Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Rower recommendation?

3,690 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Vernada
JoeOlson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I generally hear the Concept 2 is basically a no brainer - wife is pregnant and I'm realizing that my "road time" is going to be a bit limited in the very near future and I've always enjoyed rowing at the gym. Any general guidance for a garage/home gym setup? Something foldable/movable would be great
90 bull
AG
Went through the same decision last year. The general consensus is to get the concept 2. We bought it from amazon and was very pleased with it. My wife used it more than I do, but we both are pleased with it.
bam02
AG
Concept 2. It doesn't fold but it disassembles easily and also stands up for storage. Rock solid. Just wipe the rail down after every use.
Macpappy99
AG
Currently on the waitlist for a concept2. Signed up at the end of July and should be able to order the beginning of October. Looked at a few others. There were two main things that factored into my decision. The ability to repair it myself and resale value.
Broncos
Macpappy99 said:

Currently on the waitlist for a concept2.
Impatiently waiting as well.
Diggity
AG
I have a Concept 2 in Houston that I wouldn't mind getting selling. I liked it fine but my wife got a Peloton and it's a bit tight in my office/gym now.

It has the PM3 monitor rather than the PM5. As far as I can tell, that just means no wireless HR monitor option.

Let me know if either of ya'll are interested.
Broncos
I'm possibly interested. What's a good e-mail?
Diggity
AG
scottrose@gmail.com
Broncos
Got it.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Concept2. Had mine since 2013. I use it three times a week.
JoeOlson
AG
Thanks everyone! Super helpful
Macpappy99
AG
The rogue fitness site has them available for order now will probably run out soon.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I have a 6mo old Concept2 Model D PM5 I might let go for the right price. Honestly would need to do some research on where the market is right now.

Located north of Dallas.
bam02
AG
Carol Baskin said:

I have a 6mo old Concept2 Model D PM5 I might let go for the right price. Honestly would need to do some research on where the market is right now.

Located north of Dallas.

If you bought it and don't use it enough to want to keep it I'd say knock a certain percentage off what you paid and post it here for someone in who wants one but can't find one. I'm not in the market, by the way... But that's what I'd do.
Pepper Brooks
AG
It's not that, I use it as much as I expected. I've seen a few rowers go up in the neighborhood and it seems like the market is high on well cared for used equipment. The price I saw on the other rower today was 50% higher than what I paid in March,

The prospect of turning a profit on it is what prompted me to speak up. This might not be the appropriate place for that.
ptothemo
AG
You're correct about the very last part.
Scriffer
AG
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3136435

Saw this on Classifieds if anyone is interested
Macpappy99
AG
CuriousAg
Anyone have the NordicTrack RW900 with the screen for personal training? Seems a lot like the Peloton.

What makes the Concept 2 better than something like NordicTrack?

In the market for a rower and beginning my research.
Ag92NGranbury
AG
I'm curious as well... in the market for a rower and a treadmill...

Opinions welcome
zachsccr
AG
All I'll say, is the ability to workout at home with little kids is huge. Treadmill, spin bike, rower, home gym, doesn't matter. Whatever you'll use the most is worth it regardless of price.
Vernada
AG
Because of a back injury that will most likely plague me going forward, I'm thinking a rower should be in my future too.
Vernada
AG
Currently on the waitlist for a Concept 2. Emails are telling me I can order at the end of January.
Vernada
AG
Weekly update said Jan 28 is my expected order date.

Anyone know how long to expect between ordering and delivery?
bam02
AG
14-16 weeks.

J/K sorry I have no clue. Hope you get it soon!
Vernada
AG
Ha! Right! After waitlisting forever, that'd be about right.

According to their website, it will ship FedEx or UPS within a few days of ordering.

I just didn't know if that was still the case with the way things currently are.

It sure would be nice to get it in early Feb!
UpstateAg
AG
When it became my turn for the bikeerg, it was delivered in 2 days. I have the rower, and even after using it for two years, multiple times a week, it still is my enemy. Enjoy
Vernada
AG
UpstateAg said:

When it became my turn for the bikeerg, it was delivered in 2 days. I have the rower, and even after using it for two years, multiple times a week, it still is my enemy. Enjoy
Yeah man, I'm looking forward to it and dreading it. Rowers kick my a** so hard!
FIDO*98*
AG
No love for the WaterRower on here? Mine's been a great purchase. I love the sound and the wood frame makes it look much nicer than most fitness equipment
AgCMT
AG
FIDO*98* said:

No love for the WaterRower on here? Mine's been a great purchase. I love the sound and the wood frame makes it look much nicer than most fitness equipment
Kevin Spacey ruined it for me on House of Cards.

Actually they are nice, but the price point on a Concept 2 was about 1k less than the WaterRower. That was the only reason I went with it at the time.
Vernada
AG
woohoo - rower ordered!
Vernada
AG
Rower arrived and is setup. Pretty excited to see how this coming week looks. I'm hoping to hit 16+ strain per day. Right now I'm typically high 14 or low 15s. 7 day average is 14.8 which includes 2 down days per week. I'd be happy to get that average to mid 15s by adding in the rower.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.