Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Dryuary

20,798 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by backintexas2013
JW_TXAG13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never thought I'd need to try this out but I decided to stop drinking for this month. I know I'm a month behind but reading through some of the comments on this thread has me inspired.

It was weird being sober for the Superbowl but I must say, feels great to not be hungover at work today
Callate Donnie
Vernada said:

wessimo said:

Anyone else find that a month off messed with their hangover resistance? I had a few beers Saturday night and felt like garbage for most of Sunday.
It's not hangover resistance. That's your same hangover - now you know just how awful you've been really feeling all this time!
Exactly.

HvilleAggie
AG
yeah not being hungover is well worth not drinking. I can't believe I treated hangovers as something I just needed to power through, likely until my next drink that night. I am actually excited to scale back my drinking permanently
Swarely
Another week in the books. A lot happened this week that made it the hardest week so far this year to stay sober.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Go get'em. I had some this past weekend, but will be off until after Cowtown.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
wessimo
AG
Had a long day yesterday and I had an urge to crack a beer when I got home. Then I considered that if I had one I'd probably want a second, and if I consumed on Tuesday I'd probably do so on Wednesday, Thursday, and so on. I decided to grab a soda water instead.

BreNayPop
AG
I stopped at the end of January. Was a long January. Kudos to u guys/gals that have hung in there
HvilleAggie
AG
I also had a drink for super bowl, but I'm proud to report that since January I'm abstaining for more days than I am drinking. Used to be that taking a day off was even a struggle. Really trying to change my mindset about how I approach alcohol. It needs to become more of a treat and less of a crutch.

Keep it up to those still on the wagon!
JW_TXAG13
AG
HvilleAggie said:

I also had a drink for super bowl, but I'm proud to report that since January I'm abstaining for more days than I am drinking. Used to be that taking a day off was even a struggle. Really trying to change my mindset about how I approach alcohol. It needs to become more of a treat and less of a crutch.

Keep it up to those still on the wagon!

This is my same exact mindset
Swarely
Grandfather died a couple days ago. I'm out.
backintexas2013
AG
I have drank four days since January 1. Interesting all four times I had more than four beers. That tells me I am better off not having the first one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.