food, weight tracking. Has been an awesome app. But they discontinued it and I can't find an App that tracks everything FitDay did. Ugh!

Anyone using an App that tracks all or most of the above? I've looked at about 10 and none of them do it all.

Any suggestions would be EXTREMELY appreciated. TiA.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I've used MyFitnessPal before and it was pretty useful. If you have a FitBit, their app is pretty useful. I recently switched to it for my food tracking in addition to the weight and exercise I was already tracking with it. Both of these apps seem to have robust food databases and the ability to scan barcodes for food tracking.
bigtruckguy3500
Aww man. Brings back memories. I think I started using fitday.com around 2005, maybe earlier. Used it until about 2012/2013 when I switched to myfitnesspal as fitday didn't have an app at the time.

Myfitnesspal is ok, their website is a little buggy for me lately. And their app isn't as useful if you're on the free version as it used to be, but still it's pretty good. Good database of foods, and commercial products. If you buy the paid version, the barcode scanner utility is really handy.

Don't have any experience with any others.
FratboyLegend
I use my fitness pal (paid version, it's cheap) and it tracks all of the above.

I also use Apple Health and the two communicate well.

The GUI on my fitness pal is improving, but still isn't super slick. If someone has a suggestion for an upgrade, please advise.

Having said that, I use it daily ( hourly) to track calories and it is very effective once you get used to the interface.

Hardware is iPhone and Apple Watch, which are integral to my tracking system.

I have had great weight loss / weight management / heath improvement success with this system.

Pm with any questions.
#CertifiedSIP
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I've used Healthi App (paid version) longer than MFP or anything I"ve ever used... it's simple to use and easy to enter information.

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
MyNetDiary does all that plus lots of macro calculators. Not free through.
wessimo
AG
Started using Loseit! after MFP started charging for the bar code scanner. Happy with the free features so far and the premium version is only $20 if you want macros and other stuff.
ukbb2003
The barcode scan function on my fitness pal saves a ton of time. I was sad when they took it away from the free version. To get people to start tracking this stuff, it has to be simple and quick or people will give up.
bam02
AG
Can you share how you get premium for $20? I use it and it says $40 to upgrade to premium for me.
wessimo
AG
It has been constantly offering me half off. If you just signed up wait a few days and the offer should pop up at some point.
bam02
AG
Thanks for the reply, but no I've been using it daily for probably 4-5 months. Anytime I click on the upgrade/unlock deal it is 39.99/year.

Are you seeing the offer in the app or on an email?
wessimo
AG
I have gotten offers for 50-60 percent off both in app and by email
bam02
AG
Ok I'll keep checking. Thanks
WestTxWood88
AG
I've tried them all and settled on Cronometer, best macro / micro data out there and the easiest to use and stay within Keto specs.
ukbb2003
Ok, follow-up question. Anyone have a good meal planning app? Looking beyond tracking my intake, looking to plan everything out to make sure I hit all my targets.
bam02
AG
wessimo said:

I have gotten offers for 50-60 percent off both in app and by email

I saw a notification for 50% off today and went ahead with it. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.