Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Back Squat Waves

1,680 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Woods Ag
Woods Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow these have been nasty and I'm seeing really good gains

Been doing these every Monday as part of my workout

Wk 1
Rd 1
Set 1 - 6 reps - 70%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 76%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 82%
Rest 3minutes
Rd 2
Set 1 - 6 reps - 76%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 82%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 88%
Rest 3m
Rd 3
Set 1 - 6 reps - 82%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 88%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 94%

*percentages are based on a 5-rep max that you find the week before (at least a couple days before starting)

4 weeks, increase the percentages by 2% a week. Then the rep scheme changes to 4-3-2 starting at 83%-89%-95% and increasing from there.

Rest in between each set is only as much as needed to change the weights on the bar.

AggieChemE09
AG
Woods Ag said:

Wow these have been nasty and I'm seeing really good gains

Been doing these every Monday as part of my workout

Wk 1
Rd 1
Set 1 - 6 reps - 70%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 76%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 82%
Rest 3m
Rd 2
Set 1 - 6 reps - 76%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 82%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 88%
Rest 3m
Rd 3
Set 1 - 6 reps - 82%
Set 2 - 4 reps - 88%
Set 3 - 2 reps - 94%

*percentages are based on a 5-rep max that you find the week before (at least a couple days before starting)

4 weeks, increase the percentages by 2% a week. Then the rep scheme changes to 4-3-2 starting at 83%-89%-95% and increasing from there.

Rest in between each set is only as much as needed to change the weights on the bar.

only 12 reps of squat per week???
AgEng06
AG
That's all for Week 1, 3 rounds of 12 squats with rest between. 36 total reps, not counting warm up.
AggieChemE09
AG
That makes a lot more sense.
Woods Ag
AG
Yeah, I also squat clean or power clean on either Tuesday or Wednesday and I do some sort of Tempo front squats or every min on the min front squat workout on Friday... and there is always some thrusters getting done at some point. This week they actually followed the squat waves.

Overall, I get more than enough squats in a week. This is just one part of my weekly workout the past 8 weeks that I've really found both mean and beneficial
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
What is your goal for squats and power cleans? I feel like I don't need to add anymore being a simple desk jockey
Woods Ag
AG
I'm not a desk jockey, but even so, that wouldn't be my whole life. I'm active and enjoy not needing to worry about my physical fitness level no matter what I decide to take on.

And I enjoy challenging myself both physically and mentally. The day I stop wanting a challenge will probably be the day I die.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.