Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Tonal Home Fitness Thing

11,247 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Pahdz
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Vitruvian limited to lifts off the ground? That's one of the the things i like about tonal. I use multiple "arm" locations (at least 2 out of low, mid, and high) pretty much every workout.

You do need a 7x7 spot in front of a wall that has no (or limited) plumbing for tonal, which can be a limit for some. That said, the vitrivian is 100lbs, so while "mobile", it's more like "drag a few feet out from under the bed" mobile in practicality
BQ2001
AG
I looked at it too but it seemed limited on what you could do and I didn't have a good place for it. My tonal is in my office/spare bedroom. I put a Murphy bed in to have more space and it works out well. I'm honestly not sure where I would have stored the Viv other than the middle of the floor.
Pahdz
alright, just went to Mall of America and did a Tonal demo. Was really impressed with the feel of it, and as someone coming from a power rack/free weight setup where I'm doing working sets with 225 on bench and squats, I liked how it kept tension through the whole movement.

I also like it because at 44 and busy with work and parenting I don't have to come up with my own program, and I like how it remembers and sets weights for the next workout in a plan.

Only con I can think of is it's non integration with Garmin but I can workaround that.
BQ2001
AG
I've had mine almost a year now and still really enjoying it. I have done a few of the running/endurance focused programs and they kick my butt every time. If you do end up getting one you can use this link (not sure if it will be any better than the Black Friday sales though) and it's supposed to be $125 off. I haven't been a big weight lifter in a long time but I like to think I have pretty strong legs and I'm nowhere near maxing it out.

https://fbuy.io/tonal/6wb375f6

Quote:

Only con I can think of is it's non integration with Garmin but I can workaround that.
I thought that too, but I can't see what I would do with that data really anyway. Maybe just look at it in Apple Health? But it does track PRs/progress for the various lifts if you are into that. But really I just do the weight that comes up with and move on.

Oh, and also mid 40s dad here. I work from home and it's installed in my basement office. I get on some company wide conference calls where I just have to listen and can knock out a workout super easy. The convience factor is huge for me. No excuses when it's staring you in the face.
KidDoc
AG
I ordered one at the beginning of the month and communication with the delivery company has been terrible. They keep texting me to schedule and when I call they say the local office will call me to schedule it and they never do.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pahdz
Thanks for the code but I guess you can't stack it on top of the Black Friday promo.

Appreciate the feedback!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.