Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Where Does Everyone Work Out?

4,314 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jim01
Post removed:
by user
bert harbinson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mostly at home, but also one of the Plano Rec centers, mainly for swimming. It's a nice facility and really cheap for residents.
GMM
Running around the streets/trails of Colleyville/Grapevine/Euless
TwoMarksHand
AG
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

TwoMarksHand said:

Wichita Falls Athletic Club.

That's Rippetoe's gym correct?
Yessir
Jim01
AG
Thanks for all the feedback on Lifetime. Sounds like it's definitely not the gym for me right now since I pretty much am just looking for a pool and there are much cheaper options for that.
chico
AG
I bike the roads and bike trails, mostly inside loop 610 in Houston. I stop occasionally to do push-ups in neighborhood parks etc. Occasionally swim laps at Memorial Park pool when I'm really motivated.
Na Zdraví 87
AG
I bike the paved county roads of Bastrop county.
Do some light lifting at my house.
bunlundun
AG
I have a cheap Fitness Xpress near the main road to our neighborhood. At $15 a month it has been great, but is becoming more crowded and there is only one squat rack. Thinking about installing the below rack in my garage for barbell stuff, and keeping the membership for other accessory training.

https://prxperformance.com/collections/folding-squat-racks/products/2x3-profile-rack-single-bar
MikesFamousJava
AG
LA Fitness in Plano on Spring Creek, but only because my employer pays for it. Their corporately "curated" selection of "music" sucks, the locker room stinks (they have carpet in the locker room), half the time they have water fountains, toilets, and showers that don't work, they often fail to refill the soap dispensers, and they have their cleaning guy mopping the rubber floor around you in the free weight area at 7 am. Apparently they're not worried about someone slipping while doing squats. Idiots. I wish I could afford to build a home gym.
Brewsky09
AG
Fitness Connection in Webster
YMCA in League City
ElGoatarod
AG
My front yard. Soroti, Uganda.
fido00
AG
My wife and I both go to the Golds Gym in New Braunfels.
mrsbeer05
AG
I go to the pool at the LA Fitness on 96 because it's part of my BCBS gym plan, you might look into them

If I'm not swimming, I'm running down Bay Area, riding my peloton, or working out in the garage

Post removed:
by user
mrsbeer05
AG
You pay $25/month and you can go to any gym they have a contract with. For me it's the Planet Fitness on 528, LA Fitness on 96, and Fitness Connection on 45.
Wife is an Aggie
Office gym mainly... Has dumbbells up to 100, barbell/squat rack, smith machine, cable machine, leg press, leg extensions, kettleballs, and a handful of other misc machines/equipment.

When I work from home or occasionally on the weekends hit up the neighborhood gym (Sienna Plantation).. We have two which are free to use (part of HOA fee). They have everything my office gym has + more.

Run around the hood as well.
Post removed:
by user
Hoosegow
You should join Strength Built. It is easily the best gym in the area
Class of '94
fido00
AG
I just looked them up, that gym is about 2 miles from my house and I've never heard of them.

I may have to check it out.
512Ag
AG
Town Lake YMCA in Austin
Hoosegow
First visit is free. Just a heads up, though. It doesn't have group classes.
Class of '94
fido00
AG
I looked at the website, and I never once got the feeling that they would have a Body Pump section.

Any idea how much a membership is?

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Garage gym at home. Doubt it makes financial sense to do it, but it is nice for my wife and I to get a workout in with our 1 year old asleep in her bed. Mainly did it because we moved to an area with no good gym options.
Hoosegow
Dont quote me but I think 50ish with a discount for spouse.
Class of '94
Jim01
AG
Looks like Aetna has something similar. $25 a month through a website/app called LifeMart and a deal on their site called Active&Fit Direct and has all three clubs you mention. Not sure I want to drive to 96 to swim though.

I noticed the 24 hr Fitness Costco deal says for new customers only, but I am pretty sure it's always said that, so I need to call 24 hr Fitness and confirm that's the nest deal for me.

Friendswood Natatorium has swim hours but they aren't very convenient.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.