Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Bed Talk

4,816 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CoolaidWade
JSKolache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About to pull trigger on a bed in box. Anyone have one they love and would buy again? We like firm and im huge 260lb.

I narrowed down to 2 models which seem similar, just waffling on which one...
14TheRoad
AG
I don't think you're going to be satisfied. We bought a bed in a box about a year ago (ghost I think) and it was good for a while but it seemed to get uncomfortable quickly. If you're 260 I think it won't hold up for very long. We are getting a temperpedic delivered later this week. Our experiment with a cheaper box mattress came to a relatively quick finish.
Texas Ag Mom
We really needed a new bed & I struggled w/making a decision. I did a lot of research. I was really interested in the foam but was concerned about the sleeping hot reports. We also were used to sleeping on a firm mattress so I had concerns about the brands that had the "one size fits all". I had never heard of Amerisleep until hubs started building their stores. I looked at the beds multiple times before I finally gave in. We have had our Amerisleep foam mattress for a couple of years & we love it! No hip or back pain & it does not sleep hot. Very comfy & soft but w/plenty of firmness. We got a discount but worth every penny at regular price.
Out in Left Field
AG
We like our Nest Bedding Alexander Signature Hybrid Mattress. It's a pocketed coil mattress with a top foam layer.
Law361
AG
Bump. Anyone want to share other favorite mattress recommendations? Leaning towards a sleep number.
Swarely
I got a purple mattress last year and love it. Used to have really bad shoulder pain, and now it's mostly gone.
lb3
AG
My wife and I went to Texas Mattress Makers and had a custom bed made with each side a different firmness.

Far cheaper than any name brand bed.
CoolaidWade
AG
Do not go cheap with your bed.

My bed along with my bikes, beer, running shoes, and some snowboard equipment are the only items I spend a premium on. This is after years of learning the hard way.

Everything else n your life go cheap as possible and you will profit.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.