Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Where Does Everyone Work Out?

4,310 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jim01
Post removed:
by user
Vade281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Camp Gladiator in The Colony
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
TwoMarksHand
AG
Wichita Falls Athletic Club

Wife goes to the YMCA in Wichita Falls.

Doubt anyone else on here does.
Post removed:
by user
Vernada
AG
backyard shed - I hope none of yall are working out there too.
TwoMarksHand
AG
third coast.. said:

Curious, why do yall not go to the same facility?
WFAC is barbell training only. She like to do all of the dumb machines. And the Y had spin classes that she goes to.
htxag09
AG
The Preserve in Houston. Spend a lot of time also running and biking at memorial park, white oak hike and bike trail, and buffalo bayou.

The wife spends most her time at the preserve but does class pass and does around 1 outside class a week.

We will be switching to the new Liftetime gym they are building in greenway plaza. Basically a country club without a golf course and in town.
ptothemo
AG
24 Hour Fitness at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford three mornings a week. I spend most of my time on the road within the borders of Westpark, the Beltway, I-10, and Blalock/Piney Point. Throw Memorial Park, Buffalo Bayou, and White Oak Bayou in there some, as well.
P.U.T.U
AG
Your mom's...

I work out at my house, use to workout at the LA Fitness by my house but paying $30 a month to only swim was annoying. Saves time working out at home, can workout whenever I want to, and saves a ton of money.
Ragoo
AG
Office gym, hotel gym, buffalo bayou running path.

Soon, towne lake club house.
aggiespartan
AG
World Champ Training in Carrollton. It's a small lifting gym.
wbt5845
AG
Camp Gladiator in Arlington
abacavir
wbt5845 said:

Camp Gladiator in Arlington
Really? NOooooooo way
Drip99
AG
Golds dripping springs
abacavir
Equinox River Oaks.
Disco Stu
AG
My house in McKinney. I hope none of you workout in close proximity.
Max06
AG
Anytime Fitness (Floresville, La Vernia, Stockdale) whichever is closest on that particular day
K Bo
AG
CrossFit Yellow Rose and Memorial Park. The guy that owns CFYR is about to open a 24hr gym next to the CF gym which I will join.
agcivengineer
AG
Lifetime fitness - katy. Run around my neighborhood. Bike out in fulshear.
DavidAg02
Elite Mixed Martial Arts in Houston
David Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2002! Whoop! Houston, TX
Diggity
AG
LA Fitness on Weslayan. Going to try out Life Time when it opens but LA is a good gym for the money.
zachsccr
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

Wichita Falls Athletic Club

Wife goes to the YMCA in Wichita Falls.

Doubt anyone else on here does.

I used to work out at the Y there off Sw parkway when I lived there. Still pop in on occasion over holidays when I'm in town.

Now- I just use the city of San Angelo. Run pretty much where ever
wangus12
AG
Cooper Aerobics Fitness Center in Dallas.

24 hour in Allen.

Run all over the metroplex
7yrplan
AG
Lifetime fitness in south Jordan Utah
AggieDruggist89
AG
At the house, Radford Virginia
bushytailed
AG
Golds BCS
Run with Brazos Runners Club
Pahdz
My basement in Minnetonka, MN
Kool
AG
I belong to a country club in North Atlanta. I was about to drop it, then they invested hugely in a new workout facility with beautiful views outdoors, spin bikes, classes, etc. so I've stayed. It's probably a bit over a mile from my house. . No Aggies at my club besides me. One sip -and, yes, he's an arrogant ass.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
monarch
S
Wife and I both use Fitness Connection on Champion Forest Dr and Louetta in Klein, for various reasons; We both do Yoga there two times a week and she also does Zumba and Step classes there too. At home, I do my version of yoga daily in the AM and also do my running on alternate evenings on the golf course or through my subdivision.
Peace for Ukraine!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
TwoMarksHand said:

Wichita Falls Athletic Club.

That's Rippetoe's gym correct?
Beckdiesel03
AG
Das Rec -NB, for family
Husband also has PAC in Pleasanton
Jim01
AG
The last 4-5 years I've gone to the 24 hour Fitness here in Friendswood. Mainly because it's cheap. I use the Costco deal for a 2 year membership for $429.99. I mainly just use the pool for triathlon training, then the big class room area for stretching and core work. Occasionally use some weights.

My membership just expired so I'm searching around. There is a brand new Lifetime Fitness near Baybrook mall that looks really nice, but looking on their webpage it says it's $119 a month? That can't be right. $120 a month for a frickin gym membership? That's a hard pass.

For those that use Lifetime, is that what you all pay? Or is there some deal, similar to Costco and 24 hour, that I am not aware of?
Post removed:
by user
htxag09
AG
Lifetime has a lot of different tiered gyms. So just because someone is paying something, that isn't necessarily what you can get your gym/club for.

As third coast said, they're going more for a club, and an exclusive club. They do have nicer equipment, nicer locker rooms, amenities, towels, etc.

My wife wanted to join because of the amenities: she liked the offered classes, resort style pool w/ cabanas, bar, etc. I'm fine with it because my least favorite thing about gyms is the crowds. The extra price tag keeps my wife happy and allows me to avoid some of the big negatives of the cheaper big box gyms: 30 min cardio limits, waiting for equipment between sets, waiting on pool lanes, etc.

FWIW, the gym we joined is still being built, should be done in October, Greenway plaza. It's the highest tiered gym (we could go to the one in City Centre, Katy, etc., but those members can't come to Greenway plaza one) and our family (my wife and I) membership is about $225. I may be off a little, my wife signed us up....

ETA: if you do classes, those can add up also. For my wife, that's mainly all she does: yoga, cycling, bar, pilates, orange theory type cardio and weight classes, etc. When she was strictly paying for those a la cart at other gym and studios, it was $100+ a month....
CFTXAG10
AG
Jim01 said:

The last 4-5 years I've gone to the 24 hour Fitness here in Friendswood. Mainly because it's cheap. I use the Costco deal for a 2 year membership for $429.99. I mainly just use the pool for triathlon training, then the big class room area for stretching and core work. Occasionally use some weights.

My membership just expired so I'm searching around. There is a brand new Lifetime Fitness near Baybrook mall that looks really nice, but looking on their webpage it says it's $119 a month? That can't be right. $120 a month for a frickin gym membership? That's a hard pass.

For those that use Lifetime, is that what you all pay? Or is there some deal, similar to Costco and 24 hour, that I am not aware of?
My brother works out at the Lifetime Fitness over by Baybrook. I have been wanting to go try it out. It is pricey but it is more of a "club" than a gym. They also have pretty much every piece of workout equipment you can think of and a lot of recovery/rehab equipment also. Again, $120 is pretty steep when you are used to paying in the 30-40 a month range, but they do their best to make sure you get your money's worth.

I have 2 memberships right now. 1 to PF, and 1 to our local city gym that has a pool/sauna/steam room. All in I pay $25/month so its hard to pass up that type of deal.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.