Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Bulk Meals

1,247 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgLiving06
mrmill3218
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are some good, easy, healthy meals that I can make during the week? I workout at lunch and need something I can keep in the fridge at work that I can go to after a workout and just throw on a plate and put in the microwave. I've been experiencing some issues with hunger and just need something I can feast on.
aggiespartan
AG
cook a whole chicken and make some rice.
pinkdog
You sound like a

?odnHeight=768&odnWidth=768&odnBg=FFFFFF
mrmill3218
AG
I am a very hungry man. What's the best way to cook rice?
Max Power
AG
Not being sarcastic, but a rice cooker. I could make great rice on the stovetop before, not sure what the deal is with our current stove but I can't seem to get it right anymore. Been using a cheap rice cooker instead, problem solved.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Read meat, white rice, spinach, and have some bone broth to put on it after.

I like this taste wise considerably more than the standard chicken, broccoli, and rice; and it's better micronutrient wise.
pinkdog

I find this rice easy to cook, hard to mess up. If you are a person really looking to get all the extra calories you need rice-a-roni is stick to your ribs good. Avocado and peanut butter are good mix-ins to add fat to a meal.
aggiespartan
AG
The boil in bag rice is super easy, but a rice cooker with a timer is wonderful. Ours will also cook steel cut oats if you are into oatmeal. It's super convenient.
mrmill3218
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Read meat, white rice, spinach, and have some bone broth to put on it after.

I like this taste wise considerably more than the standard chicken, broccoli, and rice; and it's better micronutrient wise.
This sounds really good. Already told my wife this is what I need to do.
mrmill3218
AG
I'm not a fan of the boil in a bag rice because I don't like the idea of boiling plastic and then consuming the rice out of the bag.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Yeah I'm weird and can eat the same thing almost daily as long as I like it, and this is the meal I do that with. I also have some cheese on it, left that out of the list somehow.
bigtruckguy3500
I make Red Beans & Rice that lasts me for about 5-7 meals. Can add chicken to it, extra beans, another protein source.

Can also do an egg bake with a bunch of different veggies. So long as you don't mind eating eggs at random times.

PB&J freezes well.

Can buy black bean spaghetti that's high protein/fiber, lowish carb, that you can make in advance and it'll last 4-5 days.
aggiebrad94
AG
I love putting a ton of different veggies in the Cuisinart are making chopped veggies. Then, just scoop out a couple of serving spoonfuls over whatever meat you choose that day. Or, it goes great with black beans, rice, pasta, etc. A big bowl in the fridge usually lasts 5 or 6 meals.
AgLiving06
mrmill3218 said:

I'm not a fan of the boil in a bag rice because I don't like the idea of boiling plastic and then consuming the rice out of the bag.

Get a rice cooker and cook in bulk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.